RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Siver Collar

Good to see Auckland naming their recent races after previous Silver Collar winners in the lead up to this years event, but what about Miss Lygon. Owned and trained by Auckland club stalwarts Ken Flowers and Brian McIntyre she is worthy of a mention.

Other odd things from the history books.

In 2002 every one of the finalists was from the South Island.

Previous winners Rivete Reason (B Craik) and the aforementioned Miss Lygon raced on and won during 30 plus starts after their silver collar wins yet neither managed to win past 700m again

I for one don't have a problem with Miss Lygon .

You have your opinion I have mine ,

I personal beleaveMiss Lygon is the great ever winner of the mighty collar and was from this countries best ever litter breed.

But hey Mike , thats just my opinion , as you are fully aware and thanks for the plug.

On 28/05/2017 at 2:34 PM, lad27 said:

I see there is a very smart distance racer over here for the collar from ozz in Ring The Bell, earner of over 250k!

It is very hard for a distance dog to come to NZ within a month of the collar and win it. Several elite dogs from Aus have tried and failed in the past. My money is on Turnwalds distance dog. Should be a cracking event this year though

53 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

It is very hard for a distance dog to come to NZ within a month of the collar and win it. Several elite dogs from Aus have tried and failed in the past. My money is on Turnwalds distance dog. Should be a cracking event this year though

Apart from Tranquil Blossom and Ring the bell it's going to be terrible IMO... most of arch's decent stayers are a bit past their best and he hasn't had any younger dogs coming thru that are up to that grade. Who else is there?

BTW if Ring The Bell brings his spring form over here he's a moral, has a lot more early speed than Tranquil Blossom which looks a massive plus, I did think Blossom looked a moral for it before he came over. Let's hope they both make the final. 

12 hours ago, Craig Symes said:

I for one don't have a problem with Miss Lygon .

You have your opinion I have mine ,

I personal beleaveMiss Lygon is the great ever winner of the mighty collar and was from this countries best ever litter breed.

But hey Mike , thats just my opinion , as you are fully aware and thanks for the plug.

Craig, I hope you don't think I have a problem with Miss Lygon winning the collar. I applauded it at the time and was wondering why the Auckland club was slow to recognise her.  We had a bitch that lined up against Miss Lygon in 700+ races at Cambridge and Auckland prior to the silver  collar and beat her comprehensively both times. Nino Gypsey broke a hock before the collar which also broke our hearts. The bitch you bred winning confirmed to us that our bitch would have been a chance if she had stayed sound. By the way our one's brother won the Auckland cup so we will leave your other two comments there

11 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Apart from Tranquil Blossom and Ring the bell it's going to be terrible IMO... most of arch's decent stayers are a bit past their best and he hasn't had any younger dogs coming thru that are up to that grade. Who else is there?

BTW if Ring The Bell brings his spring form over here he's a moral, has a lot more early speed than Tranquil Blossom which looks a massive plus, I did think Blossom looked a moral for it before he came over. Let's hope they both make the final. 

I would not write of thrilling flo either. If she brings her best form, should be hard to beat

On 5/28/2017 at 7:04 PM, gary1 said:

really best of luck

Dog trialed 18.50 Ist sectional on sunday ..his run up the back was one off the fastest I have seen....trialed over 700....going to take a super dog to run him down ..he might  be at the end off his career but his  class is class and think he will prove very hard to beat......nice guy the trainer as well and wish him the best....group one winner in australia he deserves respect.

32 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

Dog trialed 18.50 Ist sectional on sunday ..his run up the back was one off the fastest I have seen....trialed over 700....going to take a super dog to run him down ..he might  be at the end off his career but his  class is class and think he will prove very hard to beat......nice guy the trainer as well and wish him the best....group one winner in australia he deserves respect.

I heard he went post to post, not 700?

2 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Will win the collar. 

2 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

I heard he went post to post, not 700?

Gezz jake you were not there ..you heard something....facts are simple as was said the dog trialed 700....facts are facts...there were no post to posts Sunday before the races....stop making spins ..the only post to post was after the last race by Tom Patton..and you were there

12 hours ago, GOM said:

Craig, I hope you don't think I have a problem with Miss Lygon winning the collar. I applauded it at the time and was wondering why the Auckland club was slow to recognise her.  We had a bitch that lined up against Miss Lygon in 700+ races at Cambridge and Auckland prior to the silver  collar and beat her comprehensively both times. Nino Gypsey broke a hock before the collar which also broke our hearts. The bitch you bred winning confirmed to us that our bitch would have been a chance if she had stayed sound. By the way our one's brother won the Auckland cup so we will leave your other two comments there

Mike , Have you been drinking again ?? Just had a look at some results , and I see Nino got beaten in the heats of the collar by Miss Lygon and bet on bessie ( who was the defending champ ) in what was the fastest heat and 4th in the final again behind Miss Lygon and bessie,

So looking at that id say the best dog won.

16 hours ago, Track Record said:

The dog could have stayed home and run around Albion Park over the next couple of months chasing the Winter Chase and Gold Cup. 

Pretty strong staying dogs over there at the mo.

You are quite right Craig on both counts, which shows the folly of trying to depend on memory with so many miles on the clock.

1999 was the first we tried her over distance and she ran good races in the heats and final of the collat without ever threatening to run in the money. It was after that that she started to shine as a stayer winning several staying races at Auckalnd over the 779m journey including the two defeats of Miss Lygon and one of her littermate Dreaming Queen who also may have placed in a collar for Wayne and Tracey,. It was the following years collar where it went all wrong for us.

The litter you bred were very good stayers deserve all the allocades you heap on them