RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Ellerslie track Cup Day

The forecast looks very average leading up to the weekend, be very interesting to see what sort of track we end up with? Some in there will appreciate the slow more than many.Thoughts?

Thoughts ?

Gumboots, maybe wetsuits, mallards will be effective if they run, frogs will populate the grandstand, tadpoles the lawn, this'll be gumbo swamp weather and it wouldn't surprise to see a whale stranding in the home straight ( not Glenda ) or a seal or two flapping around the birdcage, other than that it'll be nice, unless Max Key or Andrew Little turn up in which case drowning yourself will be a quite reasonable and easily executed option.

55 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

Gruff - be Gentil in the Snow ;)

Backed both of them this arvo Von, after trolling through past soft/heavy performances. GTT was at 10's F/O up till this morning.... now into 7's after track work this morning!!.

13 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Midget bit harsh on Andrew Little. I heard him speak at a meeting last week. No better or worse than the Dipton wonder boy.

The Ides Of March await him, Jacinda Brutus is sharpening her dagger, he is a charmless moron, devoid of panache and style, a charismatically bankrupt unionist only the Labour Party could elect.

The clock is ticking for him I'm afraid but it'll be a merciful release for all.

I hope he marries Max Key and they both fuck off, never to be seen or heard of again, particularly on our TV screens.

18 minutes ago, Midget said:

The Ides Of March await him, Jacinda Brutus is sharpening her dagger, he is a charmless moron, devoid of panache and style, a charismatically bankrupt unionist only the Labour Party could elect.

The clock is ticking for him I'm afraid but it'll be a merciful release for all.

I hope he marries Max Key and they both fuck off, never to be seen or heard of again, particularly on our TV screens.

And she offers exactly what Midget ? The darling of the younger set that has achieved precisely nothing....?? Has she ever had a job outside of the Pleasure Palace ?? Will get chewed up and spat out in the House......:wacko:

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

And she offers exactly what Midget ? The darling of the younger set that has achieved precisely nothing....?? Has she ever had a job outside of the Pleasure Palace ?? Will get chewed up and spat out in the House......:wacko:

Possibly,  but she's charming with charisma and rows of nice white teeth....and he's just boring.....excruciatingly so......he's on death row, waiting for the knock on the cell door

5 minutes ago, Midget said:

Possibly,  but she's charming with charisma and rows of nice white teeth....and he's just boring.....excruciatingly so......he's on death row, waiting for the knock on the cell door

Mmmm...I think she will need a little more than that a ) to be a leader, and b ) to run the country Midge.

Granted she is a little different to the usual Labour gargoyles, but a blow up doll is still a blow up doll.....;)

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Mmmm...I think she will need a little more than that a ) to be a leader, and b ) to run the country Midge.

Granted she is a little different to the usual Labour gargoyles, but a blow up doll is still a blow up doll.....;)

But she has no competition, he's thick, boring, all he ever does is criticise the Tories, he's reactive but never proactive, there's just nothing to like about a tired sour old loser from the union movement who's been warming the seat waiting for a decent leader like a Kirk or Lange to appear.

1 hour ago, Yir Tiz said:

Backed both of them this arvo Von, after trolling through past soft/heavy performances. GTT was at 10's F/O up till this morning.... now into 7's after track work this morning!!.

For the place?

3 minutes ago, puha said:

For the place?

Yes GTT at 10's, Snow at 5.50 , and may have a second look  at Marciano at 8.50. .... the question is the Oz raiders Weirs horse has not set the world on fire but they have engaged Colgan that's a plus, Pop n Scotch has staying firm but no real wet form hmmmm.

5 hours ago, Gruff said:

The forecast looks very average leading up to the weekend, be very interesting to see what sort of track we end up with? Some in there will appreciate the slow more than many.Thoughts?

Piece of shit track and they'll be getting home out wide.

We only had about an inch last night, and today looks ok, but tomorrow looks really dodgy with about 45-50 mls forecast.

Given that the ground is now wet that 50 mls will soak straight in however something pretty wet now looks inevitable ( if that 50 mls arrives, and you can't trust the Met Service in summer ).

Anyway my forecast is for a track resembling a "custard" ( and a custard is not an official meteorologist's term, it's actually a hybrid word, a combination of two naughty words, one of which is bastard ).

It's still three days away, it's $500,000, just line up and have a go for God's sake. How often in winter do you see a winning trainer saying "we didn't think he'd handle the ground."? You ain't in - you can't win.

Love that Midget is up there disparaging Max Key.

Take Max and his fashionista ilk away - including Midget's sis, no? - and I would suggest the Auckland Racing Club would struggle to draw a thousand people to what used to be THE race day of the year...

It used to be a raceday I would make sure I was in Auckland for. Not for MANY years though...