Jump to content
RaceCafe
tonkatime

The Amazing Chase Concept

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

The jewels concept being so successful will never put harness third ever

Greyhounds have nearly overtaken harness racing's market share in aus, only a matter of time before it happens over there. 

53 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

I like the concept but still trying to get my head around how it works. I have read the article about 6 times & still can't work it out.

What part are you struggling with Gary? The only confusing part is who is going to qualify and how, the rest rather straight forward i thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Greyhounds have nearly overtaken harness racing's market share in aus, only a matter of time before it happens over there. 

Umm... Nearly overtaken? Try NEARLY DOUBLED Harness Racing's market share;

2015/2016 Racing Season - TAB/Bookmaker Tri Code Australian Wagering : ($m)

Thoroughbred: 15,718.33   --   Harness:  1,760.51   --   Greyhounds:  3,162.14   --   Sports:  8,243.41

In NSW, Greyhounds have 16.3% market share to Harnesses 8.2% share yet only received 9.9% of the funding pie as a result of some dodgy deal signed in the late 90's.

NZ Harness should consider themselves very lucky that; leadership at GreyhoundNZ is happy to continue to pour the money into the less desirable/lower turnover Sprint Racing, instead of improving the middle distance+ product.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Greyhounds have nearly overtaken harness racing's market share in aus, only a matter of time before it happens over there. 

What part are you struggling with Gary? The only confusing part is who is going to qualify and how, the rest rather straight forward i thought.

The part I find confusing is what you have put up & also how are they going to decide what dogs get a start in each heat if there are lots of dogs nomed for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gary Sharp said:

The part I find confusing is what you have put up & also how are they going to decide what dogs get a start in each heat if there are lots of dogs nomed for it.

They have trials between the two set dates at all 3 tracks. All nominated dogs times are included between those two set dates.  Than the first and second fastest timed dogs at all venues make up the final with the host venues 3rd fastest dog also making the final and a coin toss between the other two venues for the final place in the final. Than they are seeded into a field where all dogs race in groups of two and the fastest time is the winner of the race

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

When is the list of nominated dogs officially announced for this race?

Noms close at 9am Monday 19th June. So they may posted by 12pm that same day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 1:35 PM, EsquireNZ said:

Umm... Nearly overtaken? Try NEARLY DOUBLED Harness Racing's market share;

2015/2016 Racing Season - TAB/Bookmaker Tri Code Australian Wagering : ($m)

Thoroughbred: 15,718.33   --   Harness:  1,760.51   --   Greyhounds:  3,162.14   --   Sports:  8,243.41

In NSW, Greyhounds have 16.3% market share to Harnesses 8.2% share yet only received 9.9% of the funding pie as a result of some dodgy deal signed in the late 90's.

NZ Harness should consider themselves very lucky that; leadership at GreyhoundNZ is happy to continue to pour the money into the less desirable/lower turnover Sprint Racing, instead of improving the middle distance+ product.

 

 

Try putting things into perspective how many greyhound races per week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But no McIninny dogs  nommed,  our  leading trainers for many years..   Why?  I  would hope that this Amazing event will see hair follicle testing initially ...  and then  Blood and urine tests  on all that line up  every time they perform .  A chance for our sport to really show how Amazing we are.... The dogs We love   and and our dogs that Love to race.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry Fields livened up c1 Tuesday at Addington this afternoon.

It was a lovely winter's afternoon and the Ray Adcock trained greyhound, having its first start since 6 April at Sandown,  made full use of the conditions and the ace draw to scoot away from a handy field to win by 9 and 3/4 lengths in 30.20 (5.89/17.78/12.42). The other 520m races were won by Little Bit Funny (30.85) and Kay Bomb (30.47). At the Ashburton meeting on Sunday the best time for the 520m races of which there were 4 was 30.35 (Howie Bale c4).

Harry Fields is by Barcia Bale from Tatty Fields and is a December 2014 whelping.

Ray was well aware of its speed and is among the confirmed nominations for the AC. 

A shame today wasn't day one for the triallists. Likewise Thursday this week with the 3 heats for the South Island Champs.

It all kicks off on June 23 and goes through to July 23 to find the top 8 for the big day - July 30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jape said:

Harry Fields livened up c1 Tuesday at Addington this afternoon.

It was a lovely winter's afternoon and the Ray Adcock trained greyhound, having its first start since 6 April at Sandown,  made full use of the conditions and the ace draw to scoot away from a handy field to win by 9 and 3/4 lengths in 30.20 (5.89/17.78/12.42). The other 520m races were won by Little Bit Funny (30.85) and Kay Bomb (30.47). At the Ashburton meeting on Sunday the best time for the 520m races of which there were 4 was 30.35 (Howie Bale c4).

Harry Fields is by Barcia Bale from Tatty Fields and is a December 2014 whelping.

Ray was well aware of its speed and is among the confirmed nominations for the AC. 

A shame today wasn't day one for the triallists. Likewise Thursday this week with the 3 heats for the South Island Champs.

It all kicks off on June 23 and goes through to July 23 to find the top 8 for the big day - July 30. 

Auckland Sunday will be interesting as their are several competitors lined up in separate races

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×