RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Fixed Odds For Addington Premier Meeting????

With Easter Friday being a public holiday, I would have thought that the TAB would bring the odds out for the Addington Premier meeting on Saturday night.

They have brought out 2 races which was done yesterday, but thought it would make sense to bring all of them out, so that people could have a go  on Easter Friday seem that online betting was available for sports betting!

Most races the odds are going to be light but there are a couple of races to invest on!

7 minutes ago, sergio said:

it s not a premier meeting mate

Ok previous years the Easter Cup race  meeting  has been Premier racing.

There is feature races with the Trotting Stakes and the Easter Cup plus most of the other races are bigger stakes than usual.

It is a feature meeeting and should attract good punting.

Why would they not want to bring the odds out early to enable more money on"?????????

53 minutes ago, Brodie said:

With Easter Friday being a public holiday, I would have thought that the TAB would bring the odds out for the Addington Premier meeting on Saturday night.

They have brought out 2 races which was done yesterday, but thought it would make sense to bring all of them out, so that people could have a go  on Easter Friday seem that online betting was available for sports betting!

Most races the odds are going to be light but there are a couple of races to invest on!

I thought on numerous occasions you have said that you were not allowed to bet through the tab? 

2. You profess to being a very successfully gambler, some on here put themselves in the firing line and confess pre race their tips/selections. Anything of value you have found for addington.?

21 minutes ago, Varro said:

I thought on numerous occasions you have said that you were not allowed to bet through the tab? 

2. You profess to being a very successfully gambler, some on here put themselves in the firing line and confess pre race their tips/selections. Anything of value you have found for addington.?

When have I ever said that I am not allowed to bet through the TAB?

Restrictions!!!!!

I am not a gambler!

Dont need to publish tips on here for all and sundry for obvious reasons!

Why would I give tips out on here , when that is the role of people who want to charge others for their tips.

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Restrictions!!!!!

I am not a gambler!

Why would I give tips out on here , when that is the role of people who want to charge others for their tips.

The odds are out but they are in futures betting 

been out for a couple hours, mac almighty race 1 wins

23 minutes ago, Clapp said:

The odds are out but they are in futures betting 

been out for a couple hours, mac almighty race 1 wins

Thanks, thought it was abit unusual not to be out.

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Restrictions!!!!!

I am not a gambler!

My apologies, you have rambled on in numerous threads about your difficulties betting. 

OK fair point about putting our your tip however its not about that it was to try and identify if you were genuine.

I picture you as one of those blokes who leaves his kids in his car, scraps up the 20 cent pieces out of his car, puts 2 bux a place on a 1.50 shot, and screams like your having a orgasm when you have won. Your real name I think is probably tolafaufaumoidillyafillywilly and live in mangers bridge, or papatoetoe one of the two. How close did I get?

5 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Brodie has already been identified on the site as being genuine.

There are no doubts about that.

If he gave me a horse to back, I would.

Gday mate, I'm having Brodie on and taking the piss. Was more of a unsubtle challenge

Sorry Varro, just back from the scrap metal dealer as I had to cash in my cans to enable me to get my $1 e.w. on!

Would the book makers hold back the markets so punters bet at Cambridge and Forbury tonight and wait for the scratchings to be decleared?

It has stopped punters taking a multi using runners tonight

This meeting hasn't been a Premier meeting for a long time. Contentious over the past few years if I remember rightly because they held an amateur drivers race which always drew some discussion. 

Apparently the plan for 2018 however is to make the meeting a day meeting and transfer the NZ Derby, Fred Shaw Memorial Trotting Champs, NZ Trotting Derby and Welcome Stakes to the meeting to run alongside the Easter Cup. 

I like the idea. 

11 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

This meeting hasn't been a Premier meeting for a long time. Contentious over the past few years if I remember rightly because they held an amateur drivers race which always drew some discussion. 

Apparently the plan for 2018 however is to make the meeting a day meeting and transfer the NZ Derby, Fred Shaw Memorial Trotting Champs, NZ Trotting Derby and Welcome Stakes to the meeting to run alongside the Easter Cup. 

I like the idea. 

As do I.  It'd be a return to what prevailed for many decades, when Easter Saturday was the strongest overall programme held at Addington each season.  I never really understood why they ceded the day to the thoroughbreds, but reverting to historical norms seems like an experiment well worth trying.

11 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

I like the idea. 

I went out on Derby night and it seemed a bit flat, no excitement leading into one of the premier races of the season. Good on The Met for making the necessary changes for 2018, should be a much better event next year.

The night was abit flat and most Premier nights tend to be nowadays as not enough people attending oncourse.

The days of big crowds apart from Cup Day are a thing of the past.

Some how we need to attract people oncourse again to engender atmosphere.

Currently it is only the owners and trainers and a few regular punters.

To attract newbies to the course they need to make it appealing.

Sell packages to businesses where a good meal and drinks plus betting vouchers and a MC are a very reasonable price without making much of a profit on it.

We need people talking to others about what a great experience and getting them coming for the same deal!

If racing is not proactive in attracting owners and punters we will struggle into the future.

If they wanted atmosphere why not run one of their major meeting at banks peninsula.   Problem at this time of year is the weather of course. People prefer attending green areas .Personally don't think transferring to a day meeting will attract  any more. People at creatures of habit and routine.  They have well established routines for their easter break. Addington is not attractive to attend as it does not provide good viewing. No stand before the winning post means I watch races on the tv if I'm there, so why bother going, may as well be at home. 

9 minutes ago, what a post said:

If they wanted atmosphere why not run one of their major meeting at banks peninsula.   Problem at this time of year is the weather of course. People prefer attending green areas .Personally don't think transferring to a day meeting will attract  any more. People at creatures of habit and routine.  They have well established routines for their easter break. Addington is not attractive to attend as it does not provide good viewing. No stand before the winning post means I watch races on the tv if I'm there, so why bother going, may as well be at home. 

Agree that I don't think a day meeting would be any better than a night meeting for numbers.

Dont agree with you in regard to not good viewing of the Addington track.

The members stand gives great viewing in my humble opinion!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Agree that I don't think a day meeting would be any better than a night meeting for numbers.

Personally  I think the members stand is too far from the action . Tracks that don't have a stand prior to the winning post make for poor viewing and a lack of connection with the action on the track.  

28 minutes ago, what a post said:

Personally  I think the members stand is too far from the action . Tracks that don't have a stand prior to the winning post make for poor viewing and a lack of connection with the action on the track.  

I cant imagine there will be a stand prior to the winning post again :(

6 hours ago, what a post said:

Yeah, you're probably right.  I always make a point of going out on Show Day precisely because it's the one time they have a stand before the winning post.  Being otherwise stuck in the members' stand isn't very appealing.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem though, isn't it?  At current attendance numbers it makes no sense for Addington to put in another stand (even a small one), but if they don't then it's a stone-cold certainty that attendance numbers won't recover. 

They can't build another stand where the previous one was!

Word has it, that there is going to be motels built where the dozed stand was!

10 hours ago, Brodie said:

I went to a meeting last year at Addington and there were private functions everywhere including Spectators. There was a small room for the public with the other half split of that room closed off for the punting competition. 2 tote operators and two tv's to watch. No doubt I left before half the card was over. Just bad !