RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

Johnson v Johnson

2 hours ago, puha said:

Think it's about 28 rides since Danielle rode her last winner. Perfect opportunity for Chris to the pressure on.

its exactly 31 rides as at now but Chris is 3 behind  expected wins today have not materialised

13 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

You could certainly see Duffers Creek unwinding a fair way out.

It was expected to win the Rotorua Cup 2 weeks ago but could not get there because of the snow

It was his ride of the day today and at Rotorua

No wins for Danielle today..32 rides since she has had a winner

2 hours ago, rumpole said:

its exactly 31 rides as at now but Chris is 3 behind  expected wins today have not materialised

Yes but 2 did that were not expected.....but thats racing...89:88

On 02/06/2017 at 11:58 AM, rumpole said:

She has a fantastic book of rides tomorrow. I can see 4 or 5 winners at Ellerslie tomorrow

for her. Buggar. Matt Cameron why are you at Wanganui?

Good thing for us CWJ supporters your tipping is right up there with that of all the current and retired Jockey managers on Trackside.

i don't know why he's being forced to win the premiership on eight year old jumpers paying over twenty dollars when you could put him on some two and three dollar shots and let him do it the easy way.  Fun to watch though.

There needs to be an equation in the Jockey's Champ that takes the odds of the winners into account .

When  was the last time D.J won on a horse that had its last start as an 8 y' o hurdler.

Reminds me of my flating day's in the 70's when we had a weekly comp on the Sat races........ Idea was to pick last for top points and work backwards so you got the least points for picking a horse that won.

When Lester Piggot won a 1200mtr ( 6 Furlong ) sprint on a hurdler we all cracked  up !!

That good book on paper turned out to worthless for Danielle in that Ellerslie bog yesterday. Horses that had performed well at previous starts failed miserably in most cases...it was a lottery out there.

Fortunately Nina Aurora arrived in time to save the day.....:rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

That good book on paper turned out to worthless for Danielle in that Ellerslie bog yesterday. Horses that had performed well at previous starts failed miserably in most cases...it was a lottery out there.

Fortunately Nina Aurora arrived in time to save the day.....:rolleyes:

Bog summed it up, we had a horse racing  that  just couldn't go a yard in it. no traction at all  .  You either or  couldn't.  Said to jockey  where you can find good part and remark was " there isn't one -  it is bad everywhere  "   1.50 for 1600 , what a slogfest.    One well known trainer made the remark you just had to forget  majority of horses even went around. 

1 hour ago, hesi said:

Don't write off Alysha Collett on 80

Looks like she is going to chase hard, 3 rides at Ellerslie tomorrow, then 4 already at Riccarton on Wed

Yip i tend to agree with ya.She's been slowly getting closer to them.And she's definitely not afraid to do some travelling.

24 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Yip i tend to agree with ya.She's been slowly getting closer to them.And she's definitely not afraid to do some travelling.

Hard to catch up ten wins in about eight weeks when Chris has momentum up as well; but then again Chris quickly caught up on Danielle after being six or seven behind not long ago.

Some of the meetings coming up will have only four or five flat races and we are starting to get some pretty small fields and a reluctance to split races when we do get decent nominations.

13 hours ago, hesi said:

Don't write off Alysha Collett on 80

Looks like she is going to chase hard, 3 rides at Ellerslie tomorrow, then 4 already at Riccarton on Wed

When you consider she has been averaging just under 8 winners per month so far this season it is going to be pretty hard to quickly get ten wins to catch the Johnsons and then perhaps pick up another 20 to stay ahead of them. That means doubling her monthly average and getting a third of her season's wins during June and July, when there are less meetings and fewer flat races.

7 minutes ago, hesi said:

She has 4 already in June

Ah yes, but Chris has six so far in June. It might be the old story about the gap going faster than the horse was.

But a three way clash would certainly make it interesting. It will probably come down to whether any of them end up with a suspension at any stage.

I am certainly not picking an argument with you Hesi. I rate you as one of the 5 or 6 more intelligent posters on here.

31 minutes ago, hesi said:

Thanks, I didn't think you were:), a 4 way battle would be even more interesting.

Just an observation that Alysha Collett appears prepared, by her willingness to travel long distances, to give it a shake, whereas Danielle Johnson is not, for the moment anyway.

Also thought I would add it into the mix, as it appears that every hard doer that ever existed in NZ Racing is coming down on the side of Chris Johnson:rolleyes:

Yes, I am very aware that the pro Chris comments can sound a bit anti Danielle. I am sure either will be a worthy winner and well deserved.

It is just great that we often seem to have this premiership race to keep us interested during this often dire period of racing.

6 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Anybody else wonder what Stablemate of Queen Serene was up to. Would have thought it worthy of a question  to connections but alas nothing in Stipes report.

Why? Nothing in it. Queen Serene won easy. Are you suggesting something untoward ?

13 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Its stablemate had its ears scrubbed off it to lead at any cost and dropped out. Simply stating a fact , if you don't believe me watch the race.

I saw the race live and watched it again. What has it gotto do with johnson v johnson in the race to the premiership. Queen Serend hadled    the trach.the stale mate didnt

Its now 90 all  very good ride by Danielle today on the Ritchie horse

7 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Yes, I am very aware that the pro Chris comments can sound a bit anti Danielle. I am sure either will be a worthy winner and well deserved.

It is just great that we often seem to have this premiership race to keep us interested during this often dire period of racing.

Think any of the four would be worthy winners but in my book either Chris or Alysha  deserve it more in the sense that they having been travelling north n south the last few months without the backing of big stables and the cream of the horses . Danielle could be 20-30 ahead  with the backing she has and the same hunger the other two have shown IMO . 

She may have been well clear if she had travelled for months on end all around the country, but winning the premiership hasn't been a priority even though she has been leading.   

What will be will be. :)

It wouldn't surprise me to see her pick up a few wins next Friday and Saturday though. ;)