RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Hats off to Ginger Nuts

6 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Understood, i was only remarking on the basis of a mates conversation with me re Te Akau sales. FYG he was a part owner of Xtravagant and Smart and Sassy which have both been sold.

Since you seem to know a lot about what they were offfered for Gingernuts, what was the money that they got for Xtravagant and Smart and Sassy.

This would be good information to know for those of us still hoping to that "good one".

Liz

Based on the "talk" around Gingernuts you would have to think a horse like Tavidream was undersold unless he fetched $3-4mil given his age and versatility from 1400 to 2100 rather than just being an out-and out stayer. Far more options for Tavidream in Asia than for Gingernuts I would have thought, but then again not my money apparently on the table.

51 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

If he was sold for $3,000,000 then I think some of the syndicate members would be kindacross with the myriad of deductions from the gross sale price.

Quite seriously, as I am sure many people would find it quite interesting, what do you think the total deductions would be on a $3m sale?

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

Totally agree, so why all the pronouncements with big numbers about something that never even got close to happening!

It was it went to a vote and 50% did not want to sell so it was canned... they can talk about it...or is that not allowed either...when I knocked back 1M for mine I told everyone my partners were mad... so why can't they say they had an offer and it was turned down... plenty do so why can't TA??? Just because you don't like them???

Broker/Agent 10%, Trainer 10%, Syndicate manager 5-10%? and any "in-house" share off gross sale price in my experience so understandable that "newbies" loving the thrill may not want to get off the ride.

2 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Broker/Agent 10%, Trainer 10%, Syndicate manager 5-10%? and any "in-house" share off gross sale price in my experience so understandable that "newbies" loving the thrill may not want to get off the ride.

So even on your numbers they would have cleared more than 2M plus all the money he won to date would have been a good "ride " for 45K  or whatever they paid for him...let me on one of those rides any day.:D

4 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

It was it went to a vote and 50% did not want to sell so it was canned... they can talk about it...or is that not allowed either...when I knocked back 1M for mine I told everyone my partners were mad... so why can't they say they had an offer and it was turned down... plenty do so why can't TA??? Just because you don't like them???

You are the one saying it is none of our business, so why publicise any discussions. FYI, I am totally ambivalent about TA, have no unsatisfactory history with them, and believe they provide an excellent vehicle for many to be involved in racing.

Just now, chevy86 said:

You are the one saying it is none of our business, so why publicise any discussions. FYI, I am totally ambivalent about TA, have no unsatisfactory history with them, and believe they provide an excellent vehicle for many to be involved in racing.

Just correcting you by saying it was never going to happen...it was real.

11 hours ago, Insider said:

Since you seem to know a lot about what they were offfered for Gingernuts, what was the money that they got for Xtravagant and Smart and Sassy.

This would be good information to know for those of us still hoping to that "good one".

Liz

I do not know anything about Gingernuts offer etc and have never said anywhere that i did.

2.75 mio for Xtravagant and from memory 225,K for S and S. The latter may have been sold at auction over there

6 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I do not know anything about Gingernuts offer etc and have never said anywhere that i did.

2.75 mio for Xtravagant and from memory 225,K for S and S. The latter may have been sold at auction over there

I apologise Newmarket for getting it wrong and I thank you for the prices of the other two.

I didn't know that Sassy and Smart had been sold and was very interested in what a minor Stakes Winner with a temperamental problem was worth.  

For what it's worth that's about how I valued her too, so everyone should be happy, so long as two many middle men weren't involved. 

We all know the sensible decision would be to sell G-Nuts. So much uncertainty in racing. Sofia Rosa, Capella and Valley Girl were all top 3yr old fillies. Not one of them won a decent race at 4.

But racing people are not often rationale and those of us who love the game would rather have the interest than the cash.  

I see Gingernuts is being described in Aussie as the 'Kiwi Cult Horse'(or something like that).

He is obviously a very nice and very good horse but that sort of talk reminds me of the extreme hype that surrounded Xtravagent and if you build them up so high there is only one way  they can go.

He is not quite proven at the highest levels just yet.  Hopefully from NZ racing's and his owners point of view he will get there but in the interim keep a lid on expectations surely

On ‎05‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, Newmarket said:

One a colt/horse and the other a filly/mare so breeding potential.

Still like to know what the record is for a gelding sold out of NZ.

Very hard to get a true figure for top-priced sale Ted--there could be Maher/Waller(Glyn Schofield) type manager operating in NZ who has massaged the price of the top-selling individual. The industry is the breeding ground for bull-shitters.( Not everyone contaminated however/luckily). Even at the auctions you are getting discounts, kick-backs, dummy bids which distort the true sale price.

1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

Very hard to get a true figure for top-priced sale Ted--there could be Maher/Waller(Glyn Schofield) type manager operating in NZ who has massaged the price of the top-selling individual. The industry is the breeding ground for bull-shitters.( Not everyone contaminated however/luckily). Even at the auctions you are getting discounts, kick-backs, dummy bids which distort the true sale price.

You should just come out at be a bit more direct about the back room deals. They do happen but i suppose a social media forum is not the place to bring it up , or is it

37 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You should just come out at be a bit more direct about the back room deals. They do happen but i suppose a social media forum is not the place to bring it up , or is it

So where should I bring it up? Church? Citizens Advice Burea? Local supermarket?Golf Club?

Guest 2Admin2

What's this post got to do with Gingernuts?