RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

The official agenda

I am not surprised with the Corporate outcome but disappointed.

Clearly everthing is on track and the dust settled for another 6 months.

They know the grass roots folk will do nothing. That's what they have backed hence their confidence

Joke country - but sadly true

13 minutes ago, Insider said:

I thought pathic too, regarding the wimp of a Racing Minister that we are saddled with. 

I was at Ellerslie tonight and midway through the Million presentation I saw GP walking out on his own. Interesting that the head man on the biggest day of the year doesnt stick around. 

Might have had an urgent flight back to Wellington, who knows.

3 minutes ago, barryb said:

I was at Ellerslie tonight and midway through the Million presentation I saw GP walking out on his own. Interesting that the head man on the biggest day of the year doesnt stick around. 

Might have had an urgent flight back to Wellington, who knows.

He's been known to head to the Viaduct with the missus when other important events that he was involved in were occurring at Ellerslie.

Interesting this time we have a joint NZRB/NZTR release!

Not a mention of what appeared to be the main issue which was the FOB automated platform decision PP vs. TABCORP. Glenda seems to have shifted the focus back to the Racefields' legislation rewards which high level wagering industry insiders and my own examination of the research suggest is likely to be worth somewhere between a couple of crackers and a couple of million with the former more likely. They seem to still be relying on the very flawed report from the Offshore Racing and Sports Betting Working Group for those estimates which completely ignores the most robust peer reviewed research on the matter out of AUT. Doesn't seem like there was any challenge from NZTR and related parties on this. Never mind.

If you're packing for Oz, don't forget the hat and sunscreen. Ryan was clearly correct. Handbags at dawn.

We've heard it all before, same as back in 2011 when Purcell all starry eyed released Grimm's Fairy Tales, problem is, The Aussies pissed themselves when they read this, well the Aussies I know anyway, ''who wants to bet on NZ races'' that seems to be the cry, there would be far more investment on the animated gaming product there, in NSW called Trackside.........the NSW state gov gave the racing board 120 mil to kick start the ATC once the merger was confirmed, that capital investment funded the stakes increases, to start with. You can't just pull money off trees, it has to come from somewhere tangible. The squander here is mind boggling, all it would have taken was to send someone credible to SYD to study their model, however where would you find someone credible here? suggestions welcome.

43 minutes ago, biff said:

We've heard it all before, same as back in 2011 when Purcell all starry eyed released Grimm's Fairy Tales, problem is, The Aussies pissed themselves when they read this, well the Aussies I know anyway, ''who wants to bet on NZ races'' that seems to be the cry, there would be far more investment on the animated gaming product there, in NSW called Trackside.........the NSW state gov gave the racing board 120 mil to kick start the ATC once the merger was confirmed, that capital investment funded the stakes increases, to start with. You can't just pull money off trees, it has to come from somewhere tangible. The squander here is mind boggling, all it would have taken was to send someone credible to SYD to study their model, however where would you find someone credible here? suggestions welcome.

hesi 

1 hour ago, biff said:

Obviously Sky racing Oz agree with you. Ellerslie coverage yesterday was dispatched to Sky racing 2. This  despite many top Ozzie jocks riding at the meeting.

17 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Obviously Sky racing Oz agree with you. Ellerslie coverage yesterday was dispatched to Sky racing 2. This  despite many top Ozzie jocks riding at the meeting.

Then the week before our trackside channel left the Wellington Cup aftermath early  to put a shitty Sydney race on BOTH channels 

On 1/28/2017 at 10:16 AM, gubellini said:

The NZRB and NZTR need to look at potential alternative income streams other than gaming and wagering. I.e. Levies on exported horses or Levies on Stallion fees the proceeds to be paid DIRECTLY into stakes.

I like your thinking.  The model of funding based on wagering is old, tired, declining and had its day.  If you export $100m of horse flesh and charge 15% there's $15m to plough into industry development right there.  Only don't give it to NZRB for marketing or IT - it'll be pissed into the wind.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

NZ racing late in the day is always on SR2.

Correct but as my Ozzie friends noted this was a day when many top Ozzie riders were here.There was lots of money up for grabs compared to what they described as mediocre Ozzie stuff.