RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

Johnson v Johnson

26 minutes ago, Insider said:

Rumpole, is Chris riding poorly or are your choice of mounts even worse as the strike rate in the North the last week or so is well below par?

Seemed to be today Insider that 2 or 3 horses in each race handled it and the rest struggled. Just my observation  and not any particular jockey's incompetence.

9 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Seemed to be today Insider that 2 or 3 horses in each race handled it and the rest struggled. Just my observation  and not any particular jockey's incompetence.

Chevy86, actually I would never doubt Chris's ability. But I was questioning Rumpole's choice of mounts given the last weeks results!

I was trying to do it nicely, but you have drawn it out of me.

Maybe the Barrister is on a losing streak just like myself, except for last Saturday at Trentham when the winners (3 of which came easily at good prices) and of course Haussmann for the Pike Team at a good price. 

I bet LJM got a return too!

16 hours ago, Insider said:

Chevy86, actually I would never doubt Chris's ability. But I was questioning Rumpole's choice of mounts given the last weeks results!

I was trying to do it nicely, but you have drawn it out of me.

Maybe the Barrister is on a losing streak just like myself, except for last Saturday at Trentham when the winners (3 of which came easily at good prices) and of course Haussmann for the Pike Team at a good price. 

I bet LJM got a return too!

It has been tough but CWJ had 3 seconds at Wingatui, a second at Trentham with 3 thirds, Egmont was tough for both Johnsons Yesterday at Matamata he had a close second and a good third

His riding is fine but the Barrister is on a losing streak after a fantastic run. Fortunately no one has been hanged or jailed but a few have lost their licence

Choice of mounts??? That is an interesting comment.Some races there is no choice others you may have 5  offers and have to plump for one like the Wanganui Cup on Saturday

I can assure you Insider it is not an easy vocation.

Did I see  you at Trentham last Saturday?? If not why not??

4 hours ago, rumpole said:

It has been tough but CWJ had 3 seconds at Wingatui, a second at Trentham with 3 thirds, Egmont was tough for both Johnsons Yesterday at Matamata he had a close second and a good third

His riding is fine but the Barrister is on a losing streak after a fantastic run. Fortunately no one has been hanged or jailed but a few have lost their licence

Choice of mounts??? That is an interesting comment.Some races there is no choice others you may have 5  offers and have to plump for one like the Wanganui Cup on Saturday

I can assure you Insider it is not an easy vocation.

Did I see  you at Trentham last Saturday?? If not why not??

I see Cubes is helping him out at Timaru Rumpers.....don't bugger up those course stats.....;)

Mr Rumpole is charged with making sure NZ's Champion Premier Jockey wins the contest - no other charges pending for him but many for Mr Rumpoles Clients - and that doesn't P me off if you understand my meaning - CWJ may have a highweight ride at Ellerslie on Monday 

All happening Ted

17 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Come on Rumpole what's  the story. The boy is riding five days in a row and I don't see him as yet with any rides at Ellerslie for Monday. You are slipping. :D 

After riding 5 days in a row it has been decided  to give him a day off Monday and Tuesday.

Monday has lots a jumping races. He rides Sunday Otago and will miss church.

As at the present moment he is driving the Parsons truck to Timaru. He is a busy chap

No racing Tuesday but back to Riccarton Wednesday. Danielle might be there. When does she go to Sweden Ted?

Gee Rumpole the Lord rested on the seventh day, not the sixth and seventh. :D

The Lady Jockeys’ Thoroughbred World Championship is on July 4 at Europe’s newest racecourse, Bro Park, comprising four heats and a final on a programme that will be exclusively for female riders. She flies out after the Re Rapa meeting and back the following Friday.

I don't think you will find she will be at Riccarton as she is pretty laid back about the premiership and not making it a priority by chasing rides all around the country, rather just attending to business as usual in the North. Whether that changes in the last couple of weeks, depending on what happens, who knows.

I will be happy for either to win but personally be more pleased to see Danielle get there.    

51 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Unless CJ has a ripper today, it could be all over on Saturday looking at Danielle's rides.....;)

She has a fantastic book of rides tomorrow. I can see 4 or 5 winners at Ellerslie tomorrow

for her. Buggar. Matt Cameron why are you at Wanganui?

18 minutes ago, rumpole said:

She has a fantastic book of rides tomorrow. I can see 4 or 5 winners at Ellerslie tomorrow

for her. Buggar. Matt Cameron why are you at Wanganui?

A bit strange Rumpers... Electrode and Maygrove his best down there, but you would have thought he would do better at Ellerslie. Then again, Baker/ Forsman appear to be supporting a Cambridge jock so maybe not so surprising.

Based on the final field odds Danielle looks to have a much better book of rides tomorrow.  None of them Marsh trained horses so advantage Danielle's manager?

Danielle                 FF   Chris                 FF
Deals In Heels 1.75   Wafer 7.20
Break My Stride 2.40   Good Vibes 8.50
Tomelilla  2.70   Duffers Creek 9.50
Fire Jet 3.00   Bel Sorriso 11.00
Chambon 4.50   No Change 19.00
Where Are You  5.80   Kate Louise 21.00
Pump Up Vol 5.80   Peso 31.00

23 hours ago, IWMC said:

Rumpole. He is riding our horse Neesta at Timaru tomorrow and should chalk up another win. Fingers crossed. Thank you for accepting our booking.

Went a nice race, shame he got caught so wide early, stuck on well all the same.

10 minutes ago, The Crucible said:

Based on the final field odds Danielle looks to have a much better book of rides tomorrow.  None of them Marsh trained horses so advantage Danielle's manager?

Danielle                 FF   Chris                 FF
Deals In Heels 1.75   Wafer 7.20
Break My Stride 2.40   Good Vibes 8.50
Tomelilla  2.70   Duffers Creek 9.50
Fire Jet 3.00   Bel Sorriso 11.00
Chambon 4.50   No Change 19.00
Where Are You  5.80   Kate Louise 21.00
Pump Up Vol 5.80   Peso 31.00

It certainly shows he doesn't get on many favourites. I wonder what the average tote price of his winners is? I am not sure if that is available anywhere.

Also interesting to note that the premiership winner will ride a lot fewer winners than the champions of previous years, obviously a result of fewer racemeetings and all of the eight race cards.

25 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

It certainly shows he doesn't get on many favourites. I wonder what the average tote price of his winners is? I am not sure if that is available anywhere.

Also interesting to note that the premiership winner will ride a lot fewer winners than the champions of previous years, obviously a result of fewer racemeetings and all of the eight race cards.

He does get on a lot of faves in the South though.

19 hours ago, rdytdy said:

.!Gee Rumpole the Lord rested on the seventh day, not the sixth and seventh. :D

The Lady Jockeys’ Thoroughbred World Championship is on July 4 at Europe’s newest racecourse, Bro Park, comprising four heats and a final on a programme that will be exclusively for female riders. She flies out after the Re Rapa meeting and back the following Friday.

I don't think you will find she will be at Riccarton as she is pretty laid back about the premiership and not making it a priority by chasing rides all around the country, rather just attending to business as usual in the North. Whether that changes in the last couple of weeks, depending on what happens, who knows.

I will be happy for either to win but personally be more pleased to see Danielle get there.    

Danielle will have many more opportunties to achieve premierships than will Chris as the years tick by.

Go the Magic Man !