RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rumpole

Auckland Cup day turnover

I enjoyed watching it from home in the late afternoon - early evening midweek but IT PROVES ONCE AND ALL that a midweek Cup just doesn't work. Even tinkering with traditional dates take forever to transplant to a new date and be successful, so leave well alone and concentrate on something that can make a difference like Race fields Legislation or any number of other things that can make a positive difference, not a negative one. 

Only seven races on the card this year.  I think it's an outdated measure anyway and fairly meaningless.  Apart from those people that ring Des on Sundays who would want to go to a window when all your bets can be placed on your phone?  

9 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Been to Specsavers Huey?

Have another read.

Got some specs now -Wow $15k , what a difference!

Wasn't that twice as much as your club did off 2 races? 

Shocking figures for a metro club anyway you look at it. 

Now whats your address so I can send these specs to you so you can have a good look at your track?

Are you being obtuse Huey.

Rumpole stated that they were DOWN $500K oncourse and you state "Wow good to see."

It isn't actually good to see from an industry perspective.

The first thing I would point out is the fact that only seven races were run instead of ten so you need to make an allowance for that.

48 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Are you being obtuse Huey.

Rumpole stated that they were DOWN $500K oncourse and you state "Wow good to see."

It isn't actually good to see from an industry perspective.

The first thing I would point out is the fact that only seven races were run instead of ten so you need to make an allowance for that.

7 or 10 races $15k is shocking oncourse figures. 

My apologies I misread the Auckland figs.

Letting the TAB have a monopoly so that it can offer shit odds and a crap product is half the problem.  Allow bookies on course and get a bit of competition.  NZ racing is boring and colourless, why would you bother with it?

7 hours ago, departed said:

Letting the TAB have a monopoly so that it can offer shit odds and a crap product is half the problem.  Allow bookies on course and get a bit of competition.  NZ racing is boring and colourless, why would you bother with it?

Don't know about that, watching Scapolo with Mount Maunganui on his back  nearly run down what looks to be a talented stayer in the making on Saturday and mare that looks like she could be a freak win the 3rd race at Tauranga seemed quite exciting and colourful to me!

7 hours ago, departed said:

Personally I think that is a tired old argument. I don't seriously believe oncourse bookies would attract anyone extra on course.

On 3/26/2017 at 8:15 AM, Huey said:

Got some specs now -Wow $15k , what a difference!

Wasn't that twice as much as your club did off 2 races? 

Shocking figures for a metro club anyway you look at it. 

Now whats your address so I can send these specs to you so you can have a good look at your track?

Mr Big Stuff will want them(CJC) shown the door

On 3/25/2017 at 8:08 AM, rumpole said:

According to the figure down over $500,000 on course

on the day

Wow amazing when on Trackside the presenters were saying the move to a twillight Thursday was such a success the club were thinking of making the move permanent!

On 3/27/2017 at 8:38 AM, We're Doomed said:

Personally I think that is a tired old argument. I don't seriously believe oncourse bookies would attract anyone extra on course.

Not sure about on course specifically, but it definitely is what the TAB need to help them get their act together. Jim Leach admitted as much to me about 20 years ago.