RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Ruakaka

-_- 

Easily the most boring and terribly biased track in the country. Watching 3/4 of the field having zero chance of winning in every race due to being further back than the first 2 pairs is not in the sports best interests. Serving this up to us almost every 2 weeks until September's end, there's no surprise punters hibernate.  

in fairness, atleast through the winter, if you are going to line a horse up there, you can be certain they don't abandon meetings.  Additionally, im not sure Ruakaka is deserving of your criticism, it typically has a leaders bias, well atleast until they have had plenty of racing and the track starts to chip out.  But atleast you will never get an abandonment, and if your horse is good enough, it will go well. 

And I can think of other tracks that favour a bias far more easily than what ruakaka does, e.g. Avondale usually has a strong leaders bias, Te Aroha has a very strong leaders bias.

Disagree with you entirely

Don't disagree with Avondale or Te Aroha having a leaders bias, however those tracks are not inflicted on us all winter like Ruakaka is.

The camera angle for the straight is also a disaster and does nothing to create any interest, its just such a sad state of affairs when a dreadful track like it is, gains premier status during the winter. 

In my opinion if they have to have races at Ruakaka on a regular basis,why don't they build more facilities so that more trainers can base themselves their during the winter months with the guarentee of races every 10 days or so.Throw in a race day or 2 at Dargaville just to make it not so boring.

Accommodation for horses and humans and your'e away.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

-_- 

Easily the most boring and terribly biased track in the country. Watching 3/4 of the field having zero chance of winning in every race due to being further back than the first 2 pairs is not in the sports best interests. Serving this up to us almost every 2 weeks until September's end, there's no surprise punters hibernate.  

Yes I agree... The radius is too short making the circumference too tight at the top end of the course  heading into the home straight. They are equal both ends. That can be remedied by pushing out the end of the back straight so is not parallel to the home straight.  

51 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

In my opinion if they have to have races at Ruakaka on a regular basis,why don't they build more facilities so that more trainers can base themselves their during the winter months with the guarentee of races every 10 days or so.Throw in a race day or 2 at Dargaville just to make it not so boring.

Accommodation for horses and humans and your'e away.

We've been over this a dozen times Crusty. Dargaville is now down to one meeting. More to be made there fattening lambs and Ruakaka had millions spent on it to encourage more trainers but the fact remains it's still 2 and a half hours away from any other track.

As for the front-runners bias, how,then should the also-rans be ridden? Maybe the beaten jockeys need a bomb under them or haven't they realised the bias yet?

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

As for the front-runners bias, how,then should the also-rans be ridden? Maybe the beaten jockeys need a bomb under them or haven't they realised the bias yet?

The jockeys are well aware of the bias Blue, thats why its charge of the light brigade.

Have a look at the last race, 3 leaders going for it the whole way & have every right to stop and die with 200 to go, not here, they are still the first 3 home. The track is an embarrassment to NZ racing, the bias is so bad and the camera angles pitiful, its almost impossible to make out where runners are. The Camera down the straight is the worst angle in the country.

All of this can be tolerated to some degree, if we were not subjected to this same average stuff for at least 10 more times over winter.

48 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

Far to many meetings there for my liking. Hence why we need a super venue in the Waikato where it can be raced on every week and it's actually where the horse population is. Not just to suit Team Logan as it really is just their benefit 

Surely you have Te Rapa, which gets raced on regularly, the track is never deep and you get big fields.

5 hours ago, barryb said:

-_- 

What is wrong with bias?

Big punters prefer bias to confidently bet....hence great prices today at Ruakaka.

56 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

Far to many meetings there for my liking. Hence why we need a super venue in the Waikato where it can be raced on every week and it's actually where the horse population is. Not just to suit Team Logan as it really is just their benefit 

To be fair, the Logan's only won 2 races today, Roger James won 2, Stephen McKee had a win and a 2nd, Rogerson's had a win and a 2nd, bit harsh saying its a Logan benefit day. If people take horses up that are good enough to win they will beat Logan's, end of story. Peter McKay has a lot of success up there he is another example. 

Personally I find it more boring when our races on Friday and Saturday are called off and we have hardly anything to watch all weekend. Atleast they can get through a race meeting at Ruakaka!!!!

Not sure why you hate betting there also, form stacks up pretty well and its pretty easy to find some value if you ask me.

And the only reason Ruakaka is "inflicted on us all winter" is because tracks like Te Aroha and Avondale cant stand up to the racing, at least we know they get through meetings, they had 40 mills of rain last night and this morning, with the rain stopping at 7 this morning and still managed to get through a good days racing.

7 hours ago, barryb said:

-_- 

Agree it's just terrible sooner they sort out a decent track south of AKL the better. Biased racing that suits a small percentage of participants. 

19 hours ago, Berlog said:

To be fair, the Logan's only won 2 races today, Roger James won 2, Stephen McKee had a win and a 2nd, Rogerson's had a win and a 2nd, bit harsh saying its a Logan benefit day. If people take horses up that are good enough to win they will beat Logan's, end of story. Peter McKay has a lot of success up there he is another example. 

Personally I find it more boring when our races on Friday and Saturday are called off and we have hardly anything to watch all weekend. Atleast they can get through a race meeting at Ruakaka!!!!

Not sure why you hate betting there also, form stacks up pretty well and its pretty easy to find some value if you ask me.

And the only reason Ruakaka is "inflicted on us all winter" is because tracks like Te Aroha and Avondale cant stand up to the racing, at least we know they get through meetings, they had 40 mills of rain last night and this morning, with the rain stopping at 7 this morning and still managed to get through a good days racing.

How do we know Avondale doesn't stand up to the racing, their  race meetings are to far apart to judge accurately. It has probably the best racing surface of all the other northern clubs.    My mate who has been involved in racing 40 years remarked that the track on Anzac Day was playing as good as he'd ever  seen at this time of the year .  More racing there would beat the $ 700 return float  trip from Waikato.  And why shouldn't winter horses get true winter footing anyway ?   It isn't that  the horses aren't good enough to beat the Logan Stable but when they have 4 and 5 horses in a 10 horse field the deck is stacked against you.  If it wasn't how many winners did they get there last season compared with racing away from home , surely % 90 would have been at home. 

21 hours ago, Berlog said:

40 mls is a lot differnt to 240ml of rain. Didnt they have a meeting called off not because of rain but because of wind and sand blowing over a certain part of the track

On 5/17/2017 at 7:23 PM, We're Doomed said:

The bizzare thing is, and I may be wrong, but I think Ruakaka is NZ's newest racetrack.

Could be too WD. I have the dubious distinction of owning the first horse to be put down there. March '79. So it probably opened in 78 with the harness in '82 (I think).

Pretty sure it was when I started taking an interest in horses in the 6th form in 1976. Remember it  well putting my books away and sneakily studying Best Bets for Ruakaka . Felt someone behind right  me and was the damn Headmaster.  Thought " Oh Shit " but he turned out to be punting  mad and all he wanted was  a tip.  Oh, just checked web - site was it was  1976 but doesn't say what month.

4 hours ago, Mr Spyro said:

How do we know Avondale doesn't stand up to the racing, their  race meetings are to far apart to judge accurately. It has probably the best racing surface of all the other northern clubs.    My mate who has been involved in racing 40 years remarked that the track on Anzac Day was playing as good as he'd ever  seen at this time of the year .  More racing there would beat the $ 700 return float  trip from Waikato.  And why shouldn't winter horses get true winter footing anyway ?   It isn't that  the horses aren't good enough to beat the Logan Stable but when they have 4 and 5 horses in a 10 horse field the deck is stacked against you.  If it wasn't how many winners did they get there last season compared with racing away from home , surely % 90 would have been at home. 

Because some times horses that are racing during winter don't want a bog, and they aren't good enough to race during summer, hence why Ruakaka suits! 40mls of rain the night before a meeting at Avondale and they'll be swimming in it, 40mls the night before Ruakaka and it comes up a dead 6. Its not like there is a shortage of wet tracks for these winter horses to get their foot into like you say, but not all horses racing through winter want a bog. 

Your forgetting that when we race at Matamata the majority of the field is Matamata trained and they are hard to beat, its the same concept at ruakaka, its just more concentrated on one stable as opposed to Matamata's many. If trainers thought it was that hard to win races at Ruakaka why did they still get capacity fields? Obviously some people want to race their.

90% thats a it of a stretch, I'll agree they win a lot of races there but so does Pitman at Riccarton etc. And when you say 'they have 4 and 5 horses in a 10 horse field' its usually more like 2 or 3.