RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Kawi- Another Rider

3 hours ago, Insider said:

I have read that Michael Walker in out indefinitely with health issues. 

I am not surprised looking at how he missed the start at Te Rapa on Kawi last start.  Did AS give him a good tune up after ?? 

11 minutes ago, Midget said:

Don't you think the horse has had far too many column inches though ?

He needs to just get on with the job, show that he's got a decent attitude and that he's genuine instead of all the bullshit about how good he is at home.

Auckland gyms are chock full of blokes who work out brilliantly, they look fabulous if you're into  that shit ( literally ) but they've got hearts the size of brussel sprouts and they're usually homos ( the ones who're not openly into "team rainbow" are usually "all rounders" living deep in a closet in Ponsonby ).

I've got Kawi in that category, looks like Tarzan, trains like Tarzan, races like Jane, when Jane has a bad case of PMT.

He won't make it in Ozz, they'll just bully him and he'll do what poofters do, lay down with a saucer of milk and a big white flag.

Yeah your'e right they shouldn't give a 5 x G1 winning horse column inches in NZ , there are so many of them racing around in NZ racing at the moment they should just be writing about all those other top class horses. 

Outstanding horse , who is a joy to watch when he lets down.

Wins this weekend for mine.

I had a interesting conversation with my uncle yesterday on this horse, how would he stack up against the better ones in aussie.  My uncle being a former trainer, and trained a few handy ones including a group 1 winner said that that trip to perth could be the making of him.

He pointed out that the heat and travel take a fair bit out of the horse, and sometimes once they come back home from a good trip away, they come back a more serious horse (not saying he wasn't a serious horse, but was he at his absolute best in perth)

it will probably be another easy win at ellerslie next, I think when he goes to Sydney or im guessing probably Brisbane, we will see his go better in aussie next time round.

He'd have to run to his absolute best to win at Ellerslie wouldn't he ?

VSB would handle him no problem I'd have thought, mind you Waddell might be the answer because he did behave and travel very sweetly for him the other day.

Big step up though from that Oraki race......a very big step up.....

26 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

With JW now out suspended Big Red has another call to make re Kawi's rider this week. Choices in no particular order 2 plus 3 ,Blake Shin , Parkes again or lisa. Amazed the TAB have not opened a market

Parkes would be odds on wouldn't he NM..??  Would be his only ride however...

If it stays Heavy, doubt he will run.

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Parkes would be odds on wouldn't he NM..??  Would be his only ride however...

If it stays Heavy, doubt he will run.

He won't run because he's not brave enough for a decent contest.

He handles the wet as well as any other summer horse, and outside of Sofia Rosa and Authentic Paddy there are no wet trackers in there and thus they're all in the same boat.

Kawi will wimp out though because he's unreliable against decent horses, and they like to pick the low hanging fruit with him, and  bully the average provincial horses because they know they can. That usually means he only wins in the CD  the Bay, Trentham, Awapuni etc...

He did win a canter and sprint affair at Ellerslie of course, a 2.04 mile and a quarter dash up the straight home sort of an affair, but these horses Thursday can run a 2000m race in two minutes flat, and the faint hearted Kawi doesn't like that.

As I've said before, he looks like Tarzan but he runs like Jane and he'd be better suited if they were running him in The Hero Parade down Ponsonby Road than the Bonecrusher at Ellerslie.

Just my opinion of course, and I can't wait for Thursday.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

He won't run because he's not brave enough for a decent contest.

He handles the wet as well as any other summer horse, and outside of Sofia Rosa and Authentic Paddy there are no wet trackers in there and thus they're all in the same boat.

Kawi will wimp out though because he's unreliable against decent horses, and they like to pick the low hanging fruit with him, and  bully the average provincial horses because they know they can. That usually means he only wins in the CD  the Bay, Trentham, Awapuni etc...

He did win a canter and sprint affair at Ellerslie of course, a 2.04 mile and a quarter dash up the straight home sort of an affair, but these horses Thursday can run a 2000m race in two minutes flat, and the faint hearted Kawi doesn't like that.

As I've said before, he looks like Tarzan but he runs like Jane and he'd be better suited if they were running him in The Hero Parade down Ponsonby Road than the Bonecrusher at Ellerslie.

Just my opinion of course, and I can't wait for Thursday.

Lizzy L'Amour-  is a wet tracker (well has won on a slow), plenty of upside and Sydney beckons. Can sit on pace.

Canter sprint is a regular at "headquarters" and AP and pope will probaly make it another

1 hour ago, MiDeBo Racing said:

6 Group 1's.............

At the lesser venues, usually just around the CD, he's been well placed indeed but he always fades when confronted with top class international quality horses, in fact he lay down in Perth when confronted with third rate West Australian horses.

Ask yourself one question, would you back him in a Cox Plate, and if they didn't know how faint hearted he is why haven't they run him in that event ?

1 hour ago, LOANCRUSHER said:

Lizzy L'Amour-  is a wet tracker (well has won on a slow), plenty of upside and Sydney beckons. Can sit on pace.

Canter sprint is a regular at "headquarters" and AP and pope will probaly make it another

Lizzy....seriously ? She's a nice horse with some upside as a handicapper, as is Von Tunzelman, but this is a massive step up to a WFA event against the countries best, even if the playing field will be leveled by what's certain to be a sticky track.

I've got Sofia Rosa winning by 5+ although I'd love to see Authentic Paddy get a well deserved G1.

For those who have seen it.

"

Allan Sharrock wasn’t holding back in the wake of the decision to rule Jason Waddell out of Thursday’s meeting at Ellerslie.

The New Plymouth trainer was left seething by the outcome of today’s Judicial Control Authority (JCA) meeting, which deemed Waddell could not fulfil his original engagements from Saturday.

Among them was the Sharrock-trained Kawi in the Gr. 1 Bonecrusher New Zealand Stakes.

“It’s a disgrace – it’s punished all the owners, and not just mine, but all of them who Jason Waddell was going to ride for,” Sharrock said. “Surely common sense should have prevailed and they gave him dispensation to ride.

“I finally got a rider to gel with my horse and I’ve only had him for one start.”

Sharrock was referring to Waddell’s first ride on Kawi, which resulted in a victory in last month’s Gr. 1 Haunui Farm WFA Classic.

He has yet to confirm a replacement jockey – “I’m just going to have to have another think about it,” Sharrock said. 

The JCA said they had considered the request that Waddell be permitted to ride at the rescheduled meeting, but it couldn’t be met as the Rules of Racing do not provide for a review or recall of a judicial committee’s decision under these circumstances.

Big Al's losing it bigtime now making comments like those underlined above.

Won't matter a jot, he won't run because they're frightened of getting a bloody good beating.

They only pick the low hanging fruit with him but ( at risk of mixing too many metaphors ) this is pissing with the big dogs and they don't like doing that.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

I've got Sofia Rosa winning by 5+ although I'd love to see Authentic Paddy get a well deserved G1.

Sofia Rosa not running , going to Sydney for the Ranvet. Ellerslie just an insurance policy now