RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

New low at Te Rapa

15 minutes ago, barryb said:

Low today was the destroying of Naadirr, sad to see anyway, but shit sake they could have done a better job of it ffs.

When it got the needle it reared over backwards and was in full view of the public kicking its last bits of life, 100 mts past the finish line. Its a fact of life in racing I know but come on do a farking better job of it for fu-ks sake when in full view. 

All Clubs should have a horse ambulance, gone of the days using screens - this should be done properly and with some dignity. Not with a bloody tractor and a tray. 

Its not on. In my visits to Australia all tracks seem to use a float. Cmon we are better than this nz racing

Could they not shield it some how, not really any excuse these days,sad enough as it is, and my thoughts go out to all involved, must be devastating to the connections, very sickening to witness.

Yes Mr BS, watching it fall outside of the tiny screen and onto its back kicking its last breaths was bloody disgraceful & in full public view.

I was with my Teenage daughter and she is pretty hardened to some of the things that happen to our horses and even she said to me, "Dad this is not good".

5 minutes ago, napier said:

When a screen is put up i think it would be obvious that the horse was about to be euthanized...so why not look the other way ???

I am sure we can all figure that out you silly man,  so why bother with the screen at all. just shoot it from the vehicle & wait for the tractor.

33 minutes ago, TurnipOrange said:

Well said

Yep of course, if we look the other way we can pretend it never happened & all is  then good with the way its handled.

Similar to how the dairy industry was treating bobby calves, if we don't see it then its all fine.

If this industry is go forward in today's world we cannot turn our backs on animal treatment & it must always be looking for better ways to do things.

3 hours ago, La Zip said:

Yes, animal welfare within the thoroughbred industry needs to be ramped up in NZ.  its not good enough. That's why the horses here are so tough - they put up with a lot.

Please explain in more detail.

My own opinion is that animal welfare within the thoroughbred industry is of an excellent standard based on my experience over many many years.