RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

Johnson v Johnson

Don't be a dickhead and talk hate We're Doomed. My question re CJ re his number of Group/Listed wins was a genuine question. I've no idea what his record is. He sounds like a Robert Thompson (NSW) type of jockey - very good at what he does, prolific rider of winners etc. Rides the odd Listed/Group winner. Given the hype around CJ by some on here (bordering on reverence), I'm interested to know of his Black Type successes this year and maybe the last 3 years, seeing he is so good. :) 

37 minutes ago, Trump said:

Don't be a dickhead and talk hate We're Doomed. My question re CJ re his number of Group/Listed wins was a genuine question. I've no idea what his record is. He sounds like a Robert Thompson (NSW) type of jockey - very good at what he does, prolific rider of winners etc. Rides the odd Listed/Group winner. Given the hype around CJ by some on here (bordering on reverence), I'm interested to know of his Black Type successes this year and maybe the last 3 years, seeing he is so good. :) 

chris, over the years in my view has been one of the all time greats..   he has been picked on  by those in power and had heaps of suspensions   some deserved some just so those people can show everyone who's the boss.. he would  and still can put a lot of riders here and Australia to shame.. such is his class. but i'm only one opinion..

I never the less will be very proud of chris Johnson when he is at the top of the leader board come the last race in july :)

Danielle Johnson is very good as well  but there will be no deserving rider like chris Johnson  to gain the championship.

It will interesting, both would a be deserving winner.  Could we even have a dead heat?

Danielle will be off in July to ride in Sweden so will miss a meeting.

My preference would be for a Danielle Johnson win. In the last three seasons she has finished 5th, 2nd and 3rd and has not won the premiership previously. She hasn't chased the title by travelling all over the country and making it a priority, instead remaining in the North and riding against the countries best, taking it as it comes.

It will be an interesting couple of months, the momentum is presently with Chris.

Good luck to both.

26 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Lol, nice one Ted :)  - I opened myself up to that one by posting my tip before the race.

ps. if you're going to take the piss can you at least try to string together a proper sentence.

Ted would whip your ass any day regarding knowledge and tipping . 

22 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Danielle will increase her lead by at least one tomorrow 

That's what I was actually referring to rather than specifically he horse you mentioned. Unfortunately she didn't manage a win today.

We have CT affectionately known as the horse stopper, could John become the jockey stopper? :)  

1 hour ago, N1MUE said:

Fair enough - I have a slightly different view on that but you're entitled to your opinion

Take Ted on in a one V one tipping comp over 4 Saturdays? 

11 minutes ago, puha said:

Take Ted on in a one V one tipping comp over 4 Saturdays? 

Kind of done that already.  We both recently competed in PJ's Summer Comp on the Tips forum.  12 weeks, 10 races per week.

I finished with a 9 wins, 3 losses record and an aggregate of $2,609.  Ted finished with a 5 wins, 7 losses record and an aggregate of $2,368.   From memory we went head-to-head in one round and I finished ahead of him.

But I acknowledge that's only a small sample (120 races) and in races which we may or may not choose to bet on.

What surprised me is that you would make a statement that he would whip my ass any day regarding knowledge and tipping, when you know absolutely nothing about my racing knowledge and the amount of time I spend watching trials and race replays, and my success rate when it comes to picking winners.  An uninformed statement which wasn't really necessary.

Fair enough . Bit of banter apologise for not realising you would take it so serious. I've been privy to Teds free Raceday analysis for the last couple of years and he does his homework especially his ability to pick the eyes out of trials and tip first up winners. 

The noms for Counties closed last Friday with fields out Sunday

It was not until after Sunday at Rotorua that the Johnson camp decided to

ride everywhere and anywhere with a view to winning the premiership  he was 14 behind until recently..now he is only 5 behind

He will be at Matamata next Wednesday and already has a ride for Sam Logan

All you northern trainers book Johnson for Matamata..there is still time

He has some good rides at Trentham

On 23/05/2017 at 1:10 PM, Trump said:

Trump old chap he has won 116 group or listed races  2013 /2014 he won 10     this season 2 only

I cant find how many group ones  but there have been quite a few

On 5/23/2017 at 1:10 PM, Trump said:

Sorry Trump, to compare him with Robert Thompson shows me how shallow is your knowledge about NZ racing. Sadly I will take less note of your postings in the future or give them less credence than I have previously. 

That's ok Insider. Robert Thompson had ridden more winners than CJ I'd say at a guess, and in a more competitive environment. I'm more in tune with the deeds of Grant Cooksley ( I think he won a Golden Slipper?) and the likes of Brent Thompson, Shane Dye, The Pumper etc. I thought CJ was a South Island Jockey :) It doesn't make me ignorant of NZ Racing and I certainly don't care if you read my posts. Going by some of the posts associated with yourself, it looks like u are a Trentham WRC person? You know, the Club that sold off its land to stay alive (bit like flogging a dead horse, whilst more progressive Clubs (like Ellerslie) created alternative revenue streams thru their Master Plan. A bit like chalk and cheese and we know where the cheese is don't we? How many years has Trentham got left?  By the way, thank you Rumpers for the info re CJ's Group/Listed successes. Quite impressive!