RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
final luca

mataura garden beds

a year or so ago gore district council tried sand bags out side some houses as a way to stop speeding.. they took those away because of locals rejecting the project..

they sent a notice in the letter box that garden beds would soon be placed at different spots along main st, Mataura as part of a beautification project and an attempt to stop speeding...

last week we had one of these garden beds placed out side our house, we were not asked if we would like it, and having only within the last 10 months brought the house have never been advised this was to happen.. council claims it was in the ensign and there was a local meeting about this..

also to be placed soon are speed humps...  the garden beds are 3 meters out from the curb. and the speed humps are going between the curb and the garden beds.. to my knowledge since we have lived there, no one has speed along that part of the road.. on the actual highway  , yes, all day every day...I've even had a speeding ticket recently, 55 k in a 50 k area.. $30 fine.. my bad.  but this garden bed.. mmmmm is massive, and our house has 2 driveways... one is in every day use, the other , leads to another entrance to our garage, I am in the middle of removing trees etc and have not used that drive but it is  something that will be happening  in a month or two... the garden bed completely cover the access to the drive coming south... wife rang council and asked the question and they were coming out to see her, rang half hour later and couldn't make it, she has rang them and no reply...better for them to deal with her (soft) than with me... i'd rip their hearts out... lol.not many residents are happy about these garden beds .. council has just over ridden what the rate payers in main street are saying and gone ahead with the project.. next door neighbour attended meeting and told wfe on weekend not many people attended it.. most were from council or lived in streets not effected  by these garden beds.. it seems it was placed in the  ensign,  in small print  .hidden away  were unless you read full article you missed it...and most likely on another page.

for those of you that live down this way  you may have sighted these garden beds .. what do you guys think.. over reaction or are they hideous...and blocking the drive...  council bloke arrives in small council car, reversed car into 2nd driveway, with great trouble. drives out, drives off.. could not see the problem..

i'm hopeless at reversing trailers, so I see a problem for me.. fella  over the road drives milk tankers/trucks. parked inside the 3 meter  zone, when  he went to drive off ran over garden bed. watched this morning the rubbish pick up.. tight but he managed it .. once speed humps go in could be different...

for me.. these garden beds are a complete waste of rate payer money. and if they want to beautify Mataura, they would be better off bulldozing the whole town.

will try and put pictures up, but is from and including the railway station  both sides of the road heading towards Invercargill ,(south end of main street)...

Just of note: the bed by railway station also consists of a new zebra crossing, it has had the concrete broken, the dirt ridden on as have most of the beds, cars or trucks have gone over a couple , for some reason the one out side my house has gone un-touched much to my disgust. But that will change once the plants are put in by council... :)  I was going to attend the community ward meeting last night but the war department had me picking  up something she had brought on line .. deliberate attempt by her to keep me away and out of trouble I guess.but I have a list of all their meetings and will be attending    most of them.. also the chairman of the community board was at the Mataura community gardens in kana street on Saturday morning, must have been having his 5 cents worth about  our return article some one yelled out to him ..here he is alan come tell him your self.. he took one look at me and drove off..mmmmmmmm i'm 5'2 and he must be about 6'7.

well alan taylor.. i'm still big enough to get in your face, be different from putting down a woman won't it. so there is my undate .. will try and get pictures up soon.

this is the best I can do..  the garden beds are approx. 3 meters out from the curb, and in between them  (curb and gardens) will soon be placed speed pumps. were cars park on the side of the road, the fella over the road comes home and parks his truck and trailer , with great problems every night. more and more damage are being sighted each day.. and from what I see it is from locals that have just been totally  blind sided by the council and community board.. as though the rate payer and the people just do not matter. :)

WIN_20170308_19_12_19_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170308_19_12_50_Pro.jpg

this week they have started to lay the speed bumps,

for  me they are in the wrong place and not needed...

they have not as yet done the one out side my house..

they are watching me from a distance though...

every day I've parked a car out on the side of the

road,right were they intend to put these speed bumps..

no doubt, when I am not at home and a car is not parked there they will erect this speed

bump.

I will be digging it up, as they seem to be in parts, and look an easy  remove...

will put some pictures up when I take some.

they put in the speed bumps yesterday...

this is so stupid...

told the workers putting them in , to make sure they are in real good .

I will at some time remove them...

they did  a bit of a hash job, so won't be hard to remove..

of course they will know   who did it.

but thems the breaks :).

had to laugh , GDC, had a couple of their   garden workers, walking up the road, spraying these garden beds.

they did tell us that we would see weeds  etc growing, so far no weeds, but the beds seem to attract a strange 

unexplained reaction..phenomenon .

it's called, car,truck,bicycle, dog symdrome.. but for all this, my garden bed has gone basically untouched

except for someone  stuffing and empty wine bottle in it.... wasn't me... wasn't my type of wine..

the concrete  that they used is cracking... I don't know if that is because they used substandard concrete.

or the heavy artic trucks and 4wd's running over them..

and still council ,community board  and nz highways   continue to pat each another on the back for a job well done...

the war department and myself seem to be the only people that are saying/doing anything like protesting. other people seem to be scared

to ruffle the council's feathers.. me, i'm bidding my time... something will happen  just not when the GDC think it will.

oh and yep, i'm that good they won't even know it was me...  i'll be  very surprised if anything grows in my garden bed....

they may have to replace the soil :)

It must've been a great night in Mataura last night...

some one decided to take on, one of  Mataura's fancy garden beds and lost out big time.

they must've ripped the sump open, spun out and went into this ladies fence, across her lawn and into the neighbour's side fence.

with a trail of oil leading from the sump into were it came to rest.

either they did not see the garden bed , were drunk or were acting the goat... I told the council something like this would happen but then what do I know? Plants have not even gone into these things and they are getting totalled...

think they really need to have a rethink before some one gets killed. . .. don't you love it when you way of thinking  makes you look good :)

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:20 AM, final luca said:

i'll be  very surprised if anything grows in my garden bed....

Graham, it will grow if you plant your own stuff in them. We have two, dividing the entrance to our Cul-de-Sac,and the council have been no where to be seen in 5yrs to maintain them. So I took it upon myself some time ago (I live on the corner right opposite them), to plant flaxes, grasses etc and some native trees that  eventually will get big enough to block the entrance to the street. Three years on they are coming along well, and still no sign of council, although my street neighbors comment on how nice it looks.:)

May I suggest planting some ( you know what) in them and watching the fun start. Of course you can always plead ignorance, as they are not on your property.

Just a thought

I'd be doing my neighbour out of business.. he  use to live in house we brought and only moved next door, and all his mates /customers keep coming to our house for their fix... I got  so pissed off,  I put my old taxi united uniform on, same as police uniform , even got lapels.. and man did I see some  of his customers turn white as a ghost. Have not had any one banging on my door for that stuff for about 5  months now.. think they all got the message.

as for the gardens... our house hold do not want them, as do many of the rate payers in main street..

the smash the other night is only an example of what can happen. That the council did not take into consideration...

but I had considered putting plants of my choice in it but past exercise  tell's  me. the council will just dig them out and replant...

we may have lost the battle but the  war is far from over.. I will sit, I will watch and I will piss myself laughing at GDC and the community board... when all blows up in their faces.. :)

up date on smash..

it appears, this was done by a 26 year old, local Mataura man

that was pissed.

gone over the garden bed, leaking oil from the sump. destroying a fence,

into another fence and property and into a third fence.

the driver fleed the seen , but was caught soon after, with a high over the limit

breath test...

this will be a trying time for this young man, I think he may had been shagging a local sheep

however this has not been confirmed by the police, who are still sniffing around the car.

there is one garden bed on main street, that has had no plants put into it..

it seems  this one garden is having problems...

it seems to be sagging in the middle, yep, sinking.

today they had a digger here, digging by the looks of things deeper than the depth of the garden bed..

I think it may be a pipe broken underneath . we will know in a day or two, via the local papers... ,

but seems as though they are going to fix , whatever  the problem is, at this stage I have no idea if they will keep the garden bed..

and yes yet another G/bed has  had a taste of a truck tyre  run over it..

I've lost count now many have had this done, and the council seems happy enough to come along and put it all back.

the way it was again.... oh well I guess it is keeping council workers employed...giving them heaps of work to do.

not counting the close calls with traffic trying to avoid, ambulances/fire engines and police cars screaming along the road.

everything is just dandy.. yeah right.

well don't you just love it when  you are proved right...

went to mail box this morning, and noticed water leaking from the road...

a tyre inprint on the actual road  with water trekking down towards the gutter. now

water doesn't go up hill (does it?)  and as the council has had minor issues with water issues in and

around the garden bed, and with the issues of the garden bed further up the road one must ask

questions of what the hell is going on...

me I like it when I am right about stuff like this as i'm not usally right about much..

rang council after we took some photo's of the leakage/damage. they will be attending to the fault when workmen are available.

pointed out ..  water is aa valuable resource. and I thought this was worthy of   urgent attention. they will be here some time today... that was 1 1/2 hours ago..

they most likely have gone to lunch first... need not expect us to pay for anything  it is well on their side of responsabillity.

been a couple of weeks since council was informed about damage out side  our house and with trucks and cars

using that part of the road the damage has doubled in size and the damage  yet to be attended to.

this is  a total disgrace as possibilly hundreds of litres of water has gone down the drain..

it is very similar stuff we all seen during CHCH, earthquake, sandy slug, with water coming out of small blow holes...

it  really angers me that it has gone so long with out being attended to... what the hell are we paying these fools rates for?

G.D.C workers came and dug up road frontage    in front of my house... they were only there for 3 hours.  worked for 1 hour  tea break and then they disappeared  into gore for gravel to fill in the hole.

the job they did was    SUB standard,  and with heavy snow/rain will open up again..

for now the water leakage has gone but my guess is  with heavy trucks that use  the inner part of that road  ,

the leaks will reappear.

and I just hope with the job they did, that it is a temporary measure and they will be back to finis the job correctly.

some people in this area might remember just out side gore race track  a few years back some road works that for

some reason took  numerous attempts to get right.. I just hope this work out side is not  done  by the same workmen...

or I will be back in their face again.  and the medias.

beautification project by the Mataura  alliance meat works,    could cost $155,000.00

the community board members meet last week to discuss the proposal to install 31 garden  plots,

at a cost of about $5,000 a plot.

in the alliance  group Mataura plant  carpark,

for me this is not beautification, as a plot will be set, every 9th carkpark,  the cost could well be spent in other areas

of the community,  this is just a face for a dump of  a town. a bit like brazils Olympics were they hid , the rough diamonds from the media.

at $ 5000 a plot this is disgusting.. and who ever comes up with these ideas,well in my view they are totally senior citizen, and need to be put out to pasture.