RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Dennis Quirke is back at head office

What do you have to do to get the arse at Petone ??

The good oil is ( please someone tell me it's not true ) that dirty Dennis Quirke, everyone's favourite handicapper ( it's only a rort if you're not in on it ) has scored a new job at head office setting the F/O for the neddies......you've got to love it if it's true......David Walsh can't get a job, nor can dozens of other worthy and valuable people who know a lot about racing, but "dirty Dennis" takes a short break, with a nice golden handshake, then walks straight back in the front door, back to very same pie warmer, and starts afresh.....,,thick skin or just another stinking rort ??

Two different organisations though!

From Handicapper at NZ Thorougbred Racing (NZTR) to the  Fixed Odds Dept of NZ Racing Board (NZRB also known as TAB). 

NZTR have a pie warmer in their cafeteria, NZRB/TAB don't. In the NZRB/TAB cafeteria they obviously have strawberries and cream etc based on their expenditure for the multitude on 100K+ salaries. 

Yes you go in the front door to get to the two different organisations in Petone, but that's as far as it goes. Greyhound Racing are in their too. I wonder what they have in their cafeteria? 

I'm just hoping someone is going to come on here and say it's not true.

It seems so bizarre that trainers and jockey's get rubbed out for relatively minor incidents, then Quirke does something outrageous, keeps his job for an extended period after transgressing, gets a golden handshake, takes a shot break, and is now ( said to be ) back in the fold, in the same building, setting odds on events that he can readily manipulate and use to his advantage.

4 hours ago, Insider said:

Two different organisations though!

From Handicapper at NZ Thorougbred Racing (NZTR) to the  Fixed Odds Dept of NZ Racing Board (NZRB also known as TAB). 

NZTR have a pie warmer in their cafeteria, NZRB/TAB don't. In the NZRB/TAB cafeteria they obviously have strawberries and cream etc based on their expenditure for the multitude on 100K+ salaries. 

Yes you go in the front door to get to the two different organisations in Petone, but that's as far as it goes. Greyhound Racing are in their too. I wonder what they have in their cafeteria? 

NZRB promote that they have the best coffee in town!

Judith Collins transgressions were infinitely greater than any to do with having a recreational bet. Yet she's back, Didn't totally lose her calling and having been my lawyer I could tell you much more but I doubt the censor would have the balls to let it thru.

Walker's and more particularly Macdonalds penalties are way over the top. THat should be the issue. Its a bit ironic the industry depends on betting but when someone has a flutter its a crime. Absurd. Two wrongs don't make a right. Putting pressure on the judiciary to be reasonable about Walker and Macdonald should be the focus rather than making complaints about penalties that are perceived lesser.

If this is correct,then heads must roll.

This is the guy that was caught betting and a successful punter as well.He did have an advantage as he was doing the Handicapping at the same time.Integrity Yeah Right.

This is parallel with David Walker who got 7 years,so how can this be possible,that Quirke gets another employment opportunity within Racing.

Rumpole,can you confirm the you negotiated a Golden handshake for Quirke?He should have been shown the door with nothing,as it was him and him alone that brought Racing into disrepute and showed a complete lack of Integrity.

I will wait to see what eventuates before i write to the Minister,as this cannot be correct.

SNR 

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Judith Collins transgressions were infinitely greater than any to do with having a recreational bet. Yet she's back, Didn't totally lose her calling and having been my lawyer I could tell you much more but I doubt the censor would have the balls to let it thru.

Walker's and more particularly Macdonalds penalties are way over the top. THat should be the issue. Its a bit ironic the industry depends on betting but when someone has a flutter its a crime. Absurd. Two wrongs don't make a right. Putting pressure on the judiciary to be reasonable about Walker and Macdonald should be the focus rather than making complaints about penalties that are perceived lesser.

Bizarre interpretation there SD.

Quirke was the senior handicapper presiding over races that he could directly influence ( it's irrelevant whether he did orchestrate events, it matters only that he could have ), and he chose to blatantly breach the rules of racing multiple times, in a manner that suggested he had an addiction related illness, and in doing do he undermined the integrity of NZ racing, extraordinarily he received a significant golden handshake, he's hardly had time for a nice holiday in the Pacific islands, and here he is employed again under the exact same roof, doing a job that could enable him to potentially orchestrate events for pecuniary advantage.

Here's a wee thought for your simple mind, what happens when you put a fox in a hen house, or a rabbit in a lettuce patch ?

33 minutes ago, MrBigStuff said:

Dennis was naughty but nobody is perfect. We all should get a chance other than people that take the lives of others. His crime was hardly that of the century 

David Walker got seven fucking years, David Walker's wife got seven fucking years, David Walker's children got seven fucking years, David Walker did not influence the outcome of a race other than the performance of the one horse he rode himself.

Where's the justice ??

18 hours ago, Midget said:

What do you have to do to get the arse at Petone ??

The good oil is ( please someone tell me it's not true ) that dirty Dennis Quirke, everyone's favourite handicapper ( it's only a rort if you're not in on it ) has scored a new job at head office setting the F/O for the neddies......you've got to love it if it's true......David Walsh can't get a job, nor can dozens of other worthy and valuable people who know a lot about racing, but "dirty Dennis" takes a short break, with a nice golden handshake, then walks straight back in the front door, back to very same pie warmer, and starts afresh.....,,thick skin or just another stinking rort ??

They wont give people ( David Walsh) within the industry a job as they know too much and could reveal HQ Petone for their totally inadequacies... Am surprised one of our leading ex jockeys got in there !! 

18 minutes ago, Midget said:

David Walker got seven fucking years, David Walker's wife got seven fucking years, David Walker's children got seven fucking years, David Walker did not influence the outcome of a race other than the performance of the one horse he rode himself.

Where's the justice ??

I have a slightly different slant on this.

I had a bet on the horse that David Walker rode when he deliberately lost that H2H contest.  Me and a bunch of other punters did our dough cold directly as a result of David Walker's actions.  

Dennis Quirke's actions, while corrupt, didn't directly cost me as a punter.  He may have weighted some horses inappropriately, but if he did, I knew the weight before I put my bet on.  

I'm not condoning Dennis Quirke's actions - he breached the rules and should do the time, but I don't agree that what he did was worse than what David Walker did.

8 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

I have a slightly different slant on this.

I had a bet on the horse that David Walker rode when he deliberately lost that H2H contest.  Me and a bunch of other punters did our dough cold directly as a result of David Walker's actions.  

Dennis Quirke's actions, while corrupt, didn't directly cost me as a punter.  He may have weighted some horses inappropriately, but if he did, I knew the weight before I put my bet on.  

I'm not condoning Dennis Quirke's actions - he breached the rules and should do the time, but I don't agree that what he did was worse than what David Walker did.

Not sure I said it was worse or better, other than that I implied a salaried member of staff working at head office should have been expected to behave in an exemplary fashion that stood microscopic scrutiny.

I also mentioned the word justice....a licencee and his entire family got seven years penalty ( effectively a life time ban because no one comes back after seven years ) yet Quirke has effectively gone unpunished, with a golden handshake to boot, and to rub our noses in it he's been re-employed under the same roof.

How do you think David Walker's friends, kids, and family feel ? It's a disgrace but it emphasizes yet again the contempt head office has for licencees, those who put on the show, and their rights to earn a fair living from the game.

Does anyone know if this story is even true ?

i mean it's so outrageous, so bizarre, I cannot believe it and I'm hoping someone from head office will come on here and say it's just an early April Fool's joke.

Please tell me so......

2 minutes ago, Midget said:

Does anyone know if this story is even true ?

Didn't you start this story?  What was the good oil?  Or is this a case of JNR starting the rumour and SNR questioning it (or vice versa).

Its getting harder to tell the difference because SNR's grammar and general literacy seem to be improving.

1 minute ago, N1MUE said:

Didn't you start this story?  What was the good oil?  Or is this a case of JNR starting the rumour and SNR questioning it (or vice versa).

Its getting harder to tell the difference because SNR's grammar and general literacy seem to be improving.

I started the thread after a tip off from within the confines of head office, I asked in the opening sentence to "please someone tell me it's not true " because I'm hoping it's not, it's so offensive, so bizarre & so outrageous I'm hoping someone will say it's just a wind up, just a joke.

Have I not made that clear on numerous occasions ( about 20 times ) or are you illiterate ?

8 minutes ago, Midget said:

I started the thread after a tip off from within the confines of head office, I asked in the opening sentence to "please someone tell me it's not true " because I'm hoping it's not, it's so offensive, so bizarre & so outrageous I'm hoping someone will say it's just a wind up, just a joke.

Have I not made that clear on numerous occasions ( about 20 times ) or are you illiterate ?

Ah its definitely junior - love your work :)

3 minutes ago, Fredd002 said:

Midget I believe he started on Monday 

Any idea who employed him or if they did background checks on him ??

Also what's he set the odds on tomorrow ? and what's he backing himself on the quiet ?

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

How in the hell could he possibly be back employed there... what will be the answer from John Allen..its a disgrace if he is back there in any position.

Another question for Midget to ask at tomorrows meeting....