RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Kawi- Another Rider

59 minutes ago, BruceL said:

Very interesting, Leith has ridden him to win 5 Group 1's? And is now overlooked! Hard to work that out as he is known to be such a difficult ride!

I would call it bizarre but then again its Big Red's call and its his only decent horse at present

1 minute ago, scooby3051 said:

Maybe its as simple as Leith was never going there and he had commitments at Matamata..... why does it have to be a big story??

Not the case from what I have been told. Waddell was chosen 

33 minutes ago, BruceL said:

Not the case from what I have been told. Waddell was chosen 

So its their horse... they can choose whoever they want on it... I heard that Walker was chosen as he settled better for him than Leith... maybe they are looking for someone who gets along with him better...but its their choice.

2 hours ago, BruceL said:

Of course it's the owners/trainers choice, only comment I made was that it's hard to work out that Leith was overlooked when he has won 5 G1's on the horse! I think that's getting on pretty good!, but quite rightly is their choice!

No need to get all defensive! Just a comment!

No I was more meaning Newmarket trying to make a story out of the decision to replace Leith... they don't have to choose him...just saying its their choice...cheers.

Wouldn't Leith be at Matamata because he's retained by Brendan and Jo Lindsay and has three rides at MM for them ?

Anyway Kawi is such a prick to ride I doubt any jockey would bother getting too excited if they put someone else on, I mean he's a good horse but riding him would be like having to shag your own wife when she's got PMT and a migraine, you're far better off letting some other mug do it and having a "hop on" something else that knows how to behave.

21 minutes ago, Midget said:

Wouldn't Leith be at Matamata because he's retained by Brendan and Jo Lindsay and has three rides at MM for them ?

Anyway Kawi is such a prick to ride I doubt any jockey would bother getting too excited if they put someone else on, I mean he's a good horse but riding him would be like having to shag your own wife when she's got PMT and a migraine, you're far better off letting some other mug do it and having a "hop on" something else that knows how to behave.

IMG_2097.JPG

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Mate the latest is that the 2 have had a wee tiff. Good luck to all concerned

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

No I was more meaning Newmarket trying to make a story out of the decision to replace Leith... they don't have to choose him...just saying its their choice...cheers.

Fair call, definitely a topic worth discussing though for sure  , but absolutely it is the owners/trainers right to make the call they feel is best!

15 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

With all due respect im not making anything up or story as you put it. Simply stating the facts, Kawi has a new jockey, previous jocks are not impressed and responding to an earlier reply " I would call it bizarre but then again its Big Red's call  "

15 hours ago, Midget said:

Tasmania or somewhere a bit less competitive ?

Haha, only you would come out with that. I  was talking to one of his longtime owners about this recently and proffered the opinion that NSW racing had far more to offer than Victoria, especially if he was going to relocate at that cold miserable place called Ballarat. He was in full agreement. Still its his call and we should be all wishing him the best of luck with his new venture.

Don't you think the horse has had far too many column inches though ?

He needs to just get on with the job, show that he's got a decent attitude and that he's genuine instead of all the bullshit about how good he is at home.

Auckland gyms are chock full of blokes who work out brilliantly, they look fabulous if you're into  that shit ( literally ) but they've got hearts the size of brussel sprouts and they're usually homos ( the ones who're not openly into "team rainbow" are usually "all rounders" living deep in a closet in Ponsonby ).

I've got Kawi in that category, looks like Tarzan, trains like Tarzan, races like Jane, when Jane has a bad case of PMT.

He won't make it in Ozz, they'll just bully him and he'll do what imposters do, lay down with a saucer of milk and a big white flag.