RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Thoroughbred industry participants call crisis meeting despite funding announcement

The exorbitant cost increases at the RB are largely related to the antiquated manual bookmaking system they have, whereas the competition are all using automated platforms like OpenBet. They are finally moving into the 21st century. They've added and added wagering products and events, with added costs pretty much matching any increase in revenue, and the resulting product/service/risk being uncompetitive. I think this is a good move. Trying to evaluate whether the PP deal was the right choice cf the TABCORP one is impossible without seeing the RFP documents which we never will. It sounds like that decision may be at the heart of the questions for the meeting on Sunday. It's not just about the money on offer from the tenderers though. It's also about the quality of the resultant product.

Thanks for posting that Horseboy, it's pure waffle, what we have come to expect, same thing back in 2011, the forward projections turned out to be a thing of wonder, sadly for us all the wonder should read wander.......it will be interesting to see/hear if the CEO of NZTR adds his comments to this, I somehow feel he'll keep it at arms length.....Glenda will face questions from the floor on Sunday, [hopefully] if they are not pre-vetted I would suggest Glenda will be torn apart, she acknowledges they are facing problems, as is the industry in general, every question should be answered, on the spot, in full and if dissected by the audience, further discourse should follow......if all this fails, how then do you rid the industry of these people? my guess is they have tenure of employment, therefore Mr Nathan Guy and his boss are the only ones empowered to advise John, Glenda, Alan and Greg, DCM.

"The Board agrees that NZRB needs to have the capability and resources to deliver these projects. They are not small undertakings. This is why the Board recently commissioned an independent review (by KPMG) of the NZRB’s ability to deliver those projects. Their report was presented back to the Board in December, and I am pleased to advise that it was positive"

Thanks Glenda. Any chance you could release the KPMG report so the rest of us stakeholders can glean the same sense of confidence that you seem to have taken from it?

4 hours ago, biff said:

Thanks for posting that Horseboy, it's pure waffle, what we have come to expect, same thing back in 2011, the forward projections turned out to be a thing of wonder, sadly for us all the wonder should read wander.......it will be interesting to see/hear if the CEO of NZTR adds his comments to this, I somehow feel he'll keep it at arms length.....Glenda will face questions from the floor on Sunday, [hopefully] if they are not pre-vetted I would suggest Glenda will be torn apart, she acknowledges they are facing problems, as is the industry in general, every question should be answered, on the spot, in full and if dissected by the audience, further discourse should follow......if all this fails, how then do you rid the industry of these people? my guess is they have tenure of employment, therefore Mr Nathan Guy and his boss are the only ones empowered to advise John, Glenda, Alan and Greg, DCM.

Chances are Mr Guy is in town on Sunday for the KM and opening of the sales on Mon... has he been overlooked (and that would be easy given his "no-nuts" demeanour) for an invite to the "OK Coral" meeting??.

38 minutes ago, Midget said:

There's huge interest in this at Karaka today....one minor dissenter but generally speaking the consensus was "about bloody time.."

Who's the dissenter? go on, surely not a breeder in moleskins? or a bloodstock agent, they don't count anyway.....the agent that is.

13 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

Chances are Mr Guy is in town on Sunday for the KM and opening of the sales on Mon... has he been overlooked (and that would be easy given his "no-nuts" demeanour) for an invite to the "OK Coral" meeting??.

Chances are he won't remember YT....;)

Nathan Guy says he granted American billionaire and Donald Trump campaign donor Peter Thiel citizenship on the advice of officials, but cannot remember doing it.

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

Chances are he won't remember YT....;)

Nathan Guy says he granted American billionaire and Donald Trump campaign donor Peter Thiel citizenship on the advice of officials, but cannot remember doing it.

I didn't inhale either, or have sex with that woman!