RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Catalano

2017 Jumps Season

Riverton today:

R1 Tizza Secret is handy enough and receives 9kg from the toppie

R2 Go Go Gonzo should go one better. The Myers runner has no exposed form- I can't just back it because of the stable...?

R3 Yipson has been going well and should be too good here.

Back to the minimum bet of $40

Tough luck Catalano.

I am surprised that you didn't stick with Delacriox today. He had won two hurdle races well prior to being brought down last start when travelling easily when you had him. He also had form on heavy tracks having won four in such conditions and had won four of his hurdle starts before adding a fifth today. The 3kg claim brought him in nicely at the weights.

Yipson on the other hand had never won in ten starts on a heavy track and he struggled in the ground over the last 500m when the pressure went on.

Four jumps races tomorrow at Ellerslie. Good luck.       

9 hours ago, Catalano said:

Riverton today:

R1 Tizza Secret is handy enough and receives 9kg from the toppie

R2 Go Go Gonzo should go one better. The Myers runner has no exposed form- I can't just back it because of the stable...?

R3 Yipson has been going well and should be too good here.

Back to the minimum bet of $40

Neks horse got you today!!!! But was a good performer on the flat so good to see it win first up over hurdles

15 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Yipson on the other hand had never won in ten starts on a heavy track

I think I had a touch of Stockholm Syndrome - I'd been beaten by Myers so often that I was scared not to pick him!

This is starting to read like a movie script for 'The Hindenburg'...

Ok, back into it:

Ellerslie race 1 - Another of these maiden hurdle lotteries with stacks of first-uppers. I'm going Joey Jonz, Likes a wet Ellerslie and should be well schooled.

Race 3 - Confident that Noah John wants it longer, wetter, and generally tougher - he'll get that today. Mendoza was third in a very weak race at Waikato, and I can't have him on that.

Race 4 - I'm going to give Ngatira Gold another shot. He ran poorly in the equivalent Waikato race last year, then came out and won at Ellerslie. The toppy gets a good penalty for a big win last time - too much for him?

Race 7 - I like Wise Men Say, and obviously Crash Bandicoot, but I'm going for Liefting's Just Got Home. Had a hit-out on the course, and could have gone into the maiden, but I think they've targetted this race while he's low in the weights - will be a great chase!

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, rdytdy said:

Just get on Just Got Home when Rudy puts him over the steeplechase fences this season where he will get in nicely at the weights.

I have noted that you have gone that way today Catalano. Only concern being the bog track up there over the 4150m distance. Many of them are struggling in that ground.

Emily will be buzzing after Raisafuasho's win in the Ken Browne Hurdle and looking for the big race double with Just Got Home. Good luck.  

OK, last chance for me - as they say 'madness is doing the same thing over and expecting a different result'

1. Perry Mason has run some nice races of late, but Kiddo, with the Myers/Fannin factor and a winner of his last two on the flat, will be too good.

2. Sea King has been disappointing, and Justa Charlie has run some solid races, but I like Zedeedudadeeko to repeat last years win on the course, after a couple of pipe-openers on the flat. 

3. I think Just Ishi won't like it as deep as it will be in the final straight, also I'm thinking that Highly Likely is the better jumper of the two, and with the steeples being quite a technical course, I'll go for Myers again.

Bets will go on tomorrow, so any differing opinions appreciated!

Record is 7/27 - 26% terrible! I think three of my four bets were pulled up at Ellerslie last week - I've become the kiss of death! :unsure:

Kipkeino is a decent horse, Justa Charlie good course and distance record, Zedeedudadeeko a decent  Zed going around in jumps today, My Magician can turn it on when he wants, would be great to see Sea King bounce back, should be a good race!!

From the stipes:
HIGHLY LIKELY (S Fannin) – Was fractious prior to the open start and when the start was effected, backed into LONELY BOY (C Price) resulting in both riders being dislodged. Following the running of Race 3 a request for a ruling was lodged by the Stewards with the JCA to determine whether HIGHLY LIKELY and LONELY BOY each respectively received a fair start. After hearing from riders, the starter and the starter’s assistant the JCA determined that HIGHLY LIKELY be declared a runner and that LONELY BOY was denied a fair start due to the actions of HIGHLY LIKELY. Connections of HIGHLY LIKELY were advised that a warning is placed against the gelding with regard to its manners when in open starts. HIGHLY LIKELY incurred abrasions in the incident and was found to be lame in the right hind. A veterinary clearance is required prior to racing.

I'm nothing if not persistent...

Race 1 - The firmer track, and the pull in the weights should be enough to get the Myers runner, Zentangle home in his first hurdle start.

Race 2 - It's a Myers double to start the day, with Jonquil also appreciating the better conditions.

Race 5 - Last start winner Seeking Redemption has freshened up and will also like the Dead 6. He'll appreciate the 3kg claim, and has a good steeples record.

Super line up of jumps races at Hastings tomorrow. Going to be some good action! Sea King, and ZedEm's little brother Guy Fox in the HB hurdles. Mr Mor goes well at Hastings, Shaun Fannin on Nells Bell again, Kings Deep for the Nelson's in the HB steeples. Hope the rain holds off.