RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

It's only little, but...

It's only a little thing, but something I find quite irritating for some reason. I always used to wonder why Australians always seemed to run their races for very odd stakes. Never $1m, always $1.008m. Then eventually it dawned on me that our TAB converts everything to $NZ, so the Sydney Cup isn't really $A2,150,000 as you might expect. It is $A2m, but for some reason we convert it to $NZ. Why, I ask. It's an Australian race, held in Australia, with largely Australian horses, and real Australian money. Why do we need to convert it into NZ money? Is it relevant to anyone?

They don't have a note after the track conditions when the Aussies rate a track as heavy with our TAB kindy advising  - "but not heavy as we know it". They don't have a warming when there is a rugby game between  Australian and NZ  sides saying - "but not rugby as we know it, because the Aussies are shit".

And while I'm at it, all they do is multiply the Aussie stake by 7.5%, except when it's a $1m race, then they multipy it by 8% for some obscure reason. I wonder if someone is paid to sit there converting all the race headings and form guides.

It may appear I have far too much time on my hands, but it is a wet day so cut me some slack.

What amuses me is they (NZ TAB) rename every race that is sponsored by any of their perceived competitors in Aust- this Saturday for example R4 Caulfield is the "Ladbrookes Galilee Series Final" in NZ it is called "tab.co.nz Galilee Series Final". Happens every week. They even have renamed a race tonight at Pakenham that racing.com have sponsored. Does the nz tab pay a fee each time they rename these races? 

1 hour ago, toolittletoolate said:

What amuses me is they (NZ TAB) rename every race that is sponsored by any of their perceived competitors in Aust- this Saturday for example R4 Caulfield is the "Ladbrookes Galilee Series Final" in NZ it is called "tab.co.nz Galilee Series Final". Happens every week. They even have renamed a race tonight at Pakenham that racing.com have sponsored. Does the nz tab pay a fee each time they rename these races? 

Yes when the TAB talk about intellectual property and race fields legislation - this always feels petty and wrong to me