RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

More drama at Otaki

18 minutes ago, biff said:

Most are trying to dodge the elephant in the room., why, I have no idea, until there is a change of management at both NZTR and NZRB nothing will happen. We had to dismiss staff last year as they were just not producing, yes it was in Australia and you have different employment laws here, but we had to draw a line in the sand as our business was suffering. It was not a hard decision in all reality, however we own the business and it is us that are accountable. Here it seems there is no one accountable, and that poor souls is lamentable.......ah that rhymes, aint life grand.

Only in Petone apparently Biff....:rolleyes:

On 1/5/2017 at 8:13 PM, globederby12 said:

Then don't race on them. Anyone seen what they did to Pakenham,just outside Melbourne. Unbelievable. $70,000,000 bucks worth.  Multiple track facilitys, 2.5 acre blocks for miles which have been snapped up by trainers and jocks alike ,because they know it is going to take off bigtime. As Midget said turn Foxton into the central race track for the bottom half of the North Island, keep Tauherenikau  for Sunday racing, trials, and scrap the rest including Trentham. Shit there goes another flying pig .I might be a gypsy but have connections to the TB game and they are worried. The CD is emptying out. Ones gone to Melbourne ,one to Cambridge, if one of the bigger players decides to pull the pin then there wont be enough horses to run trials, with a minimum no required to stage the days runs.

And $25000 maidens at Pakenham

On 1/5/2017 at 8:13 PM, globederby12 said:

Then don't race on them. Anyone seen what they did to Pakenham,just outside Melbourne. Unbelievable. $70,000,000 bucks worth.  Multiple track facilitys, 2.5 acre blocks for miles which have been snapped up by trainers and jocks alike ,because they know it is going to take off bigtime. As Midget said turn Foxton into the central race track for the bottom half of the North Island, keep Tauherenikau  for Sunday racing, trials, and scrap the rest including Trentham. Shit there goes another flying pig .I might be a gypsy but have connections to the TB game and they are worried. The CD is emptying out. Ones gone to Melbourne ,one to Cambridge, if one of the bigger players decides to pull the pin then there wont be enough horses to run trials, with a minimum no required to stage the days runs.

While Tauherenikau is one of my fav NZ racecourses its main problem is location. No easy access  to or from anywhere similar to Opaki. They also have issues with the bend just past the winning post. Foxton is just a dream  no one it going to build a new facility there will just be a trial venue. Only people I can see doing well are the major studs and trainers with Asian backers .The rest are on struggle street. S.L

1 minute ago, puha said:

While Tauherenikau is one of my fav NZ racecourses its main problem is location. No easy access  to or from anywhere similar to Opaki. They also have issues with the bend just past the winning post. Foxton is just a dream  no one it going to build a new facility there will just be a trial venue. Only people I can see doing well are the major studs and trainers with Asian backers .The rest are on struggle street. S.L

The only reason the nztr keep going past Foxton is because it is owned by a Trust....... NZTR must be able to get with the Trust and work something out ..... The Foxton track is CENTRAL to ALL CD TRAINERS 

19 minutes ago, rosie one said:

The only reason the nztr keep going past Foxton is because it is owned by a Trust....... NZTR must be able to get with the Trust and work something out ..... The Foxton track is CENTRAL to ALL CD TRAINERS 

If that's the case then having facilities similar to Te Teko but an added small covered stand is a cost effective option. It is probably the most central location as you have stated but I can't see anyone soon financing the upgrades. It would be like pocket change to someone like Mr Wolf  how does the NZ industry entice him or someone similar to help with the set up? 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, Chris Wood said:

Victoria went down on Wednesday and went for a run around the track, stating that the surface was a disgrace.

There is no money for infrastructure here in NZ, with Ellerslie one of the few clubs with huge cash reserves, yet they won't spend it on a World Class surface, hard to fathom!

Imagine a Strath Ayr surface there, we wouldn't be forced to drive past Ellerslie for 3 months of the year.

A no brainer in my books!

Agree totally with you a Strath Ayr surface is the only way to go, why they even bother with a talking about a putting in a all weather track lacks common sense

Strath Ayr is called a all-weather track!

Strath Ayr is a all weather natural turf track.

http://www.strathayr.com/turf-systems/strathayr-track-system

Personally, I like to see all weather Strath Ayr turf on the outside of Ellerslie, and use the inside track with a polytrack. Just like Sha Tin and Kranji etc...

Ellerslie can run 12 horses on the poly for more races during winter.