RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Happy Sunrise

The Box Seat: Can't touch the untouchables

Very disappointing commentary about The Devil's Own. Going on about team driving and saying it wasn't. But then agreeing with the rules about how it couldn't be disqualified.

If Aloka or Alta Maestro had been racing in a big 2-year-old race in Australia and had got cleaned out, in the same way, would their reaction and comments be the same?

Talk about missing the point completely. Is the rule fair?

Then Piccadilly Princess....Guerin says Mark Purdon yells  'look out, look out, I am coming through' and most drivers will give others room so it is normal...and says he has no issue with the drive by Rasmussen. Would any other driver make room when they don't have to? Then amazingly Guerin says it is not like the horse cut down on another horse because we would be screaming blue murder! Did The Devil's Own not do that to Alta Maestro and consequently Aloka?

Talk about being apologists for the Blue Brigade.

What a crock.

"Look Out Look Out" are you serious????

Sorry Michael but I was not aware that drivers are obliged to move out to let other horses thru just because you call out "look out look,out"

Mkchael you don't beleive that and neither do your fellow panellists!

Sorry, we all know that you are very close to the "Allstars" stable but you really should be neutral and not be apologists for them by trying to justify all the wrongs.

They are great trainers  we all know that but all Trainers and drivers should be treated equally and we know that is not always true don't we!

Personally don't Invest anything on group races or most Premier races especially when there are several from the same stable involved.

The  things  that occurred with no consequences justify my decision not to invest on these races and I beleive many other punters are now abstaining from these dominated races!

36 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Very disappointing commentary about The Devil's Own. Going on about team driving and saying it wasn't. But then agreeing with the rules about how it couldn't be disqualified.

If Aloka or Alta Maestro had been racing in a big 2-year-old race in Australia and had got cleaned out, in the same way, would their reaction and comments be the same?

Talk about missing the point completely. Is the rule fair?

Then Piccadilly Princess....Guerin says Mark Purdon yells  'look out, look out, I am coming through' and most drivers will give others room so it is normal...and says he has no issue with the drive by Rasmussen. Would any other driver make room when they don't have to? Then amazingly Guerin says it is not like the horse cut down on another horse because we would be screaming blue murder! Did The Devil's Own not do that to Alta Maestro and consequently Aloka?

Talk about being apologists for the Blue Brigade.

What a crock.

That show is just an O'Connor and Guerin stroke fest. 

I thought,(although not 100% sure)  that part of the reason they have the current relegation rule was to bring it into line with Australia.          If we accept ms rasmussen did not deliberately drive her horse into the path of the inside horses,then I think we should be excluding the all star factor of the argument.          Don't think micky g will be getting a job as a stipe after his comments about the Piccadilly  princess race. I still think it may be hard to prove her actions in that race  were deliberate, although I agree they looked to be.    Instead of asking micky g what he thought I would have liked to hear what the big fish and the pope thought.

Whilst I think you are all right what do you really expect?? Do you think he is going to say that Nat was out of line attacking Marstro with TDO through the middle and she did an inadequate job angling off when she ran in?

You can say he loves the all stars all you want but imagine what would happen if he voiced opinions they didn't like. Couldn't get an interview, hard to write an article, couldn't get info for punters....

You might find his (and others) private thoughts to be different than public.

Prob no different than when dealing with tab and bookies etc...

1 hour ago, Sickopunter said:

You can say he loves the all stars all you want but imagine what would happen if he voiced opinions they didn't like. Couldn't get an interview, hard to write an article, couldn't get info for punters....

You might find his (and others) private thoughts to be different than public.

If his private and public thoughts are different then he has no credibility. None whatsoever. He could have easily challenged the rule rather than the person in the TDO race. Pretty simple logic really for a person who is in the media.

If a journalist bows to participants then that journalist is not a journalist, they are a puppet and are to be treated with caution. Who else is he in bed with? Dalgety? He thought the fine was too much but Dalgety has been caught 5 times with colbalt if I heard correctly.

I would have always thought MG would speak his mind and be clever enough to know how he would do it. Now, I will more be cautious. 

8 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Question for all.

If Geoff Martin gets nailed for a year for not trying to win a race, then what does Natalie Rasmussen get for allowing another horse to finish ahead of her in a dividend-bearing position on purpose?

If she is found guilty that is. 

Happy, do you really think there is any chance of her being found guilty?

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Happy, do you really think there is any chance of her being found guilty?

An irrelevant question I hope. If there is evidence she is guilty then she is.

I am hoping we are not living in age where reputation and clout interfere whether you are found guilty or not.

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If his private and public thoughts are different then he has no credibility. None whatsoever. He could have easily challenged the rule rather than the person in the TDO race. Pretty simple logic really for a person who is in the media.

If a journalist bows to participants then that journalist is not a journalist, they are a puppet and are to be treated with caution. Who else is he in bed with? Dalgety? He thought the fine was too much but Dalgety has been caught 5 times with colbalt if I heard correctly.

I would have always thought MG would speak his mind and be clever enough to know how he would do it. Now, I will more be cautious. 

Works for Trackside, the TAB and the Herald. If you don't see the conflict of interest in voicing whatever opinion comes to mind you aren't following the game. I'm not saying it's how it should be I am just saying it's how it is.

11 hours ago, beef said:

Don't think Guerin lives in the real world. Also surprised that The Whale said nothing. Under orders?

Obviously under orders. No-one has free rein to voice their real opinions in those situations. More spin than a Nadal forehand.

1 minute ago, Sickopunter said:

Works for Trackside, the TAB and the Herald. If you don't see the conflict of interest in voicing whatever opinion comes to mind you aren't following the game. I'm not saying it's how it should be I am just saying it's how it is.

Agreed Sickopunter.

But he portrays himself as a person who tells it as it is. I would also suggest if one told him that his views were influenced by who his employers were I think he would be very unhappy. Well, that is the perception I have of the man - an independent who is his own man. Not bound by convention. 

Under orders?  You tell him that!

Just now, Happy Sunrise said:

Agreed Sickopunter.

But he portrays himself as a person who tells it as it is. I would also suggest if one told him that his views were influenced by who his employers were I think he would be very unhappy. Well, that is the perception I have of the man - an independent who is his own man. Not bound by convention. 

Under orders?  You tell him that!

I like the guy and I respect his opinions. Just not all of the ones I see on TV. Obviously there are shades of grey and at times he does/can shoot somewhat from the hip but the real Mick sure as hell isn't the one you see every week on the Box Seat/Trackside. I still think he is the right man for the job though as anyone else would be worse and even more influenced.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Can you elaborate?

I found his comments last night on TV to be pretty random.

The Picadilly Princess ones were random, I'll give you that. Still, once again, what would you hope he would say, or what could he really say?

5 minutes ago, Sickopunter said:

what would you hope he would say

For TDO, he could have questioned the rule.

For PP, he could have said that it is up to the sitpes to decide with the aid of all the angles.

Much better than going completely the other way to defend them. It was almost like he was trying to influence the decision.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

What is the point of anything if he can't say what he thinks?

If it is really like that, then things are pretty bloody sad.

Unfortunately there is no independence from the TAB.............at the end of the day they all work for this monopoly and clearly they can only play with any contentious issues.