RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tonkatime

The Amazing Chase Concept

2 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

I would like to think races like NZ Cup and Auckland Cup would get the same coverage as that race series did.It was beyond believe the amount of tv time it had.

AC

With respect, I think you're missing the point of the series and the nature of media/news/infotainment.

Doing what you have always done and hoping people will share your interest simply no longer works.  All forms of sports entertainment have had to reinvent themselves to an extent or develop new concepts along the way - with cricket think ODIs and then 20/20, rugby has gone from the NPC to Super Rugby etc.  

With marginal sports like racing - it's no longer a mainstream sport - few people outside of the engaged have interest in the standard racing.  What is so different about the NZ Cup or the Auckland Cup?  How is it different from any other race?  Who is it different from the previous year's race/s?

If the series managed to gain air time - even to core racing audiences - that has to be good for the code and potentially for interest in other major races. 

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

I had my doubts about it, but having watched it yesterday, my doubts have gone. I thought it was well done, and good for betting. Looking forward to the next one.

Agree john...i enjoyed the whole thing and think next year it will be embraced better....to be honest i still till the day did not understand the punting concept...now i do it should be used....congrats to all involved...

On 7/31/2017 at 5:48 PM, Hound Fan said:

Agree john...i enjoyed the whole thing and think next year it will be embraced better....to be honest i still till the day did not understand the punting concept...now i do it should be used....congrats to all involved...

Yes, it took me a few reads to figure out how it worked but now we know how it all comes together, we can only look forward to the next one. I've been to a few gallops and harness meetings in my time and that format made for one of the most interesting days at the races I've ever had. I also had many inquiries from non-greyhound people about it who watched it and had a bet on it. So it is attracting new interest which can only be good for the game. Maybe looking at varying the distances could also be a possibility.

3 hours ago, NeilD said:

Yes, it took me a few reads to figure out how it worked but now we know how it all comes together, we can only look forward to the next one. I've been to a few gallops and harness meetings in my time and that format made for one of the most interesting days at the races I've ever had. I also had many inquiries from non-greyhound people about it who watched it and had a bet on it. So it is attracting new interest which can only be good for the game. Maybe looking at varying the distances could also be a possibility.

No, I would hate it being reduced to sprints, and distance would be boring. The classic distance is just right.

17 hours ago, aquaman said:

No, I would hate it being reduced to sprints, and distance would be boring. The classic distance is just right.

It was great to be close to the track and see the dogs jump out and charge past us the first time. Then you could see them chasing down the straight so it probably is the ideal distance from a viewers point of view. The sectionals of each dog are here

Shantui was a length behind at the end of the mid section and got up probably in the last couple of strides.