RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Purcell on another Trip

This guy is just taking the piss.

I just heard on Peter Early show that he is unavailable to talk today as he is in Washington.I would ask why and who is paying for this junket and will we see a report on what was achieved for the betterment of Racing.I will predict that there will be no report just like all his other Junkets he undertook,other than his new catch phrase he introduced to justify one of his many trips aboard

This guy has been pushed or resigned,so with 8 weeks left on his contract what is the purpose?

To me it just shows his contempt of our industry and the sooner he departs our shores the better our Industry will be.

SNR 

Guest 2Admin2

I understand he is being interviewed by Donald Trump for the FBI Director's role.

Looking at the agenda the issues being discussed are similar to here and I am sure there will be excellent strategies discussed that could well be implemented here.

Has he gone alone or with a team.

Sure to be a group from aus.

Should be more than a bit of best practice.....

You'd seriously think a trip like this, where you're potentially building relationships that'll have some positive impact /interest on/to NZ racing in the future would be conducted by someone who is at the least continuing their employment with the organisation for the foreseeable future.  

Any lingering doubts I've had over GP contribution to NZ racing have been completely dispelled.

9 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

hope she paid her own way! No way am I slaving my rrrrr's off at the coalface picking up shit, getting kicked, wet and dirty for her to take a shopping trip because of my dedication.

....and that's just in the bedroom:o

Zero respect for an exiting individual who rides the gravy train of a struggling enterprise - as if trying to drain it of its last remnants of cash or credibility ...

Even less respect for the governance of that enterprise who allow the individual to take advantage (aka "take the p###) in this way.

But it seems their stakeholders never really manage to call them to account ....

Just another slap in the face for struggling owners / breeders.    

Some people should be ashamed.  Would be ashamed ... if they had a conscience or a shred of decency ...

And on it goes....I looked at the programme and didn't see him presenting .... hope he enjoyed the cocktail reception at the Grand Hyatt Washington. Meanwhile, thoroughbred turnover is down 6% for the ytd.

NZTR Represented At IFAR Conference

NZTR was represented at the first conference staged by the International Forum for the Aftercare of Racehorses (IFAR), in Washington D.C. this month.

The two day conference was attended by NZTR GM Commercial & Strategy Martin Burns.

International advocates for equine aftercare emphasized owner responsibility, in addition to sharing insights on retirement programmes for horses whose racing or breeding careers have ended.

The IFAR event coincided with the Pan American Conference, an international conference on thoroughbred racing.

Martin Burns noted that “the IFAR conference was attended by delegates of racing authorities, thoroughbred retrainers and equestrian sports participants, all with a common interest in maximising the potential for thoroughbreds to lead second careers as equestrian horses.

“The insights gained and relationships formed are valuable to NZTR as we develop our initiatives in this important area.  We look forward to detailing this in coming months as we further develop  our Thoroughbred Welfare Policy and Strategy initiatives.”

IFAR conference topics covered all aspects of thoroughbred aftercare, including post-racing options, connecting aftercare and horseplayers, harmonization of the rules of racing for owners and standards for aftercare providers. Among the speakers was Wayne Pacelle, President and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States.

“We all have a shared responsibility for the welfare of racehorses, which extends beyond the track," said Di Arbuthnot, chairman of IFAR and chief executive of Retraining of Racehorses. "Across the entire animal welfare debate, the spotlight is on an animal’s quality of life and the emerging concept of a life worth living.

“The welfare of racehorses throughout their lifetime is one of the single greatest issues facing the racing industry,".Arbuthnot added.

"A key function of IFAR is to provide help and support by sharing expertise and good practice on a global basis, whilst recognizing cultural differences.”

For more information on IFAR visit http://internationalracehorseaftercare.com

A video of the IFAR conference and PowerPoint presentation will be available on the website soon.