RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Racing84

Young dogs

11 hours ago, I know said:

Won't take me long at all. You will find them all on the website . And I will post after you and other prove the facts (names) of the dogs that have no longer raced because of there undeveloped frames . I await ..... Yes gary1 you posted wrong because you don't have a clue just trying to be smart but again you have failed such is life there are winners and then we'll you! 

where are all  those names i know,  i know one thing you a full of shite you have no idea at all ,     just change your name to        i know nothing

all the way do you agree with i knows statement        { And today there are dogs that start at 14 months old race over 200 times get to 5 years old racing 2/3 times a week are they an exception to your rule } im still waiting for him to point all these dogs out can you help him 

This topic has the highest amount of views on page one!

Obviously a subject some people feel very strongly about & rightly so.

Reading posts from Gary1 aquaman Flagship umberalles Joe blogs & the initial starter of this topic Racing84 all have passion for the greyhound.It just amazes me this barbaric practice is being condoned week after week and at what cost?

The way I read into this post and please correct me if I'm wrong this rule once came under the jurisdiction of GRNZ? And then it was relinquished back in the hands of the racing clubs? Racing clubs in general have one agenda and that's to make up fields for the TAB..more dogs means more turnover.

Great call GRNZ

Dont get me wrong I'm a great advocate of both the TAB & the punters who come with it..without them there's no greyhound industry! But don't tell me for a second the TAB are worried about your greyhound sitting out in your kennels whilst your attending a busted wrist or a dropped back muscle on a 14mth old pup!!!

As I wrote earlier this subject needs attending to now it's neglect at best a welfare issue that brings dire consequences with it.

Katy & Michael Haller (Wasup)

5 hours ago, Wasup said:

This topic has the highest amount of views on page one!

Obviously a subject some people feel very strongly about & rightly so.

Reading posts from Gary1 aquaman Flagship umberalles Joe blogs & the initial starter of this topic Racing84 all have passion for the greyhound.It just amazes me this barbaric practice is being condoned week after week and at what cost?

The way I read into this post and please correct me if I'm wrong this rule once came under the jurisdiction of GRNZ? And then it was relinquished back in the hands of the racing clubs? Racing clubs in general have one agenda and that's to make up fields for the TAB..more dogs means more turnover.

Great call GRNZ

Dont get me wrong I'm a great advocate of both the TAB & the punters who come with it..without them there's no greyhound industry! But don't tell me for a second the TAB are worried about your greyhound sitting out in your kennels whilst your attending a busted wrist or a dropped back muscle on a 14mth old pup!!!

As I wrote earlier this subject needs attending to now it's neglect at best a welfare issue that brings dire consequences with it.

Katy & Michael Haller (Wasup)

Racing clubs are made up of whom ? People within the industry , owners trainers, breeders , punters, members . Maybe the tab are not worried about this maybe they are. I'd say you are wrong with what you say about racing clubs having one agenda and that's "to make up fields for the tab" I'd say they are there for all within the industry 

20 minutes ago, I know said:

Racing clubs are made up of whom ? People within the industry , owners trainers, breeders , punters, members . Maybe the tab are not worried about this maybe they are. I'd say you are wrong with what you say about racing clubs having one agenda and that's "to make up fields for the tab" I'd say they are there for all within the industry 

I'm still waiting to be told the names of these dogs that start racing at 14 months and have 200 starts and get to race until they are 5 years old

38 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

I'm still waiting to be told the names of these dogs that start racing at 14 months and have 200 starts and get to race until they are 5 years old

And like I said you state the dogs that have started racing at 14 months that have not made it because " they started to early"  "because of there undeveloped frames " 

no I'm not joking , you said not many is that , not many dogs have been unable to complete their career because they "started to young and were undeveloped " I said name them and I will name the dogs that have, pretty simple really . 

that is not what I asked you

I asked you the names of the dogs that start racing at 14 months old and race until they are 5 years old with 200 starts to there names

now who are they as I think your full off it as you can't name one

4 hours ago, I know said:

no I'm not joking , you said not many is that , not many dogs have been unable to complete their career because they "started to young and were undeveloped " I said name them and I will name the dogs that have, pretty simple really . 

your full of shite i know you was the first asked to produce evidence you cant now i know why     i know

Why would I say, I can name them if I couldn't ? I asked you to back up the statements on here and as yet no one can . Do I say you are all full of it ? No I'm giving you the chance to reply 

27 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

you said there are dogs that start racing at 14 months old and race until they have had 200 starts and are 5 years old back your statement and name them

you know why you can't 

For the last time ! Why would I say their  are if their  were in fact not ? People were always going to ask who ,yes there are dogs that have but I am waiting for you and others to back up your statement remember I asked this question first but am still yet to get a reply why is that ? If can't be that hard or is it ?

15 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

What's wrong with you? why don't you ask any credible vet?. They haven't stopped developing IT DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD. You have to have some empathy for the animal that is the bread and butter of the industry. Would you say a 10 or 12 year old child is fully developed?

If they were not fit to race I would be the first to jump up and down . As I'm sure would the trainers . Other owners etc remember there is great costs involved. So now you are going to stop 10 and 12 year old children from racing ? Swimming running rowing cycling rugby soccer . 

right you never 

15 minutes ago, I know said:

For the last time ! Why would I say their  are if their  were in fact not ? People were always going to ask who ,yes there are dogs that have but I am waiting for you and others to back up your statement remember I asked this question first but am still yet to get a reply why is that ? If can't be that hard or is it ?

the reason   you can't name them is there are no dogs that started racing at 14 months had 200 starts and race until they are 5 years old

your other part of your response was not directed at me  so why would I answer

15 hours ago, I know said:

If they were not fit to race I would be the first to jump up and down . As I'm sure would the trainers . Other owners etc remember there is great costs involved. So now you are going to stop 10 and 12 year old children from racing ? Swimming running rowing cycling rugby soccer . 

unbelievable how can you compare kids to animalsnow listen i know im only going to say this once wasup put a well known vets advice on running dogs at 14 months grv did research into it   now if you want further proof ask all the trainers in aust what there opinions are ,you have had plenty of evidence against  running dogs at 14months   now front up with all your facts re the 200 start dogs my guess is you wont as you dont have any evidence  

16 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Humans have the ability to play/run to thier ability....greyhounds run flat out come what may, even keep going when Brocken down, humans don't do that! Those extra few months are the difference between a future and not seeing their 2nd birthday. Sure it may cost a bit extra but if your intentions are not to look after the animal that make the product you shouldn't be in the game.

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

unbelievable how can you compare kids to animalsnow listen i know im only going to say this once wasup put a well known vets advice on running dogs at 14 months grv did research into it   now if you want further proof ask all the trainers in aust what there opinions are ,you have had plenty of evidence against  running dogs at 14months   now front up with all your facts re the 200 start dogs my guess is you wont as you dont have any evidence  

I didn't flagship u . linked them to children . Where is grv research ? You only have to name one dog. 

Omg yes there is great cost so the care of the greyhound is the most important issue . So if the owner , trainer thinks the dog is 100% fit and ready to race then their is no problem ? Now I can see whys this thread is so long . 

16 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

That's right, the care of the greyhound, so waiting those few extra months is beneficial in the long run to the welfare of the dog and cost to owners through minimising injury...

Yes because all dogs that start at 18 months old are immune to injury and all dogs that start at 14 months old break down eventually right? These are some sweeping statements and I still see no evidence of this what so ever. If I recall, bright star was still winning races at 5 1/2 after a litter of pups and she started racing at 14 months

1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

Yes because all dogs that start at 18 months old are immune to injury and all dogs that start at 14 months old break down eventually right? These are some sweeping statements and I still see no evidence of this what so ever. If I recall, bright star was still winning races at 5 1/2 after a litter of pups and she started racing at 14 months

bright star started Racing at 15 months

bright star had six months off after having pups as well 

2 hours ago, I know said:

Omg yes there is great cost so the care of the greyhound is the most important issue . So if the owner , trainer thinks the dog is 100% fit and ready to race then their is no problem ? Now I can see whys this thread is so long . 

listen i know you have been called out the evidence has been put forward now stump up with your facts or dont bother  commenting any further my guess is you are the one that is starting all these 14month old dogs         why greed