RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
legs&lashes

NZRS.....

My opinion is that the NZRS races that were established to "enhance" the breeding industry arent working.

There is a lot of money on offer for these races and in my opinion 90% of the stakes is going to 10% of the breeders.(no doubt someone will do the maths and come up with a more accurate figure)

I feel there should be a more widespread offering of this stakemoney and if the true intention of the original idea behind NZRS was realised NZ bred greyhounds would not have to compete in a series to recieve money but rather get rewarded for winning races accross the board.

So how about we try and get some ideas on this forum on how we can best improve the distribution of the NZ bred stakes so more breeders ,owners get a fair slice of the money on offer.

James maybe you could let us know what the Victorian system is.

AC

Because you import all your stock, and do not breed them, or rear them, or educate them, but rather have it all done for you. You then eye up all the money on offer to the hard working local breeders whom commit big money thats required in developing a litter through to racing, none of which you do. Leave the breeders alone i say, its working, and they deserve everything that comes their way.

I agree a fair bit. Nzrs race for less than a graded race in the heats and to me that is not fair. You are better off running in the money  in a c1 520 than in a c0 to c1 nzrs Heat, sure the final is worth more but you have to run in the money in that as well. Same goes for c2/c3 and c4/c5 and the open sprint for nzrs is just a joke. I think these races are good just the stakes for the heats needs to be brought into line with current stakes. Also something along the lines of, if you win a c5 520 $500 ? And if you can produce a litter that all win $1000 . Just an idea I'm sure there is others . 

Once again John you are talking shit.

I have 2 litters here aged 12 months and 10 months and 2 litters 3 weeks old.

I have bred many dogs and had many winners over the years(including Cool Tee Jay)

I have always bred as a hobby so get your tunnel vision glasses off,your facts right  and stop being an idiot.

The question was about the NZRS system!

AC

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Because you import all your stock, and do not breed them, or rear them, or educate them, but rather have it all done for you. You then eye up all the money on offer to the hard working local breeders whom commit big money thats required in developing a litter through to racing, none of which you do. Leave the breeders alone i say, its working, and they deserve everything that comes their way.

Do you ever think before you post? How would his idea benifet importers if that money would still be going towards NZ bred dogs. He suggested that it should be spread out to benifet more breeders instead of the few whom win the majority of the nzrs and I agree completely

2 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

There is a lot of money on offer for these races and in my opinion 90% of the stakes is going to 10% of the breeders.(no doubt someone will do the maths and come up with a more accurate figure)

That's because those that are doing the best job are getting the rewards, that's the way racing works.

Its expensive enough to rear a whole litter of pups, and many could take the easy way out and just get imports, but those that do the hard yards deserve to be able to race for some decent money every now and again.

52 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Do you ever think before you post? How would his idea benifet importers if that money would still be going towards NZ bred dogs. He suggested that it should be spread out to benifet more breeders instead of the few whom win the majority of the nzrs and I agree completely

No.

2 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

Once again John you are talking shit.

I have 2 litters here aged 12 months and 10 months and 2 litters 3 weeks old.

I have bred many dogs and had many winners over the years(including Cool Tee Jay)

I have always bred as a hobby so get your tunnel vision glasses off,your facts right  and stop being an idiot.

The question was about the NZRS system!

AC

No i don't talk shit, and even better, i'm not greedy. Now tell the folks the truth, you want to import unlimited ready made dogs, because you don't have the patience or where with all to do the hard yards. After creaming everything, and investing very little, you then eye up the money that is going to the breeders and owners of NZ dogs. Be happy with what you have, and stop focusing on what is not yours.

6 hours ago, aquaman said:

No i don't talk shit, and even better, i'm not greedy. Now tell the folks the truth, you want to import unlimited ready made dogs, because you don't have the patience or where with all to do the hard yards. After creaming everything, and investing very little, you then eye up the money that is going to the breeders and owners of NZ dogs. Be happy with what you have, and stop focusing on what is not yours.

Come on John although I'm not an AC fan I think you being harsh he has bred and reared successfully in the past

15 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Come on John although I'm not an AC fan I think you being harsh he has bred and reared successfully in the past

Yes he has, but by in large the vast majority of his success is from ready made imports. Thats ok, no problem there, but what is annoying, is then eyeing up money thats on offer to people doing the hard yards by breeding locally. The NZRS series are working well, we are now producing dogs the equal of Australia, so to attack it on the premise its not working is downright lies. Our locally bred dogs are getting stronger by the yr thanks in no small part to the success of these breeders.

Hey, if you want to import ready made stock for your racing operation, fine. Calium Weir is having great success doing this, as has Craig, but stop eyeing up what hard working, big costing local breeders and owners rightfully deserve. Focus on your own backyard. And yes Jason, i was probably a bit harsh on Craig, so i apologise to him.

52 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Yes he has, but by in large the vast majority of his success is from ready made imports. Thats ok, no problem there, but what is annoying, is then eyeing up money thats on offer to people doing the hard yards by breeding locally. The NZRS series are working well, we are now producing dogs the equal of Australia, so to attack it on the premise its not working is downright lies. Our locally bred dogs are getting stronger by the yr thanks in no small part to the success of these breeders.

Hey, if you want to import ready made stock for your racing operation, fine. Calium Weir is having great success doing this, as has Craig, but stop eyeing up what hard working, big costing local breeders and owners rightfully deserve. Focus on your own backyard. And yes Jason, i was probably a bit harsh on Craig, so i apologise to him.

Two or three breeders are producing dogs equal to Australia (with Australian breeds I might add). 95% of dogs bred in NZ are still c1 sprinters. Just have to look at Wanganui Wednesday or Addington Fridays. The quality has improved but not across the board and I can only see that gap lengthening between the few top breeders and everyone else.

The breeding industry is very small in NZ, but now thanks to incentive's such as the NZRS series it is improving, and those breeders in NZ that are responsible for breeding squibs need to look long and hard at the successful ones, such as Ray Amer, Gary Cleeve, Gary Harding, Robin Wales, Brendon Cole, Arch Lawrence, to name a few, and follow their example. But the reality is you will always have bad ones.

Possibly a way to correct this is to widen the gap between stake money for short course dogs, and classic distance dogs. Just up the stake money for middle distance dogs. Eventually it will just be completely uneconomic to breed a sqib. Then you will see a different result altogether given time.

Bev that is just a number.I would say you would need to look at all the runners and ascertain how long they have been in those grades as Im sure a lot of them may be on the way through the grades.

Also if my first post was read correctly one would see that I am asking if there is a better way to distribute the funds......Not take any of it away.

AC

On 1/19/2017 at 8:27 AM, Hound Fan said:

I still believe the old system was better where it rewarded the stud dog..brood bitch owner..and dog owner  ..only small dividends but when one off your breed won you got a bit back...

Why should the stud dog get a percentage of winnings?

The owner of the stud dog got paid when the bitch was mated or when the straw was bought.

You think sending money to Australian based owners of the likes of Bekim Bale, Magic Sprite etc....is beneficial to the NZ industry participants?

Maybe it's because you have a couple of stud dogs at your property? We have to think of what's best for the entire industry, not just our own pockets.

And who are you going to put your bitch to if you can't afford frozen  and all the vet bills associated...I have bitches coming here and they stay for 2 weeks I do my own tests with a expensive machine at no cost and 95% off the time I take a pup....it's people like you that is telling me why bother...you are the most negative person on this site.....people who stand one stud dog and get one or two matings a year used to enjoy $100 here and there....not that you would understand it costs  over 2k to register a stud dog with little chance off making money....why I'm trying to explain to a moron has got me beat....

35 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

And who are you going to put your bitch to if you can't afford frozen  and all the vet bills associated...I have bitches coming here and they stay for 2 weeks I do my own tests with a expensive machine at no cost and 95% off the time I take a pup....it's people like you that is telling me why bother...you are the most negative person on this site.....people who stand one stud dog and get one or two matings a year used to enjoy $100 here and there....not that you would understand it costs  over 2k to register a stud dog with little chance off making money....why I'm trying to explain to a moron has got me beat....

Not quite sure why you have to resort to name calling, it's nothing personal, just my opinion.

And as for being negative, all your postings that you have made since you are back posting (you stated you a while back you were never going to post on here again), have been nothing but moaning sessions, so pot and kettle come to mind.

And if you are struggling with standing a stud dog then maybe it would be easier if you didn't, or change what you charged, it's simple economics.

And the fee is a one off payment for the entirity of the stud dogs life, so yes it may seem expensive when first registering the dog, but it isn't that much over a whole lifetime.

3 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Not quite sure why you have to resort to name calling, it's nothing personal, just my opinion.

And as for being negative, all your postings that you have made since you are back posting (you stated you a while back you were never going to post on here again), have been nothing but moaning sessions, so pot and kettle come to mind.

And if you are struggling with standing a stud dog then maybe it would be easier if you didn't, or change what you charged, it's simple economics.

And the fee is a one off payment for the entirity of the stud dogs life, so yes it may seem expensive when first registering the dog, but it isn't that much over a whole