RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
hedley

David Bowie..tonight on Channel PRIME

3 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Chevy86 I hope you watched Carole...far more entertaining, less mumbly stumbly analysts, more musical/joyful and more educational. I for one love learning the back stories to the 'songs of my yoof'

Sure did weasel. Like Crusty never realised what a prolific writer she was.( even transatlantic for Herman's Hermits!) An absolute star from the golden era of music. I think most of us were enjoying the music of the day, looking for our next beer or bed warmer and not taking the time to read the record's fine print.

10 hours ago, chevy86 said:

Sure did weasel. Like Crusty never realised what a prolific writer she was.( even transatlantic for Herman's Hermits!) An absolute star from the golden era of music. I think most of us were enjoying the music of the day, looking for our next beer or bed warmer and not taking the time to read the record's fine print.

Star of the doco was undoubtedly Peter Noones tooth.

Absolutely brilliant viewing. A trip down memory lane. What gets me is they waffle on about how many songs John and Paul wrote. Boy, I never imagined how prolific King was until it was pointed out last night.  Weasel was right, the back story's didn't interest us back then, although the access through the  media was limited . Still singing to myself as I trotted off to bed. :)

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, globederby12 said:

Absolutely brilliant viewing. A trip down memory lane. What gets me is they waffle on about how many songs John and Paul wrote. Boy, I never imagined how prolific King was until it was pointed out last night.  Weasel was right, the back story's didn't interest us back then, although the access through the  media was limited . Still singing to myself as I trotted off to bed. :)

Some of the songs other people had hits with include

Natural Woman                                                                  Aretha Franklin

Wasn't born to follow                                                       Byrds

Hi De Hi                                                                              Blood Sweat and Tears

Youv'e got a friend                                                          James Taylor

Pleasant valley sunday                                                  Monkee's

Going Back                                                                     Dusty Springfield

Oh no not my baby                                                       Maxine Brown (and others)

I'm into something good                                            Hermans Hermits

Up on the roof                                                               Drifters

One fine day                                                                  Chiffons

Chains                                                                          Beatles

Go away little girl                                                        Steve Lawrence/Donny Osmond

Crying in the rain                                                         Everly Bros

Locomotion                                                                 Little Eva/Grand Funk Railway/Kyllie Minogue

Some kind of wonderful                                           Drifters

Take good care of my baby                                      Bobby Vee

Will you love me tommorrow                                    Shirelles

Preety sure the Four Seasons and the Carpenters also had hits with her songs.

20 hours ago, hesi said:

Pretty good Crusty, obviously into your 60's and 70's music

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - Frankie Valli and the Four seasons(Frankie Valli still singing), Bob Gaudio and Bob Crewe wrote most of their big hits

It's Going to Take Some Time - The Carpenters

Saw Frankie Valli and his mates last time they were in NZ.Can't remember exactly when but i recall the stage play Jersey Boys was opening   in Aucklandthe following week and cast members were in the audience.His voice was fine but i expected him to collapse at any stage.Got thru the concert alright,can't imagine him coming out again.Age might be catching up with him but if he does i'll be there.

Not a Queen fan so i will be giving them a miss.

18 hours ago, hedley said:

Tonight on Prime Rocks @8:30.p.m.  ..Michael Jackson "This is It"

Been done to death really Heds. Extremely talented but yesterday's child.

No one posted after Police were on. Says it all really, the guy couldn't sing for Shiite. But then  again nor can Peter Garrett  of Midnight Oil, and look how popular they are.