RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

GET RID OF THE STUPID 10 HIT RULE NOW!!!!

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Basil, do you think that drivers should have to concentrate on manouvreing the horse in the straight as well as having to count exactly the number of times the horse has been touched with the whip.

The other thing is that there is bugger all difference with the horse being touched with the whip if it is in the same hand that the reigns are in.

Basil, ask all the drivers that have been fined for trying their best for the important people in harness racing, that is owners and punters their opinion of the rule.

Basil, please advise us all why you brought the rule in, and for whose benefit?????

Nothing to do with me Brodie old son, but it's revealing you have to ask whose benefit the rule is for.

Having no whips at all doesn't seem to have caused any problems in Norway.  And they've had the rule since 1982.

It's not really a complicated situation when you take a "non-simpleton" look at the issues.

• 10 cracks with the whip. That's it. One more and you'll be fined. Learn to count.
  • Horses won't be disqualified for excessive whip use. It's impossible to prove that whipping made them go faster.
  • It's not a 'whipping for improvement issue'. It's an 'animal welfare issue'.
  • Whips need to be banned sooner rather than later. Or else the whole industry will be legislated out of existence.
  • Whips are history. This is the real world in 2017. Get over it.

7 minutes ago, Basil said:

Earth to Brodie --- that's precisely what being proactive means!  Most people didn't agree with slavery or capital punishment being outlawed either, but governments went ahead anyway because to do so was proactive

Proactive for who?

Not for the good of people involved in the industry!

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

Nothing to do with me Brodie old son, but it's revealing you have to ask whose benefit the rule is for.

Having no whips at all doesn't seem to have caused any problems in Norway.  And they've had the rule since 1982.

Silly thing to say Basil.

How on earth can you say that having no whips in Norway hasn't caused problems?

They may have not had whips from 1982 doesn't mean that racing has been better for it!

7 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

It's not really a complicated situation when you take a "non-simpleton" look at the issues.

• 10 cracks with the whip. That's it. One more and you'll be fined. Learn to count.
  • Horses won't be disqualified for excessive whip use. It's impossible to prove that whipping made them go faster.
  • It's not a 'whipping for improvement issue'. It's an 'animal welfare issue'.
  • Whips need to be banned sooner rather than later. Or else the whole industry will be legislated out of existence.
  • Whips are history. This is the real world in 2017. Get over it.

Jack, you should be in your element soon in Oz.

It is not an animal welfare issue at all, as Animal Welfare weren't even concerned about it!

Banning whips will seriously harm the racing industry!

21 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Jack, you should be in your element soon in Oz.

It is not an animal welfare issue at all, as Animal Welfare weren't even concerned about it!

Banning whips will seriously harm the racing industry!

Banning them may do some harm - but it won't be to the industry - only the dinosaurs that can't see past them!

It's called evolution. The entire industry must evolve or die.

The best horseman will evolve the quickest. Look no further than the top of the drivers board to see whip use evolving now. Dexter Dunn and Blair Orange are probably the two least 'whip happy' drivers in the country, and they are miles ahead of the bunch.

It's the future. Get up to speed, or get out!

1 hour ago, Basil said:

Earth to Brodie --- that's precisely what being proactive means!  Most people didn't agree with slavery or capital punishment being outlawed either, but governments went ahead anyway because to do so was proactive

You are wasting your breath... Brodie only sees through a punter's eyes. He has no interest in animal welfare and does not care if a horse is lashed throughout the race as long as he collects. 

The concept of the 10 whip rule is proactive and necessary for the industry in this day and age. Whether one likes it or not. Punters, this time round are at the bottom of the rung when it comes to the consequences of it. 

The implementation and consequences of this rule are unfortunate but at the end of the day drivers need to learn to count and drive better.

Couldn't agree more with JackSprat on this....

57 minutes ago, JackSprat said:

Dexter Dunn and Blair Orange are probably the two least 'whip happy' drivers in the country, and they are miles ahead of the bunch.

5 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

You are wasting your breath... Brodie only sees through a punter's eyes. He has no interest in animal welfare and does not care if a horse is lashed throughout the race as long as he collects. 

Janitor, yes I do,see it through the eyes of the punter!

Without the punter the industry will die as the bigger punters will not be interested in having a go.

Why would they invest if they know that if a horse is allowed to do what it wants on raceday without having a persuader.

Do you really beleive that the ones that brought in the 10 whip rule give a rats about the welfare of the horses?

No I don't condone horses getting lashed to buggery but drivers being fined due to what the Stipes or JCA consider one extra hit to the allowed 10 is ridiculous.

Yes I do like the drivers of the horses I invest on to use the whip otherwise I wouldn't waste my time and effort in the future!

11 hours ago, final luca said:

are you saying your with HRNZ as in agree or with HRNZ as  in one of them? either way your attitude sucks whether you like it or not. :)

I have nothing to do with HRNZ but applaud them for acting proactively re whip use.Today's animal rights groups are a tough beast to compete against especially with mainstream media ready to give them dramatic albeit biased at times coverage.  Move on Final and Brodie, the rest of the world has.I'm not seeing the top drivers results being diminished by the whip rules but then again i don't consider TC,BB or RC to be anything other than journeymen.

One thing with the rule that is also odd is it only counts the hits /strikes after the 400m mark, if a driver started hitting the horse at say the 700m and got a count up to say 18-19 but only 9 of those where after the last 400 they can be charged under this rule. 

10 hours ago, JackSprat said:

The best horseman will evolve the quickest. Look no further than the top of the drivers board to see whip use evolving now. Dexter Dunn and Blair Orange are probably the two least 'whip happy' drivers in the country, and they are miles ahead of the bunch.

I recall Dexter Dunn being fined for hitting more than 10 times

well all I can say if some of you are owners and a driver hits more than 10 times , gets fined and as has been stated the rule says no disqualification or relegation  but another rule states that you can get DQ'd ETC.. THEN YOU BLONKERS WILL BE OKAY WITH IT.. I MEAN IF SAY THIS WAS A NZ CUP, OR AUCKLAND CUP Etc.. well your better men and woman than most.. honest well I doubt it be there you are. I follow rules I guess that makes me a sheep as well.   In the words of one lance o'sullivan.. I do what ever I takes to win.  mmmmmmmmm.  this is finals word on this because others can voice    their opinion, as so can I as long as it is in accordance to what others have.

not to worry I have the same problem with my wife telling me the same bull shit.. I guess. once a bitch always a bitch.

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

I have nothing to do with HRNZ but applaud them for acting proactively re whip use.Today's animal rights groups are a tough beast to compete against especially with mainstream media ready to give them dramatic albeit biased at times coverage.  Move on Final and Brodie, the rest of the world has.I'm not seeing the top drivers results being diminished by the whip rules but then again i don't consider TC,BB or RC to be anything other than journeymen.

Newmarket, what are you on?

The Animal Rights groups have not been worried about the whip on horses and had not been putting pressure on harness and at all and yet they bring in the stupid rule for no reason?

A bit condescending regarding your comment in regards to the 3 drivers being journeymen when 2 of them have not been out of Juniors for long.

Entitled to you opinion but there are far more worse things that happen to animals and humans that you should be worried about.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Newmarket, what are you on?

The Animal Rights groups have not been worried about the whip on horses and had not been putting pressure on harness and at all and yet they bring in the stupid rule for no reason?

A bit condescending regarding your comment in regards to the 3 drivers being journeymen when 2 of them have not been out of Juniors for long.

Entitled to you opinion but there are far more worse things that happen to animals and humans that you should be worried about.

Listen you clown your the one with the issue here. To help you out lets establish a few facts.The whip rules were passed by HRNZ and are enforced by RIU employees before the JCA. If you want to be a liscensed driver you have to abide by a set of HRNZ/RIU rules.

The 3 drivers mentioned disregarded/broke the established whip rules and were found guilty as charged and given a 3 day holiday. Really simple isnt it.

You seem to be confused as to whether the rule suits you but that doesn't matter: it  is correct  Rule 869(2)(a)] - Excessive use of whip

Newmarket I am very offended in that you called "The Brodster" a clown.

Just because a rule was passed with very little regard to the consequences doesn't mean it is a correct decision.

It was rushed thru and is not beneficial to anyone except the coffers of the organisation who collect the fines.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Newmarket I am very offended in that you called "The Brodster" a clown.

Just because a rule was passed with very little regard to the consequences doesn't mean it is a correct decision.

It was rushed thru and is not beneficial to anyone except the coffers of the organisation who collect the fines.

Stop behaving like one then , move with the times or evolution was a phrase i saw earlier. The rule is not going away anytime soon so its a case of drivers/jockey's/punters adapting.

Im sorry if i hurt your feelings

I know I said BUT  Newmarket WHO THE FUCK  OR WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU LITTLE UPSTART. Brodie/myself /jocky's/drivers don't have to do shit. stop playing with your self and mas de bate the opinions of others.. if you like it or not..   sorry addmin but their really are some tossers on this site.. and Newmarket is clearly one of them.. don't like getting personal but Christ I just couldn't help myself.  I was expressing my opinion .. now  like that .

3 minutes ago, final luca said:

I know I said BUT  Newmarket WHO THE FUCK  OR WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU LITTLE UPSTART. Brodie/myself /jocky's/drivers don't have to do shit. stop playing with your self and mas de bate the opinions of others.. if you like it or not..   sorry addmin but their really are some tossers on this site.. and Newmarket is clearly one of them.. don't like getting personal but Christ I just couldn't help myself.  I was expressing my opinion .. now  like that .

Oh final your such a big threatening bully. Clearly you have comprehension issues. Jockeys and Drivers do have to follow the rules if they want to remain licensed so they " do have to do shit" as you put it. What you do behind closed doors is your business!!

not a bully at all.. unlike some I give back to those that deserve .. I am well aware they all have to follow rules what I am saying is the   rules in my view are bloody stupid.

you may not agree and I and others accept that.. but when you call us idiots, clowns or what ever you do  show yourself up some what. and open the gates   for  a  personal  attack.

addmin can put a stop to me . i'm fine with that.

but don't you ever assume I am a bully.. yes I don't mind kicking arse... never said I don't. okay I loveeeeeeeeeeeee kicking arse, just don't let it be yours.. because were on race café to have fun.. you know enjoyment?  I don't want to come across as a bully or a wanker or what ever you do in Newmarket..

now getting back to the issues. we suggest that those rules that is/was being discussed should be looked  at and changed. we have a difference of opinion  .. and sir/madam, that is were we all should leave it.. bully my arse :)

to others, I am very sorry   for my choice of words..   I lost a sister on sunday , and the anger is being released on those that bite...

i'll get back to the hard issues not  the personality clashes   :)

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Stop behaving like one then , move with the times or evolution was a phrase i saw earlier. The rule is not going away anytime soon so its a case of drivers/jockey's/punters adapting.

Im sorry if i hurt your feelings

Newmarket, the clowns were the ones that passed the rule without thorough consultation and it was brought in without the approval of the ones that were affected by it.

3 hours ago, final luca said:

to others, I am very sorry   for my choice of words..   I lost a sister on sunday , and the anger is being released on those that bite...

i'll get back to the hard issues not  the personality clashes   :)

Sorry to hear that.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Newmarket, the clowns were the ones that passed the rule without thorough consultation and it was brought in without the approval of the ones that were affected by it.

Nope they got it right and did consult IMHO so lets just agree to disagree cos nothings going to change except the attitude of the smart drivers.

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Nope they got it right and did consult IMHO so lets just agree to disagree cos nothings going to change except the attitude of the smart drivers.

Newmarket you are wrong it was not brought in with the agreement from the drivers at all!

Anyway better get on and sort out some winners!