RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
alltheway!!!

Palmerston North Friday Night

What happened at palmy on Friday? I heard there was a big ruckus caused by some of the greyhound trainers at the track. Apparently they even needed the police to get involved. and why are the riu not investigating the matter or even mentioned this? They have fined and punished people for a lot less so why would they turn a blind eye to this unacceptable behavior if what I have heard really happened. 

12 minutes ago, GOM said:

Tell us what you heard really happened Sahkey so we can make up our own minds. If it is true there is no barrier to putting it here. If it just another rumour though ?

From what I have heard, several licensed people attacked another group of people at the track and the police were called which led to people being arrested (how many I do not know). I do not know the full details or who was involved but I am surprised that the RIU have made no comments on this what so ever or charged anyone. Seems like they are using their magic wands again and sweeping the issue under the carpet as they have tried to put people out for alot less recently. 

2 hours ago, GOM said:

Holy Moly. A friend of mine who is English when learned that I raced greyhoiunds, told me when the average Pom hears greyhound racing racing  they immedaitely think "gypsies and thieves." Maybe I should'nt have laughed.

Disagree mike , we think of flat caps , cigarettes and a damn good night out ( sorry but you don't get tha third one here ) . Tony 

5 hours ago, GOM said:

You are obviously framing that answer on Bob Bond Tony

We used to go to Sunderland dogs , great night out. Up to probably 12 to maybe 1500 people or so there especially in run up to xmas. You could book a table  , have a runner to put bets on and get drinks etc. all with a good feed. After racing floor cleared and turned into a dance floor with either a disco or group. No fighting and night went on till early hours. Can't seem to get that right here .

I went to Wimbledon dogs one night on a Saturday when I was in the UK for work.  It was an awful night, rainy and wet, but I arrived on track to an absolutely crowded stadium full on 20-30 year-olds having a great time drinking and having a few bets on the races.  All tote windows were open and the queues were about 10 people deep.  Then, all of a sudden, they were all gone, presumably off to the bars and clubs.  

18 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes gompa, most greyhounds in the UK are imported from ireland the land of the gypo! About 100,000 Bred every year from the emerald isle....beware the trainers with Irish names...all very shifty!!

20,000 a year actually.