RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

O'Shea and Godolphin part company....

12 hours ago, Midget said:

Moody is the man for the job, if he'd do it, and he probably won't although the rumours linking him to the position have been about since May last year.

Is James Cummings good enough ? Seems a bit soon to me although he does a good job with those three year olds he's got.

They couldn't seriously bring a northern hemisphere ( as in UK ) trainer here could they because the training techniques are so different and those blokes from up north would train all the speed out of the horse's legs.

Maybe bring one of those good Hong Kong trainers down, someone like John Size, they're as good as anyone in the world and money would be no object to the Arabs.

Appleby has done pretty well down here Midget, just about everything he brought down has won, including last week. He would know the horses and I'm sure with Beadman and Co onside, would learn pretty quickly.

13 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Appleby has done pretty well down here Midget, just about everything he brought down has won, including last week. He would know the horses and I'm sure with Beadman and Co onside, would learn pretty quickly.

Has he ? 

With sprinters and babies ? 

After 5 winning rides in Honkers yesterday, which included a masterful tactical ride on Neorealism in the big one, why would Jo bother to be controlled by Goldolphin? It doesn't make sense.

16 hours ago, Trump said:

After 5 winning rides in Honkers yesterday, which included a masterful tactical ride on Neorealism in the big one, why would Jo bother to be controlled by Goldolphin? It doesn't make sense.

$$$$$ and a lot of them

Can't really imagine what it must be like....winning a group one but not having the owners at your hip to celebrate. Must be quite disheartening treating everything as a number. Strange though that he's stopping with two years to go and the use of the expression " negotiating a severance" would almost suggest something was done to O'Shea and he said piss off. Maybe Ferguson's son in Melbourne was the wild card?

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Rumor is James Cummings will be announced as the new trainer... good luck to him if he has got the job..hope he does well.

Yeah the drums in Australia were beating Cummings from the minute O'Shea leaving was announced.

21 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Surprised the muslims would embrace such a committed Christian as Beadman. Do Godolphin have any female employees in Oz or indeed have they ever engaged a female jockey? If they do/have then that is a great leap forward from the constraints of their  religion.

Maybe not such a done deal after all....

Godolphin responds to Cummings report

BY MATT KELLY - @MATTY_KEL
1 hour ago Horse Racing

James Cummings (Pic: Getty)

Godolphin has responded to reports James Cummings is set to become the stable’s new head trainer. 

A Fox Sports News report surfaced Friday morning, stating, ‘an announcement is imminent that Cummings has been selected for the role'.

But Godolphin said it had nothing to add, and that it was “surprised” by the report. 

“There’s nothing from us, unfortunately,” a Godolphin spokesperson told G1X.com.au. “We were as surprised as you were.”

Godolphin is yet to officially confirm that it has parted ways with current head trainer John O’Shea, despite news of a split breaking last Saturday.

When asked if confirmation in regards to O’Shea or Cummings would be forthcoming - in the form of a statement in the following days - the stable replied, “I don’t think so.”

“We’ve worked hard to be as transparent as we can be for years and years now,” the spokesperson said. 

“It’s something we’re working a way through at the moment, which I’m sure you can appreciate.” 

When also asked to confirm reports of an application to Racing NSW for a trainer’s licence for current assistant Darren Beadman, the spokesperson said, “No, I can’t, sorry.”

O’Shea remains on leave with both parties said to be currently working through a severance package. 

News of the report regarding Cummings was met with a favourable response on social media, with many saying he’d be an excellent choice for the job. 

Cummings has enjoyed a successful last 12 months at Leilani Lodge, with Prized Icon winning the Group 1 Victoria Derby and fellow three-year-old Good Standing taking out the G3 Norman Robinson Stakes.

7 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Surprised the muslims would embrace such a committed Christian as Beadman. Do Godolphin have any female employees in Oz or indeed have they ever engaged a female jockey? If they do/have then that is a great leap forward from the constraints of their  religion.

I think Josephine Gordon may have ridden for Charlie Appleby,but not positive about that.

Chevy, just as celibacy is a myth in the Catholic Church (seen the film "Spotlight"?), some of the Muslim beliefs are also myths! I was in a training camp with an Iranian Muslim and his room was next to mine. Every morning I was woken up by his early morning prayer session as he faced Mecca and wailed! Yet after work, in the evening, he loved to defy his "no booze" beliefs by pouring Johnny Walker Black down his gullet. When I asked him his reason for defying his faith his response was, "Alas my friend, it is surely a weakness for which I pray Allah's forgiveness". Beadman's Christian beliefs won't present a problem :)

9 minutes ago, zelda kratchanova 2 said:

is their a BBQ for John?

Would he fit on one ?

That metal rod up his chutney might hurt a bit, but he'd look good with an apple stuffed in his gob and saying nothing for a change.

18 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Friday, 5 May 2017 

Darren Beadman – Trainers Licence Approved - to commence Sunday (7 May) 

An application from Darren Beadman for a Metropolitan Trainers licence has been approved by Racing NSW and will commence from Sunday 7 May 2017. Mr Beadman will take carriage of the Godolphin stable from that date. 

Please note that horses accepted to race Saturday 6 May 2017 will race in the care of Trainer John O’Shea. Horses from Sunday 7 May will race under the care of Trainer Darren Beadman. Race field publications will be amended where practical to reflect the change.