RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
50 win no. 1

Where are the stipes

13 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

N Rasmussen was questioned regarding the manner she drove her colt throughout this race when after restraining in the early stages to race at the rear of the field allowed the colt to improve on the bend near the 1600 metres to race outside the leading ALTA MAESTRO throughout. Ms Rasmussen explained that she had been forced to drive her horse from the back last week as dictated by the barrier draw and because of this felt her horse had avoided having a tough run unlike her main opposition. She added she considered both ALTA MAESTRO and SPANKEM to be vulnerable tonight after last week's race and so elected to drive in a more aggressive manner which is how she would have preferred to drive the colt last week but was unable to do so. After reviewing the films and considering her explanation her comments were noted.

You could pretty much tell the stipes anything as long as you didn't include the word guilty.

Seems plausible enough. I thought the team driving being referred to is the one spikecity mentions which the stipes are still looking at.

The worst part of the race was the running in of The Devils Own onto Alto Maestro and badly checking Aloka!

Nothing is done at all from the Stipes after major interference???????

Years ago,the siren would have gone and an enquirey, but absolutely nothing nowadays!!!!!

RIDICULOUS as Aloka not given its chance in the straight and the offender gets a major cheque!

How the hell this is fair has got me buggered!

This rule is blatantly CRAP!!!

38 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The worst part of the race was the running in of The Devils Own onto Alto Maestro and badly checking Aloka!

Nothing is done at all from the Stipes after major interference???????

Years ago,the siren would have gone and an enquirey, but absolutely nothing nowadays!!!!!

RIDICULOUS as Aloka not given its chance in the straight and the offender gets a major cheque!

How the hell this is fair has got me buggered!

This rule is blatantly CRAP!!!

Agreed.

I should go back and look at what was said when this was discussed ages ago on here.

I think it should be spread around the country. Be great to see it down in the deep south. They are worthy of a place in the rotation. If Cambridge can have it so should they. 

PBD could add some real spice but that would annoy a lot of people.

It must be on Saturday for some reason but Sunday would get more attention, maybe? Odd a regular day of racing follows the Jewels....shouldn't it be the other way round to generate atmosphere?

Miles racing is limiting if you want real fast times why the winter? Distance doesn't need to stay the same - Alex Park 2200, Addington 1950, Invercargill 2200, Ashburton 2400.

The people in charge will know the real issues so you have to trust them I suppose, I just hope they are not sitting on their hands. The involvement of the Aussies and how it is handled is a touch worrying though.

10 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

PBD could add some real spice but that would annoy a lot of people.

The involvement of the Aussies and how it is handled is a touch worrying though.

PBD based on qualifying stakes with lowest getting preference :D

Aussies welcome but back under the old system. All Black Stride, Divisive and Blitzthemcalder actually added something to our lead up racing.

Fairest track in Australasia, Addington over 1950m preferential barrier as most horses that qualify are from Canterbury anyway.

Mile racing is not flash at anytime so they need to alter it!

1 hour ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Winton not too shabby for a mile.

Fair enough but with the cost of transporting  down there and time to get down there, the best place would be Addington as not much travelling for the. Ahority of qualified horses.

When they race st Cambridge with the majority of horses having to travel so far it is a big ordeal for some and takes time to settle in!

10 hours ago, JackSprat said:

I think your GPS navigation has let you down and taken you to Gore or Invercargill. Winton is the same size track, and every bit as quick as Wyndham.

I have been to both Winton and the track I was referring to The Young Quinn Raceway at Wyndham. It was along time ago and I always thought Wyndham was bigger and faster however this may not be the case. I think that the Winton track is used more often nowadays  with the better classes of horses and therefore producing faster times. Wyndham  still has the running of the Kindergarten Stakes for 2 yr olds and I think used to hold the NZ mile record

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Finally got round to watching the replays of Piccadilly Princess and The Devil's Own.

Lost quite a bit of respect for Natalie Rasmussen after those 2 drives.

That is all I will say.

I think you have to respect her driving ability as her UDR is unbelievable in this day and age!

Reality is that when the money is up and one stable dominates most of the group races, there is going to be thing s that are questioned as you can afford to assist other stable horses easily enough, even though you aren't meant to.

The biggest injustice was The Devils Own retaining its placing without any enquirey due to the dumb rule that was brought in!!!!!

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

I think you have to respect her driving ability as her UDR is unbelievable in this day and age!

I am not talking about her driving ability.

The Devil's own holding its place? That is beyond belief. Let's face it....in harness racing, there are few rules.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I am not talking about her driving ability.

The Devil's own holding its place? That is beyond belief. Let's face it....in harness racing, there are few rules.

Happy, I understand the point you were making.

There are rules in harness racing that have been brought in over recent years which are plain stupid and no one with any common sense can defend them in there entirety!

I can fully understand why there are those expressing the view that The devils own deserved to be relegated. I'm not sure whether the all star factor has added to that frustration. I think there was no intent by the driver concerned. The question I believe is whether the rule as it currently stands needs changing. Sometimes it seems best to have rules that in totality cause the least number of perceived injustices. Maybe they need to tweak it. The problem of course is when there is discretion involved then you can get inconsistency in some decisions. Personally I have no faith in jca's  to be consistent, and for that reason accept the current rule as it is.

The rule states connections can't protest but there's a sub clause that the stipes could've protested under that fact the devils own caused enough  interference to multiple runners . But they seemed to not worry about that

Rules are now such that any horse or driver can interfere with others in the race without any consequences, which is just plain stupid.

The siren only seems to go now if a horse has galloped at some stage and been placed!

The Stipes just seem to be concentrating on the no. of whip hits that the drivers are using so they can collect revenue and seem to be doing something for their money.

They don't seem to be at all worried about the fairness of the racing.

55 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Rules are now such that any horse or driver can interfere with others in the race without any consequences, which is just plain stupid.

The siren only seems to go now if a horse has galloped at some stage and been placed!

The Stipes just seem to be concentrating on the no. of whip hits that the drivers are using so they can collect revenue and seem to be doing something for their money.

They don't seem to be at all worried about the fairness of the racing.

I dare the 'The Box Seat' boys to go near this.

I severely doubt they would have the balls to comment on Natalie Rasmussen's drives on PP and The Devil.