RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Who chooses the Trackside presenters ???

7 minutes ago, CT said:

Luke Radich was the best Trackside presenter by panels until he decided to pursue a career as a lawyer instead.

Had a good chat with him on course at Hastings one day when Seachange ran 4th in the Kelt (I had a nice collect off Racing To Win to win the Epsom that day B)). 

I find the best presenters have a vested interest in the game ie: the punters. 

The same goes for Mick Guerin who is by far and away the best presenter for Harness racing.

And David Gately (another big punter) over here who makes the NZ presenters seem like amateurs (which we already know they are).

I switched on Sky Racing the other day and by chance saw the end of "Weigh In" with Jason Tan (had a chat with him at Sha Tin a few years ago and I don't mind him) Aidan Rodley and KFE. What an absolute bore that show is and Karen was barely recognisable with "that hair". She's aged markedly since I moved to Melbourne! :o

You won't find many arguing with that last sentence CT....the sooner it is put out to pasture the better.

We have our esteemed leader Purcell on this weeks show...let's see if they have the balls to ask him the hard questions....:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, pete said:

I can just see The Mad Butcher interviewing Leah Hemi after a race.

'Now you know this is a white man's sport'...

"Maaate...that was a great ride...howdya do that...maate I was shittin' myself there for a while....bloody beaut mate......" ;)

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I have to admit, my favourite Trackside presenter has always been Liz. I think she leaves the rest for dead. But obviously each to their own.

I'm with you I think she is great, I probably don't know a lot about race rides etc or race tactics for that matter , but she never sounds out of her depth to me.

45 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You won't find many arguing with that last sentence CT....the sooner it is put out to pasture the better.

We have our esteemed leader Purcell on this weeks show...let's see if they have the balls to ask him the hard questions....:rolleyes:

They'll do what the do on Pete E show show , they'll talk about a bunch of nice topics, they'll go on and on about those topics then briefly mention something of note whilst running out of time , the reply will be they are looking into it or a report is being done etc etc , don't expect too much.

15 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Does that mean she is a good TV presenter... she is like a robot!!!!

No, but you did say "she knows sweet FA about racing", so you are factually incorrect, and should apologise to her, and admit your mistake. 

Whilst there is so much wrong with how racing is run in this country at the moment there is also too much incorrect crap being said on this site that it's distorting the facts clouding and the issues. 

14 hours ago, CT said:

I switched on Sky Racing the other day and by chance saw the end of "Weigh In" with Jason Tan (had a chat with him at Sha Tin a few years ago and I don't mind him) Aidan Rodley and KFE. What an absolute bore that show is and Karen was barely recognisable with "that hair". She's aged markedly since I moved to Melbourne! :o

"that hair"? All of my mum's friends ended up as part of the 'blue rinse brigade' sooner or later, but most of them were a lot older than our dear Karen before they started down that track!

Maybe K F-A has simply wanted to get started early so that in time we will think of her as ageless or maybe (but I don't see how) she she sees it as a nice compliment to the colour 'orange'?

n0?

17 hours ago, pete said:

I didn't actually say she was that great because she does sound a bit robotic. It was more a rebuttal of Scooby's contention that she 'knows sweet FA about racing'.

It's maybe just her accent that turns people off. I'd still prefer listening to her than bloody Cookson who just does my head in.

Agree with you about Cookson, has to be the most annoying for me, a must for my mute button. I always think of Talking Heads when he's on.

6 hours ago, Insider said:

No, but you did say "she knows sweet FA about racing", so you are factually incorrect, and should apologise to her, and admit your mistake. 

Whilst there is so much wrong with how racing is run in this country at the moment there is also too much incorrect crap being said on this site that it's distorting the facts clouding and the issues. 

I said she seemed to to know little and was like a robot...my perception and that is exactly how she comes across like she is reading from a script... i don't owe anyone an apology... and i think you will find the most crap on this site comes from people such as yourself... most in here love racing and post factually correct stuff. Cheers.

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I said she seemed to to know little and was like a robot...my perception and that is exactly how she comes across like she is reading from a script... i don't owe anyone an apology... and i think you will find the most crap on this site comes from people such as yourself... most in here love racing and post factually correct stuff. Cheers.

Hey scooby give it a think. A presenter that looks Ok, speaks professionally, strapper for dundeal, friend/partner? to leading NZ jockey.... that's pretty good credentials.

Perhaps you have got someone better in mind.

17 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Hey scooby give it a think. A presenter that looks Ok, speaks professionally, strapper for dundeal, friend/partner? to leading NZ jockey.... that's pretty good credentials.

Perhaps you have got someone better in mind.

She sounds like a robot...my opinion.. no matter who she is sleeping with or what she has done...how does that make you qualified to be a presenter.??? tell me that... but you would like normal just try to pick an argument... seems to be your normal practice.

Now Midget would be my pick ,for a presenter. Never short of an opinion, knowledgeable (don't get a swelled head),  calls a spade a spade, ex jock, vet, the list is endless.

A bit of makeup and an apple box and bingo , we,re all back watching.  Couldn't be any worse than the blank canvases we currently watch. Some of them look that slow they take valium as a stimulant.

11 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Now Midget would be my pick ,for a presenter. Never short of an opinion, knowledgeable (don't get a swelled head),  calls a spade a spade, ex jock, vet, the list is endless.

A bit of makeup and an apple box and bingo , we,re all back watching.  Couldn't be any worse than the blank canvases we currently watch. Some of them look that slow they take valium as a stimulant.

That's ridiculous.

For a start he's about 65 years old, and unless there's a clause in his contract saying he can use the FUCK word every second sentence he'd be unemployable.

Leave Trackside to the incumbents I say, they're doing an ok job