RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pottsie

Blenheim

Pottsie no it has never been achieved in NZ. Ted Winsloe trained 7 winners on the 9 race programme at the first day of the Gore Spring Meeting on 24/10/64. Remarkably on the second day two days later he did not get any winners.

Yip there was a nice sole of grass on it today.The galloping club always run a trainers prize for most wins at their meeting.I'm not sure how many he's won in the last 10 years...but he got another $500 for being leading trainer at the meeting...he must think its easy money when he comes here.No doubt tho that cub is grateful for his support as if it wasn't for Kevin  Myers i'd say some meetings here would of been in doubt.

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Yip there was a nice sole of grass on it today.The galloping club always run a trainers prize for most wins at their meeting.I'm not sure how many he's won in the last 10 years...but he got another $500 for being leading trainer at the meeting...he must think its easy money when he comes here.No doubt tho that cub is grateful for his support as if it wasn't for Kevin  Myers i'd say some meetings here would of been in doubt.

Excellent surface. Good standard of racing and an amazing effort to secure 10 of the 16 races over the two days. Nashville was really impressive in the Cup and a great moment at the presentation to get Terry and Robbie out there to celebrate their 1000 Club induction - two jockeys who have served the MRC well over the years.

The man is a legend, he'd have forgotten more than every single member of the Trackside staff combined knows, and we don't get to see him because they fucked up asking him stupid rhetorical questions......work that out.

I'd like to see someone do a YouTube show with Dummy, in front of a roaring open fire, with a bottle of port or whiskey, and a big blue cheese fondue, let him have a ramble titled "fuckwits I've known in racing, and the stupid things they've done", it'd be gold, just like he is.

14 hours ago, Midget said:

The man is a legend, he'd have forgotten more than every single member of the Trackside staff combined knows, and we don't get to see him because they fucked up asking him stupid rhetorical questions......work that out.

I'd like to see someone do a YouTube show with Dummy, in front of a roaring open fire, with a bottle of port or whiskey, and a big blue cheese fondue, let him have a ramble titled "fuckwits I've known in racing, and the stupid things they've done", it'd be gold, just like he is.

We dont agree often but as for Kevin Myers he is indeed a legend. He has to be admired for his stand over trackside talks. He talks to Dennis Ryan

of the Informant but not many others and why should he? He first rode for me when he was 16, young and cheeky and in the shadow of elder brother Patrick who was the leading amateur rider.He has come a long way since then

33 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I suppose because Blenheim doesn't have a racing writer as such and the papers rely on picking up stories from elsewhere rather than someone actually showing some initative.

The irony is that the local paper did do a write up but you're absolutely correct that no one at NZTR level which is charged w promoting the sport has shown the initiative and picked it up .. 

Just now, rdytdy said:

It's been done before.

Paddy Busuttin (I think it was over Easter) at a two day meeting at Tauherenikau trained six winners the first day and another four on the second day.  

I don't recall Tauherenikau racing twice over Easter. I think it used to be Fielding and even Trentham if I recall correctly.

You are quite correct rdytdy, Fielding and Tauherenikau both raced sat and monday over Easter in 1983. I don't know who trained the winners, but interestingly Fielding turned over $296,000 and $236,000 on course and Tauherenikau $178,000 and $151,000. Busy day the Monday; Auckland, Taupo, Fielding, Tauherenikau, Riccarton and Riverton. Things have certainly changed.

I don't say it's a record -- just that it's a significant feat which merits recognition by the sport's governing body. Which currently pays a lot of money to contract out its PR. Added to which, it was the nz gallops meet of the day so the club also deserves some publicity. 

Thought the TAB odds that I took of $81 was a bit low for 8 winners. I was happy after race 5, but 6 winners and 2 seconds was the lot. Great stuff Kevin.

Ted you are correct. Paddy Busuttin trained 6 winners at Tauherenikau on 31/12/88 and 4 on the second day 3/1/89.Winners day one- Runvs/Gary Phillips-Jan's Agent/Brian Hibberd-Fritessa/Gary Phillips-Play A Tune/Gary Phillips-Classic Walk/Gary Phillips-Avens/Gary Phillips. Day 2-Runvs/Gary Phillips-Fritessa/T.W. O'Donnell-Classic Walk/Gary Phillips-Avens/Gary Phillips.