RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Rowe cup re Valmange

It certainly looks like a case of some being favoured over others. Valmagne is in form ,ok I know only a lower class trot on the grass at Hawera, and should be in the field.

If I was the owner I would be appealing certainly to HRNZ although a fat lot of good that would probably do. Is there any wonder that owners are leaving the industry when they are treated like this.

3 hours ago, richie said:

Should be ahead of High Gait,Gee Up Neddy and probably Monnay and Great Things Happen.In fact as a placegetter last year should probably be exempt from the ballot.Ratings system used for some horses,form for others.

Valmagne 8 group placings,Quevert never started in a group race

A year seems a long time for an exemption.

This is a total disgrace. $223,000 in stakes, 2nd in the race last year. 8 Group 1 placing. This rating system is becoming an absolute joke. They want us to start our horses week in and week out and this is what happens. 

16 hours ago, dkc said:

This is a total disgrace. $223,000 in stakes, 2nd in the race last year. 8 Group 1 placing. This rating system is becoming an absolute joke. They want us to start our horses week in and week out and this is what happens. 

The ratings have Valmange as the 16th highest rated horse in the field so I can't see the "absolute joke"

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

The ratings have Valmange as the 16th highest rated horse in the field so I can't see the "absolute joke"

But the field not done on ratings otherwise Monnay would be in,it is almost discretionary.Most of Valmagne wins have been 2600m or better.One of the better stayers around and 2nd to Monbet in this race last year.No excuse for him not to be in field except personality clash.

I would have thought and excuse me if i'm wrong,

but clubs  try to  collect the best form horses for their mayor races,

for an example, would they place a horse in a nz cup that has had 10 starts for 10 duck eggs ,

when there is a horse that has won 3 of it's last 10 races?

common sense tells or suggest that they wouldn't but then we really don't know what is in the heads of some that

do the make up of some big races do we. But lets face it guys, this is not the first time either codes we have seen something that we feel should get a start,

stuck on the ballot, and most likely it won't be the last.  is it fair.. I say no, but then i'm not the one that has to sleep with the mistake. :)

1 minute ago, richie said:

But the field not done on ratings otherwise Monnay would be in,it is almost discretionary.Most of Valmagne wins have been 2600m or better.One of the better stayers around and 2nd to Monbet in this race last year.No excuse for him not to be in field except personality clash.

I am sure there are a few factors at work and not just ratings but its not a total disgrace and the ratings are not an absolute joke.

$223,000 in stakes, 2nd in the race last year. 8 Group 1 placings are very historical and no gaurantee of a start.

If you take this seasons performances into consideration is there a horse that has earnt less stake money per start ?

3 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I am sure there are a few factors at work and not just ratings but its not a total disgrace and the ratings are not an absolute joke.

$223,000 in stakes, 2nd in the race last year. 8 Group 1 placings are very historical and no gaurantee of a start.

If you take this seasons performances into consideration is there a horse that has earnt less stake money per start ?

There is a horse that has not started this season, so the answer is yes.... And should that horse be in ahead of Valmange ?

6 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

I will check earnings when I get home but he raced at the Cup meeting and prior, including the DG Jones

My mistake, was looking from the top to the bottom, you are correct, had starts after 1st August. 

Will do my homework better in future. My appologies.

obviously didnt make the field, but 2nd to monbet last time (watch it!!!), i feel sorry for the owners and trainers, no one is saying he was going to win {but i said that last time?) and wouldnt have been in my picks but 3rd ballot, quervert gets as start in r2, a trotter that has had the stake earnings he has, and his group placings he has had??

this is just wrong!  

good luck to you all! me an jonny legend

, 45 years, are keeping a cold one for yas!!