RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
lamour

Terror To Love

I see a come back is on the cards.  Good luck and I hope it goes well for them.  Personally I'm not sure its a good idea.  Very hard to come back at the top level (ask Tiger Woods) after such a long break, especially as a 9 year old and having to face a horse like Lazarus.  

I don't think it will do his stud career much good.  But I hope I am wrong, he has been a great horse for our sport.

Maybe the the owners will be looking to sell Terror To Love to the people who bought Christen Me.

Probably not because the owners have a soft spot for the horse that made them millions and care about his future rather than getting the last drop!

1 hour ago, lamour said:

I see a come back is on the cards.  Good luck and I hope it goes well for them.  Personally I'm not sure its a good idea.  Very hard to come back at the top level (ask Tiger Woods) after such a long break, especially as a 9 year old and having to face a horse like Lazarus.  

I don't think it will do his stud career much good.  But I hope I am wrong, he has been a great horse for our sport.

Credible media outlets who publish stories that are not true can also damage their reputation and the reputation of the industry they are in without knowing it.

Hope the connections were in on the joke and found it funny like I did!

34 minutes ago, MisterEd said:

Credible media outlets who publish stories that are not true can also damage their reputation and the reputation of the industry they are in without knowing it.

Hope the connections were in on the joke and found it funny like I did!

Why do you think it is a joke?....

Courts purchased a stallion from U.S. And raced it in Canterbury  and then sent it to Australia.

Didnt do that well but did have Speed.

Racing Terror To Love again probably won't do a lot for attracting mares though.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Why do you think it is a joke?....

Courts purchased a stallion from U.S. And raced it in Canterbury  and then sent it to Australia.

Didnt do that well but did have Speed.

Racing Terror To Love again probably won't do a lot for attracting mares though.

Because the site that published it has now added April Fools to the title but not before sucking in a heap of people you included.

http://www.hrnz.co.nz/news-and-events/latest-news/5285-terror-to-love-to-return

Interesting comments at the Auckland workouts this morning concerning Terror To Love's comeback,with most not knowing the date and believing the story and it did have tongues  wagging

I do see the funny side of this but should HRNZ be publishing such a nonsense  story? Or is it a promotion plan between Matt Markham and Pinelea Farm?

20 minutes ago, rangi said:

Interesting comments at the Auckland workouts this morning concerning Terror To Love's comeback,with most not knowing the date and believing the story and it did have tongues  wagging

I do see the funny side of this but should HRNZ be publishing such a nonsense  story? Or is it a promotion plan between Matt Markham and Pinelea Farm?

The integrity of HRNZ would have dropped quite a bit in the eyes the people duped by the article I would say.  Some people would see the funny side but is tomorrows article or the article in a weeks time going to to be just a joke as well? Who knows! The bar has been set pretty low now.

1 hour ago, MisterEd said:

The integrity of HRNZ would have dropped quite a bit in the eyes the people duped by the article I would say.  Some people would see the funny side but is tomorrows article or the article in a weeks time going to to be just a joke as well? Who knows! The bar has been set pretty low now.

Gone through to the keeper!

Is it a joke or not?

Dont beleive that HRNZ would publish an article with so much depth and then say, suckers!

Actually, I thought it was pretty good.  They had me for about 10 secs --- I was thinking "WTF!", and then glanced at my watch and saw the date.  The penny dropped...

HRNZ take a lot of brickbats on this forum, but I'm happy to give them a bouquet for this one.  Perhaps not to everybody's taste, but I liked it.

19 hours ago, JackSprat said:

It would appear that some people are easier to fool than others!

Jack, hadn't read the story, but read on here that Terror To Love was coming  back.

Why on earth would we think that it was a hoax????

Courts raced a stallion they purchased from America here previously so it was possible wasn't it?

As they say, don't beleive everything you read and I won't on here in future!!!!!

Bloody hell Brodie. Is it that hard to admit you (along with plenty of others) were caught out with a beautifully constructed April Fools prank?

The fact that the article went to such great lengths to sell the hoax, is testament to a job well done!.

Well played Matt Markham. Well played indeed sir!

1 hour ago, JackSprat said:

Bloody hell Brodie. Is it that hard to admit you (along with plenty of others) were caught out with a beautifully constructed April Fools prank?

The fact that the article went to such great lengths to sell the hoax, is testament to a job well done!.

Well played Matt Markham. Well played indeed sir!

Yes Jack I was caught out by something on here that said that Terror To Love was going to race again.

If you were satisfied by it Jack and you knew it was a prank then comgrstulations.

I would prefer to be able to read items produced by HRNZ and beleive that they were true.