RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Unicorn2017

So they want to risk trials at awapuni instead of Foxton?

This is the only way to stop them because it appears they either don't care, or they think horses and jockeys safety, health, and arguably their lives are not important.

Until the Jockeys or Trainers Associatioj piursue this criminal negligence ( generic definition attached ) option legally nothing will change.

For what it's worth criminal negligence will or could include the clubs who present tracks knowing they have issues, the RIU for allowing meetings to proceed when marginal, NZTR for sanctioning the meetings and for being in deliberate denial of historical problems, and the NZRB for dereliction of duty under S9 of the Objectives of The Racing Act.

Criminal negligence occurs when individuals knowingly put themselves or others in harm's way, such as we explored with the examples of negligent gun use, child endangerment, and driving. Criminally negligent individuals act in a manner that is reckless and dangerous to others.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:01 PM, Leggy said:

Think the one horn, one post, unicorn may have been taking the piss? I have it on good authority that there has been N0 communication to the Foxton committee of any such change.

Well Leggy a couple of days ago a TRAINER based  in Foxton was under the impression the trials may be transferred to Awapuni, so wheres theres smoke there fire.

On 9/01/2017 at 9:03 AM, rosie one said:

Well Leggy a couple of days ago a TRAINER based  in Foxton was under the impression the trials may be transferred to Awapuni, so wheres theres smoke there fire.

No fire Rosie. All smoke it appears and not even much of that. They surely wouldn't run trials on a track deemed unsafe for racing would they? That would be suicide.

Just to straighten this out a bit, I understand that the smoke has come from the fact that Awapuni are attempting to deploy the alternative bend that was put in place a year ago so they can continue racing there for the 12 months or so that it will take to fix the top turn to a safe standard. As a result, they plan to first conduct some jumpouts there, and then, all going well, the trials scheduled for Foxton in February may be transferred there to test that alternative bend under near race conditions prior to racing being rescheduled there.

Guest 2Admin2
1 minute ago, Leggy said:

Just to straighten this out a bit, I understand that the smoke has come from the fact that Awapuni are attempting to deploy the alternative bend that was put in place a year ago so they can continue racing there for the 12 months or so that it will take to fix the top turn to a safe standard. As a result, they plan to first conduct some jumpouts there, and then, all going well, the trials scheduled for Foxton in February may be transferred there to test that alternative bend under near race conditions prior to racing being rescheduled there.

That's a crap decision.

Guest 2Admin2
2 hours ago, Leggy said:

It seems sensible to me. Why crap?

So you are resigned to Foxton being mothballed?  

Foxton is not being mothballed. In fact, it is moving ahead. If all goes well, one set of trials is being run at Awapuni to test the new bend. It will have no overall impact on Foxton or the number of trials they run during the season as I understand it, and as far as I know the FRC is supportive of the move in the general interests of CD racing. Awapuni needs to be fixed and this is a part of that process which I fully agree with. I don't agree with rumpole that it was a bad decision to do so. As I'm sure you know, I fully support the decision to fix the track there properly and think it should have been done at least a year ago and not parked as it was until further incidents occurred.

Guest 2Admin2

As long as those who "manage" the CD recognise and reward your benevolence.

Here's hoping that Awapuni's track issues are only the top bend.  Will they simulate the problem scenario by moving the rail out and applying irrigation?

Fingers crossed awapuni finally get their track to the high standard and doesn't try to do a quick fix.

It will always have the reputation of being too deep in the winter but thats the nature of the track......... so we also need a track like Foxton to get up and running again for the benefit of all concerned.

8 minutes ago, rosie one said:

Fingers crossed awapuni finally get their track to the high standard and doesn't try to do a quick fix.

It will always have the reputation of being too deep in the winter but thats the nature of the track......... so we also need a track like Foxton to get up and running again for the benefit of all concerned.

Wasn't the Awapuni track ok in winter when they were sand slitting? Then is it true that they couldn't afford to keep doing the procedure due to lack of funds and it quickly reverted to a tacky mud hole in winter?

Guest 2Admin2
18 minutes ago, puha said:

Wasn't the Awapuni track ok in winter when they were sand slitting? Then is it true that they couldn't afford to keep doing the procedure due to lack of funds and it quickly reverted to a tacky mud hole in winter?

Sand slitting is only a short term fix if you call it that.  Look at Te Rapa for example and it's state after repeated application of sand.

18 hours ago, Leggy said:

Just to straighten this out a bit, I understand that the smoke has come from the fact that Awapuni are attempting to deploy the alternative bend that was put in place a year ago so they can continue racing there for the 12 months or so that it will take to fix the top turn to a safe standard. As a result, they plan to first conduct some jumpouts there, 

I would suggest that instead of using the services of jockeys and trackriders for these jumpouts ( crash test dummies ) they get every member of the RIU that used to be a jockey to ride them. :o

4 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

I would suggest that instead of using the services of jockeys and trackriders for these jumpouts ( crash test dummies ) they get every member of the RIU that used to be a jockey to ride them. :o

All seniors and theirs a few their that  won't be taking any risk .

4 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

After reading that VS they have appointed David Walsh to the RIU. :D