RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

Johnson v Johnson

Remember that Wellington Cup well. My father had a very good horse called Delarenne who lined up in it ridden by Garry Phillips. He was very suspect going up to the 3200m though so only put a little oh him just in case.

Garth Jackson was very confident with Samasaan and was already proven at the distance and had a good collect off him when he won.  

44 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Chris coming to Te Aroha's next two meetings Ted??? Could be a bit of draw card?

Ted has to ring Mr Rumpole and arrange - agree with you -  CWJ -  NZ's Premier Champion Jockey would be a massive drawcard - the best of the best and free to watch

SPORT | Racing

Racing: Bookies ready to throw in towel

Bookies are getting set to run up the white flag in the battle of the New Zealand jockeys' premiership.

And that could mean paying out punters who backed veteran rider Chris Johnson with more than a month of the season to go.

Johnson was $51 to win the jockeys' premiership at the start of the season, being just 15th in the order of favouritism.

But after two wins at Pukekohe yesterday continued a magic month in the mud, the TAB has suspended betting on him as he sits 10 clear of long-time premiership leader Danielle Johnson, who pegged one back in the last race yesterday.

While the 53-year-old with the incredible back story has been rated the South Island's number one rider for much of the last three decades his season-opening odds were reflective of the fact he finished 18th in the premiership last season.

And while he has finished as close as fourth two years ago, that was still over 50 wins behind the premiership winner.

Even just three weeks ago a premiership looked unlikely as he sat five wins behind a rampant Danielle Johnson but he has since ridden like a man possessed, or perhaps more dangerously in his case, a man focused.

While Chris Johnson has regularly picked up his two or more wins at South Island meetings - as he is likely to do again at Oamaru today - he is also riding at better than a win a meeting in the north since he started travelling in his bid to win the title.

"His recent form has been so good we have started talking in the office about whether we surrender and pay his punters out," admits TAB bookie Stephen Hunt.

"The way the market has turned around this month we now rate him somewhere between $1 and $1.01 to win the title so it looks a done deal.

14 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Oh bugger! I guess he can still get to Te Aroha's July 9th meeting still?.... after his short holiday! :blink::D

Te Aroha July 9 all jumping, high weight and amateur

what about  July 21 ?. HE could get 4 rides which would be a full book for the day

Well it is now 23rd June This month he has had 20 winners.  More to come

over the next 2 days ??

10 in the North and 10 in the South  this month  a fair distribution

and shows clearly he is not just a South Island  Jockey

In 2007 he rode 20 winners in June when chasing Lisa Cropp

CWJ is not keen to ride over the hurdles despite offers in top hurdle races

14 hours ago, turny said:

He is NZ's Premier Champion Jockey Mr Rumpole - amazing performance and 53 to boot - just amazing

Not bad for an old fella

no luck yesterday at Otaki  2 lasts I tried hard to get him on the winner of the last but Howie had Rees Jones coming down but then he couldnt make the weight so Lisa was the lucky one

He should win 2 today maybe 3 but it will be tough

13 hours ago, turny said:

Was there today at Riccarton Mr Rumpole - heavy 11 - real tough - but what a ride in the second race - beaten at the 300 moved  in 2 widths - beautiful to watch - amazing - pure magic from the Magic  Man - NZ's Premier Champion Jockey

He is having a well deserved rest today and will be ready to fire at Te Rapa next Saturday

Thank you for your support Turny. You are so perceptive and smart.

I would love to see Alysha join Jason in Aussie to see how she would stack up.The girl is a real talent.The Collett clan look to

be forming a Dynasty thats going to be with N.Z. Racing for some timeB)

56 minutes ago, Brown Fox said:

I would love to see Alysha join Jason in Aussie to see how she would stack up.The girl is a real talent.The Collett clan look to

Or more likely Australia. Dad's already got a successful stable over there too!

On 6/25/2017 at 4:39 PM, Brown Fox said:

She has been there already.  240 rides for 15 winners and over 1 million in prize-money.  Interestingly in New Zealand she has had nearly 3000 rides for around 4.5 million in prize-money.  No brainer as to where she should be riding (just needs to stay out of the stewards room next time).

11 hours ago, Bimbo said:

She has been there already.  240 rides for 15 winners and over 1 million in prize-money.  Interestingly in New Zealand she has had nearly 3000 rides for around 4.5 million in prize-money.  No brainer as to where she should be riding (just needs to stay out of the stewards room next time).

She is hungry. 4 behind Danielle and only 16 behind the Magic Man

She needs a holiday in Hawaii

12 hours ago, rumpole said:

She is hungry. 4 behind Danielle and only 16 behind the Magic Man

She needs a holiday in Hawaii

I think you are just trying to get Turny excited.  Good jockey going well, but she's $61 to win and that means she's probably a $610 chance.  Have you organised an autographed photo of Chris for Turny when the premiership concludes?  I think he deserves one after all of his posts.

I didn't know Chris was as close to David Walsh's record number of wins as you said he was on radio.  How many more exactly?

9 hours ago, Bimbo said:

I think you are just trying to get Turny excited.  Good jockey going well, but she's $61 to win and that means she's probably a $610 chance.  Have you organised an autographed photo of Chris for Turny when the premiership concludes?  I think he deserves one after all of his posts.

I didn't know Chris was as close to David Walsh's record number of wins as you said he was on radio.  How many more exactly?

C W Johnson has 2209 wins in NZ and according to reports David Walsh has 2360 although I suspect he has more like 2365  they have both ridden several winners in

Australia..  Walsh a Cox Plate winner Johnson a 3rd in Melbourne cup and  3 Caloundra Cups all for Peter McKenzie

Turny has always been a great supporter of CWJ going back years    a true Canterbury man

He is very excited        in fact ecstatic

C W Johnson  has 7 confirmed   rides for Te Rapa

3 for Shaune Ritchie

2 for Moroney/ Gerard

1  for team Rogrson

1 for Baker/Forseman

next week it looks like Matamata / Wanganui / Ashburton and probably back to Whangarei

Got to keep the pedal on the metal

9 hours ago, rumpole said:

C W Johnson has 2209 wins in NZ and according to reports David Walsh has 2360 although I suspect he has more like 2365  they have both ridden several winners in

Australia..  Walsh a Cox Plate winner Johnson a 3rd in Melbourne cup and  3 Caloundra Cups all for Peter McKenzie

Turny has always been a great supporter of CWJ going back years    a true Canterbury man

He is very excited        in fact ecstatic

Chris will have to shout Tom a red wine when he wins