RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
porky

O.P ..GIGERNUTS...shut da gate

Hesi you are only dirty on it as you said it would not finish in the first half of the field. Good on them they got another nice horse. if they spruke them you give it to them for doing it, if they don't you give it to them for that too.... TA can't win either way.

Just now, hesi said:

Just an observation

Man you certainly don't like anyone saying anything bordering on even remotely negative towards TA, do they partially fund this site or something?

No not at all but they cop so much and mostly unwarranted shit from you and others, so I happen to think they are bloody good for the NZ industry and I am entitled to my opinion as are you....it shows how jealous many are in here of their success... 70 views and only two people can bring themselves to say well done on a good win... each to their own and yes I do give them a plug when I want to...and no they don't have any connection to the site whatsoever.... but David and his team put a hell of a lot into the industry in NZ and good on them for getting results....its not easy to do...no matter what some in here think....

4 minutes ago, hesi said:

I counted 4 positive comments, including mine

BS stopping a smart arse as usual... are you sure you are not a bitch... you always seem to want to have the last word... wow you must feel really special being able to correct everyone all the time.... i meant very few... sorry I forgot you are a policeman.....:rolleyes:

Jeez I can't see where there are any negatives here.

I was one of those that thought the Avondale Guineas was a fluke but today's run was superior and the sheer acceleration the horse showed was exhilarating.

How about we all just celebrate a good horse? If Te Akau own it well good on them.

It was a very good win, Gingernuts dunked them in the Derby!! and its refreshing to see a $42,500 RTR purchase, from a guy who bought the mare in foal for $3000 at the sales - the Derby is more in reach even if it was trained by "the" big stable.

The bookmakers wiped the floor in the Futures Market with Gingernuts being a late nomination and entered into the market at $8, which if you took some was OK, but what would he have paid if he was in before Avondale??

Just reading all of this again I'm struggling to work out what Hesi actually said to press your buttons Leigh. The observation that they kept Gingernuts quiet after all the bluster about Xtravagant is a pertinent one. Nowhere did I see Hesi actually bag Te Akau for the win.

You are always correct in saying that you own this site but honestly I think you overreacted to this one big time.

No offence intended at all in this post.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

BS stopping a smart arse as usual... are you sure you are not a bitch... you always seem to want to have the last word... wow you must feel really special being able to correct everyone all the time.... i meant very few... sorry I forgot you are a policeman.....:rolleyes:

Thought the same thing 

47 minutes ago, pete said:

Just reading all of this again I'm struggling to work out what Hesi actually said to press your buttons Leigh. The observation that they kept Gingernuts quiet after all the bluster about Xtravagant is a pertinent one. Nowhere did I see Hesi actually bag Te Akau for the win.

You are always correct in saying that you own this site but honestly I think you overreacted to this one big time.

No offence intended at all in this post.

No Pete, it is him all the time.... if TA talk one up they are rubbished... if they don't they are rubbished and he is only dirty because he said it would not run in the first half of the field......:D

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

Great win by GNuts and a great ride! The performance of Sacred Elixir proved to me once and for all that the VRC Derby can be a death knell .

I believe it is too soon for most... he just has not had time to get over it and come up...If he was mine he would be out in the paddock until the spring.

36 minutes ago, Trump said:

Great win by GNuts and a great ride! The performance of Sacred Elixir proved to me once and for all that the VRC Derby can be a death knell .

Bloody awful ride by Innes though Trumpy. He had no hope from back where he was. Bosson had Gingernuts ahead of midfield perfectly placed to make his move. SE made up a ton of ground and ended up 3.5l from the winner.

Innes didn't have a very good day actually. If he had ridden SE like he did Chenille, might have been different.

Credit where its due - GNuts is a better horse than I thought. Very good win.

Good decision by Ellis to get Steve Autridge back I reckon.

Agree that VRC Derby is too far, too early for lots of 3 yr olds. Some of the below kicked on but what happened to the rest?

What a great win,well done. Geezs that young Steve Autridge can train a horse aren't they just flying at the moment. I think Steve is a master at assessing where to place them and how to get the best from them. Jamie couldn't be with a better tutor and co trainer.Good on yer cobber!

11 hours ago, Trump said:

5th Sacred Elixir          Leith Innes

It was a good run.  We just rode him cold, they didn't go quick and it was a sprint home and he hit the line well.

I backed the Busuttin/Young-trained Rising Red which got topped off thanks to a brilliant ride by Opie and a good horse in Gingernuts of course. But no disgrace, a game effort, Redwood seems to have an early penchant for leaving stock (not progeny as many commentators and adverts for syndication keep calling the sons and daughters of sires) who can stay. I wish someone would tell these so-called experts that mares are "progenitors" and sires leave stock not progeny.