RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

Unbeknown

What the hell is going on with the greyhound code

Looks like Punters are being mislead when  you see a dog trained by someone in the racebook and at the TAB

Then you check the results and it had a new trainer

This is misleading the public. you greyhound code deserve to be running around for chicken feed  if the integrity of the racing is average

Why is a greyhound racing when publications dont have the changes

Imagine the uproar if M purdon took over the training of a horse , and it went out and won, and the publications are wrong

Gees Jim Bob, running around for chicken feed huh.

If it wasn't for us greyhound code your horse codes (both of them) would be running around for litres of diesel to get home from the races.

Jimbob is right it matters not what the rest of the codes are running for. In todays electronic age the situation is just not good enough. I did not see or hear the race but did the commentator bring the facts to the attention of those listening or was he also in the dark?

It is probably covered under a rule somewhere about misleading the public, maybe the RIU should be doing something worthwhile for a change.

12 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Not dogs fault paperwork not  up to date. Silly comment to make IMO

Its not about the dog, its all about the punter. Thought you would realise that, especially as you are a punter. Silly comment to make.

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

Its not about the dog, its all about the punter. Thought you would realise that, especially as you are a punter. Silly comment to make.

So you agree scratch the dog John due to a f*** up with either the TAB or NZGRA. Put your trainer hat on and tell me you would be happy for your dog to be scratched if TAB didn't show you as trainer due to a stuff up outside the trainers control.  I'm sure I would hear you from here in Dunedin and it wouldn't be nice words.  Yes punters need to get right info though.

With my trainers hat on, i wouldn't like it, but i would except it, because i always argue for the greater good, unlike most on here, who only think of themselves. I actually realise that stake money comes from punters, and without punters there would be nothing to race for other than ribbons.

In my book, the punter comes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. We the owners and trainers come 2nd to the punter. Bless the punter, for it is he and she that put food on the table, end of story.

14 minutes ago, aquaman said:

In my book, the punter comes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. We the owners and trainers come 2nd to the punter. Bless the punter, for it is he and she that put food on the table, end of story.

The labels punter, owner and trainer are not mutually exclusive. Most owners and trainers are also punters, and often substantial contributors in that domain whereas those who" punt only' are taking a lend of those that provide the forum for them to gamble. So your "grading of contribution" argument is flawed. All are equally important, along with the jockeys.

So if this is the case, next time a jockey is hurt at the track and cant ride for the rest of the day, all his/her's horses they are riding should be scratched as the punter doesnt have the right info. Same goes for the trotts where horses starting position can change if they play up (how is this fair to the punter at all). It happens in all codes so dont know why anyone would point this particular incident out in greyhounds when the punter comes of second best in all 3 codes 

Just for your info Jimbob, all the relevant paperwork was  sent to NzGRA by me and the previous trainer surely it's not our fault if change of trainer hasn't been updated. I agree it's slack that the details weren't changed in the Tab and the racebook but Peter Early did announce it numerous times throughout the meeting.

Carolyn

1 hour ago, bunyarra said:

Just for your info Jimbob, all the relevant paperwork was  sent to NzGRA by me and the previous trainer surely it's not our fault if change of trainer hasn't been updated. I agree it's slack that the details weren't changed in the Tab and the racebook but Peter Early did announce it numerous times throughout the meeting.

Carolyn

Not that you needed to answer to them but thanks for your explanation showing trainer not to blame 

23 hours ago, bunyarra said:

Carolyn

Nothing to do with you at all Carolyn. Punters walking into the TAB cant rely on the commentator to mention a change of trainer. If the assn let a dog start with the wrong information published (in print) then they are bringing  racing into disrepute . I question  the integrity of this organisation in regards to this. And a full investigation should be carried out by the RIU. and looking into the betting into this race

35 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Nothing to do with you at all Carolyn. Punters walking into the TAB cant rely on the commentator to mention a change of trainer. If the assn let a dog start with the wrong information published (in print) then they are bringing  racing into disrepute . I question  the integrity of this organisation in regards to this. And a full investigation should be carried out by the RIU. and looking into the betting into this race

Maybe when they do the same for every other code. Than I'd agree