RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blind Squirrel

Lexi Thomson

Does it seem fair that an eagle eyed TV viewer has cost Lexi Thomson a major win?

I know golf is a sport where the rules are zealously adhered to however on this occasion does the punishment fit the crime? Can you imagine if all televised sports allowed viewers to email/txt/call in (up to 24 hours after the event) and point out an error that was then applied to change the score/result etc. 

Having seen the infringement it is obvious she did play from the wrong mark - by 1 cm at best and possible far less of a margin - I would suggest blind freddy could have knocked in that putt 99 times out of 100 so would expect a pro to make each and every time.

Something's rotten in Denmark here!

4 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

I don't mind golf - but the viewer must be an officious prick with no life. 

Thinks the rules of golf are paramount - but cheats on his wife and steals from the collection tray at church B)

Someone was heavily laying her on betfair before any announcement was made as well, the whole thing stinks terribly.

Totally unfair that a viewer can do this. Total bullsh.t. Would that same a.shole viewer have pointed out any other player's mistake? Or just Lexi because she was leading or were they going to lose money if she won?

It wasn't picked up by one of the referees so a warning should have been given only.

What I find really harsh is that she copped a two shot penalty for signing an incorrect card!?

Two shots for placing the ball wrong is tough given the viewer intervention, but I can understand it. 

But when she signed the card nobody (incl rules officials) had made her aware of the indiscretion so how can you retrospectively say she signed the card incorrectly?? Crazy game!

Golf rules hark back to an age of strict adherence to rules and punitive action should you break them. There are some Golf Clubs in Britain that are currently patting themselves on the back for being brave enough to let women become members. Such archaic thinking might be one of the reasons golf is rapidly becoming a game for old men.