RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jeepers

He's Remarkable;

I see this stallion is having his first runner today at Waikato in the 2yo event. I note of those that have trialed many seem to have been placed yet I would have thought they won't make 2yos.

Has anyone had experience with progeny by this stallion? They look good types from what I have seen at the sales yet they haven't fetched big money. What do others think?

Breeder's are obviously now in the 'wait and see' stage with him now, only served 38 mares last spring after averaging an ok 70 mares (for a stallion with his profile) for his first 3 seasons

Definitely a "wait and see". Pentire has no history of siring successful stallions as yet. He won't have the cream of mares so will have to "do it on his own merits". He isn't a stallion I would send a mare to (personal opinion only) - couldn't win a GP1 in NZ, and only won a GP3 in Oz. Plus was unplaced in half of his 22 races. The studs always gloss over how many unplaced races their stallions have - I wonder why!. Anyway, all the best for Mapperley, as Pentire has been a great stallion and it would be nice to see his sire line successfully continue. 

I saw him "win " the GP1 in Perth against a very good field and as we all know he lost the race in one of the most disgusting travesty's I have ever seen in Racing in my lifetime.

I do think you are right though it's a now wait and see. I do think he may have been a better horse than Xtravagant and what a great female line.

He nearly got one at Avondale last week also,Go for Dough.if didn't have to go wide on the turn it should have won.

I see he also had a trial winner a few weeks back in NZ. Time may be all they need especially being by Pentire from a Zabeel mare.

Damn! I missed that one at Armidale and I've been waiting for it as it won a trial impressively a while back.

On 3/3/2017 at 6:00 PM, jeepers said:

I saw him "win " the GP1 in Perth against a very good field and as we all know he lost the race in one of the most disgusting travesty's I have ever seen in Racing in my lifetime.

I do think you are right though it's a now wait and see. I do think he may have been a better horse than Xtravagant and what a great female line.

Relegation was fair jeepers. Best horse on the day was the eventual winner unfortunately.The ready to run last year there was a Alamosa/ Awesome gelding Moroney purchased for 38k Mark Lupton trains it, looks the real deal