RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

Johnson v Johnson

1 minute ago, Insider said:

Trump, the one thing they all have in common is that they are all South Islanders who honed their skills on the West Coast!

Trump, thinking about it even more, maybe those saucer tracks over there gave them the balance that the Aranui Sppedway  gave to Ronnie Moore, Barry Briggs and Ivan Major before they took on the World. Amazing isn't it?

19 hours ago, Trump said:

What I admire is This man's "drive" and willingness to work so hard, travelling all over the place, in obvious dedication to achieving his goals. He is over 50yo isn't he? (Excuse my ignorance). This is very rare in terms of jockeys average age. In much the same mould as Jeff Lloyd in Brisbane. 

The over 50s do have some life left in them Trump.

12 hours ago, Insider said:

And what a record that will be. Go for it Chris. You are the most naturally gifted rider in my lifetime. 

I don't care what anyone else says, that is my view!

A good friend of mine, from Britain, who knew well both Vincent O'Brien and Lester Piggott, reckoned that Chris was second only to the great Lester for sheer natural talent.

23 minutes ago, hesi said:

100 wins, well deserved CWJ, but you have to shake your head at Trackside.  Rather than a few quick words from the man himself, I'm sure the smile would have been huge, they say they have to cut to Oamaru lead in.............. with just under 12 mins still !!!

Hesi, we do not celebrate success well here - Ozzie media would be all over it - Slackside form stands up, again

12 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

A good friend of mine, from Britain, who knew well both Vincent O'Brien and Lester Piggott, reckoned that Chris was second only to the great Lester for sheer natural talent.

Imagine all the winners he would have ridden if not for so many missing years, would have had record on his own, a shame really, you have to admit he is been a class act and won just about every top race in nz, throw in some grand nationals as well, was present to see him win one of them on ampac some years ago.

9 hours ago, Shad said:

Imagine all the winners he would have ridden if not for so many missing years, would have had record on his own, a shame really, you have to admit he is been a class act and won just about every top race in nz, throw in some grand nationals as well, was present to see him win one of them on ampac some years ago.

7 years off and his first year back was slow  his second year back and he was second to Lisa Cropp 2006/7 122 winners,2007/8 he rode 102 winners when chasing her he rode 20 winners in the month of June 2007 including a few over hurdles

In 2008/9 he only had 63 winners.  Why one might ask??..well the answer is simple,,a stipe who went by the name of Cameron George......as well as getting him some unjustified suspensions Mr George got into his head..Cameron George left and went to Harness Victoria and Reid Sanders became Chief Stipe.. I complained to Sanders that Johnson had not had any suspensions since he took over. His reply in a polite manner was that Mr George did not understand Chris Johnson's riding.....after all he was Australian..he expected Johnson to belt every runner

He has won 4 Grand Natonal hurdles,a Great Norther hurdle on Clem and  a Wellington Hurdle.

One ride on Rough Habit and a group 1.  one ride on Avedon and a group 1

One of his best rides ever         ..Loader in the Railway

Go team NZ in the Americas Cup

Although I did get Sea Swift in the Auckland Cup, my favourite ride has always been Domino's Oaks; because I was there, because it paid ok and because it looked the winner such a long way out. I always remember Canterbury Belle's 1,000 Guineas because of the arrogance of it. He knew he was on the best horse in the race and rode it that way.

4 minutes ago, Shad said:

I seen him win on loader at banks peninsula some years back, was most impressive considering he was near last turning in, some wins just stick in your head.

I believe Bruce Herd won on him that day if that is the same race I think you are referring to.  

I like the way he used to put his head down and look between his legs to see where the others were in the final stages of a race, but I haven't seen him do it for a long time.

11 hours ago, Bimbo said:

I like the way he used to put his head down and look between his legs to see where the others were in the final stages of a race, but I haven't seen him do it for a long time.

Jeez Bimbo, once u get past 50yo it gets more and more difficult to bend over that far ! :) 

6 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

Herd rode Loader three times, none of those races were at Banks Peninsula. 

Cheers

I was thinking that when Bruce Herd won on him on 22/10/95 at NCRC that was the Banks Peninsula meeting code. I knew that Chris had never won on Loader in the South Island only riding him to wins in the North Island.