RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
50 win no. 1

Where are the stipes

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I dare the 'The Box Seat' boys to go near this.

I severely doubt they would have the balls to comment on Natalie Rasmussen's drives on PP and The Devil.

I just considered recording the programme just in case someone came off the pickets but I don't think its worth the effort :(

I watched this race with PP live and have watched the last 400 meters a number of times. 

At the 200 meter point or thereabouts there was a large enough gap for PP to easily go between Classie Brigade and Waikiki Beach. WBeach then ran inwards at least a cart width towards C Brigade and closed the gap on PP. If W Beach had continued to run in he would have collided with C Brigade and checked PP to the point there would have been an inquiry. Rassmussen straightened her horse as she was obliged to do so.  PP then got the run it was entitled to get. If W Beach had not run inwards PP would have won the race I have no doubt.  The full head on will show this movement. .

No problem with the drive, End of story.  Just that it was two Purdon horses involved and out jump the anti Purdon brigade and conspiracy theorists. 

25 minutes ago, harewood said:

I watched this race with PP live and have watched the last 400 meters a number of times. 

At the 200 meter point or thereabouts there was a large enough gap for PP to easily go between Classie Brigade and Waikiki Beach. WBeach then ran inwards at least a cart width towards C Brigade and closed the gap on PP. If W Beach had continued to run in he would have collided with C Brigade and checked PP to the point there would have been an inquiry. Rassmussen straightened her horse as she was obliged to do so.  PP then got the run it was entitled to get. If W Beach had not run inwards PP would have won the race I have no doubt.  The full head on will show this movement. .

No problem with the drive, End of story.  Just that it was two Purdon horses involved and out jump the anti Purdon brigade and conspiracy theorists. 

Harewood why would there be an enquirey as you are allowed to carve up other horses without the siren going.

Any checked horses may not have finished in the money therefore no need to have any enquirey!

Lets just have horses wiping out others at any stage of the race and then going on and winning!

Doesnt seem to matter to officialdom, would rather worry about horses being tapped 11 times so we can collect revenue from drivers who are battling to make a living!

Some rules are an ass at the moment and need serious reconsideration before the punters get the stitch.

On course crowds are telling us all that the industry is struggling but as long as we can rush thru new rules that make no sense then all is ok!

"The Brodster" likes to see fairness!

40 minutes ago, harewood said:

Obviously you and I were watching different races. In the one I watched there was never enough room for Piccadilly Princess to take the gap she was eventually gifted, until the stablemate took a "hard right".

All Stars went into the race knowing full well that Piccadilly Princess had to win or at the very least run second to get into the Jewels field. This probably also explains why Waikiki Beach got into Classie Brigade so far from home.

But no doubt, if The Box Seat, aka "The All Stars PR Dept", is anything to go by, the enquiry is all but dead and buried already.

2 hours ago, lonestar said:

If it was that clear to you harewood how come the stipes with the aid of the headon are still considering it!

Thats right they are considering it. And nothing will come of it because she did nothing wrong except straighten her horse when it veered in checking PP.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Harewood why would there be an enquirey as you are allowed to carve up other horses without the siren going.

Any checked horses may not have finished in the money therefore no need to have any enquirey!

Lets just have horses wiping out others at any stage of the race and then going on and winning!

Doesnt seem to matter to officialdom, would rather worry about horses being tapped 11 times so we can collect revenue from drivers who are battling to make a living!

Some rules are an ass at the moment and need serious reconsideration before the punters get the stitch.

On course crowds are telling us all that the industry is struggling but as long as we can rush thru new rules that make no sense then all is ok!

"The Brodster" likes to see fairness!

Apart from your first two lines Brodie you seem to have gone off on a tangent 

PP would have finished fourth at least if it had been checked therefore there would have been an inquiry and likewise if Classie B had been swipped by W Beach it would have finished 3rd or 4th so there would have been and inquiry there also! So I dont know what you are going on about unless you are talking about OTHER  races where a checked horse does not finish in a stake earning place.

"Harewood" likes to see fairness! (As well)

1 hour ago, JackSprat said:

Obviously you and I were watching different races. In the one I watched there was never enough room for Piccadilly Princess to take the gap she was eventually gifted, until the stablemate took a "hard right".

Watch the race closely Jack. There was a gap big enough to drive a bus through including PP. Just as she was about to enter the gap which she was entitled to take The Beach ran inwards to the left at least a cart width closing the gap. Watch the cart and the lines on the track. It is very clear and that is from side on. Iy was Rassmussen's duty to straighten her horse which she did. No problem, no offence end of story.

8 hours ago, harewood said:

Spot on.

9 hours ago, harewood said:

Watch the race closely Jack. There was a gap big enough to drive a bus through including PP. Just as she was about to enter the gap which she was entitled to take The Beach ran inwards to the left at least a cart width closing the gap. Watch the cart and the lines on the track. It is very clear and that is from side on. Iy was Rassmussen's duty to straighten her horse which she did. No problem, no offence end of story.

I'm afraid we have a different view of things, and I think you're being deceived by the angle. There was never more than a half a cart gap between Classie Brigade and Waikiki Beach. Yes, Waikiki Beach moved in that half a cart to close the gap, but she then moved out a cart and a half when Purdon was obviously screaming for room.

I'm sure if the head on shot had supported your interpretation of the video, the stipes would have had no interest in the incident. The fact they've even opened an enquiry would suggest Waikiki Beach's movements are much more incriminating when viewed head on.

Also of note from the race was Purdons complete lack of interest in moving out 3 wide to make a run at any stage in the last lap. Considering how much horsepower he had up his sleeve, and the urgency of qualifying for the Jewels, you wouldn't think he'd have been taking inside runs and driving for luck. Could it have anything to do with the fact that the only horses off the fence were all stablemates, and therefore getting a run through was never going to require luck?

I'm almost certain nothing will come of the enquiry as the industry won't want to be seen questioning the integrity of it's brightest stars.

10 hours ago, harewood said:

Thats right they are considering it. And nothing will come of it because she did nothing wrong except straighten her horse when it veered in checking PP.

like jackspratt said if there wasn't any untoward movement from Waikiki Beach the stipes would have no interest in the incident. The fact they have viewed the replay and said theres more here that needs explanation is a little telling. Like you and others have said though nothing will come of it because of the players involved....if it was Jimmy Smith from outback Gore then full wrath of the law applied...no consistency in this game at all