RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
porky

TAB AD ...6pm TV1 News

Don,t know how costly the Ad was...but certainly caught my attention , purely by the surprise factor...

effective timing to catch the target market (new punters)

HOWEVER this was nullified by the unclear speedy delivery...

I commented it was good to see Ad in prime time-slot for wide audience...

The wife said she heard the word Gingernuts, but, that was it !!! everything else a ramble...(not being a punter)

I must admit, I can,t recall the content of the Ad...so how would a non punter?...Hardly effective! 

I've got th script here.

Welcome to your TAB, aka Thieves, Arseholes & Bastards.

We'll offer you fuck all but we're guaranteed to exploit the vulnerable members of society then spend the profits on international junkets, expensive private boxes at the Lion's rugby matches, flash offices, spin doctors & long lunches, what we won't do is invest in the racing industry or the hard working people who provide the product for us to sell to our unsuspecting victims.

C'mon board everyone, let us bend you over and violate you while stealing your hard earned money, and giving you absolutely fucking nothing back.

4 minutes ago, Bob22 said:

I saw it last night. Thumbs up from me. 

What was the content exactly Bob?... bit rushed for me to take in...Gingernuts and surprise of TAB Ad on mainstream TV aside.

See you a new poster...what was your imput? or is that just coincidental?

10 hours ago, Midget said:

I've got th script here.

Welcome to your TAB, aka Thieves, Arseholes & Bastards.

We'll offer you fuck all but we're guaranteed to exploit the vulnerable members of society then spend the profits on international junkets, expensive private boxes at the Lion's rugby matches, flash offices, spin doctors & long lunches, what we won't do is invest in the racing industry or the hard working people who provide the product for us to sell to our unsuspecting victims.

C'mon board everyone, let us bend you over and violate you while stealing your hard earned money, and giving you absolutely fucking nothing back.

Do you have a day job writing for Stephen Colbert?

the best promotion or advertising the tab should do which they have been doing in aus for years is bonus bets they still have not worked it out yet. most of the money goes back in anyway

1 hour ago, mike28 said:

the best promotion or advertising the tab should do which they have been doing in aus for years is bonus bets they still have not worked it out yet. most of the money goes back in anyway

Waaay too advanced for our idiotic TAB. Hows the exacta option going??? :rolleyes:

On 6/1/2017 at 7:56 AM, hesi said:

They played the ad at the end of State of Origin

Basically, advertising the TAB app, 30 secs, a series(5 or 6) of average NZ'ers, talking about winning a big sports event, the second last being a woman saying she won the Derby with Gingernuts.

Personally didn't think it had much cut through, but a continuation of the current ad, 90% sports, 10% racing, pushing the 'warm fuzzy' side of the TAB to middle NZ.  Much the same sort of strategy as Lotto has used.

Probably as good a coverage as Racing is going to get, as they clearly see Sports as the growth area and gambling on Sports, having a lot less negatives to it that Racing

Why do you say less negatives to racing ? Let's look at sports for a second The Chiefs hookers scandal . Ali Williams drugs   Dan Carter drink driving . League players  betting on games Kiwi league captain snorting cocaine and that's even without thinking too hard . You say something often enough you start to believe it the FACT is racing is no worse than any other sport/industry humans are involved in you have been brainwashed.

4 minutes ago, hesi said:

They will have probably made a few versions of the ad, but around the same theme.

Much like Lotto advertising, it's all about the warm fuzzies of being a winner.  The theme is there, I just though the execution drifted a bit, so no cut through, others might think differently. 

Very boring, hardly much excitement about it Hesi...wouldn,t gain the attention of even an addicted punter.

more sausage rolls and custard squares , would have been a better spend   

3 minutes ago, hesi said:

Probably on a tight budget, unlike the Lotteries, who appear to have unlimited funds, if the extent of their ads is anything to go by.

What do you think that TAB ad would have cost?

Have no idea mate...was pleased and surprised by the initial shock of the TAB AD on mainstream TV...

Suppose it now depends on the regularity of it,s showing...(effective or not).

If it attracts more punters and improves the viewing/punting experience of customers then I suppose they have succeeded  

16 hours ago, porky said:

Have no idea mate...was pleased and surprised by the initial shock of the TAB AD on mainstream TV...

Suppose it now depends on the regularity of it,s showing...(effective or not).

If it attracts more punters and improves the viewing/punting experience of customers then I suppose they have succeeded  

But it is a bit like Auckland City advertising around the world for more people and cars! The current TAB system can't cope with the dwindling number of customers now. So as a current customer ( at this time ) please no more advertisements, I want to be able to log in tomorrow!

On 6/3/2017 at 6:59 PM, hesi said:

Probably on a tight budget, unlike the Lotteries, who appear to have unlimited funds, if the extent of their ads is anything to go by.

What do you think that TAB ad would have cost?

Thought it was a very muddled approach, if not downright confusing Hesi.  The "deep throat" delivery didn't help and most wouldn't have a clue what they were on about. Cost wouldn't have been over the top, depending on individual fees.

12 minutes ago, hesi said:

Maybe 50K plus for the ad, by the time everyone takes their cut, like creative and production costs.  Why do you think Saatchi & Saatchi have such a huge building in downtown Auckland:)

TV production has never been cheap, and you wouldn't get much for fifty grand these days.....;)