RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rangipo

Drug Testing Greyhounds

1 hour ago, Rangipo said:

Heard a rumour last week that arsenic is being regularly used in the greyhound industry in Australia and NZ?

Does anyone know the tolerance levels and withholding periods?

I have heard rumours of people using this in the past. I doubt it is in wide use however. Its very dangerous to use on any dog and anyone caught using arsenic should be banned for life. From my understanding, arsenic increases the rate that the dogs body pumps red blood cells but has many drawbacks. Give the dog too much of a dose and it can be really dangerous for the dog. Anyone willing to go that far to win a race shouldn't be in charge of any animals period. 

The correct statement Shakey should have been anyone willing to giive their dog anything to win a race not just arsenic. As for you Rangipo unfounded rumours are ridiculous. Most of them are started with losers with an agenda and wishing to create a bad image. That is one very good reason to identify yourself, to give credence.

At the moment I have heard it rumored that you are either a very good racehorse or a hotel for bad boys in the cental north island.

I think those two positive swabs were for anti inflammatories the trainer didn't realize they were banned substances according to industry gossip regards Jimmy Tuwharetoa