RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
legs&lashes

handling dogs

As with a lot of the rules, they appear reasonable on paper sometimes, but how can they administer them ?

As usual consistency cannot be applied unless it is a fulltime job for someone to oversee from the time the trainers arrive at the track till after the last race.

Do Board Members not realise parking of our vehicles is not always in the proximity of the kennels.

What is the difference in handling a dog before they race, to handling after a race.

At Addington often our parking is over 200 metres from the kennels.

How can we cope with this rule with late kennelling and 18 minutes between races.

It is  no use leaving it to "Stewards discretion" it has to be administered across the whole scenario.

Those who seek to apply some of these  race day conditions have obviously never experienced the tension and responsibility leading up to putting your dog in the boxes.

Ray Adcock

Come in Graeme do you copy over (pause of 2 months) do you copy over we urgently require some support from you to explain to the board on some miss givings they have on how this industry operates which differs from looking it from behind a desk. I would suggest CEO spend a couple of days in one of the larger Kennels to get better under standing what occurs on a normal race day and pressure some of these trainers are under.

Graeme if we dont hear from you we will contact missing persons.

32 minutes ago, bus stop said:

Come in Graeme do you copy over (pause of 2 months) do you copy over we urgently require some support from you to explain to the board on some miss givings they have on how this industry operates which differs from looking it from behind a desk. I would suggest CEO spend a couple of days in one of the larger Kennels to get better under standing what occurs on a normal race day and pressure some of these trainers are under.

Graeme if we dont hear from you we will contact missing persons.

Hes done nothing for LPs so wouldnt expect much

Yes exactly Lad and now he is a "Director" and in being so is now not aligned with LPs and becomes a member of the "untouchables" and does not have to answer to any of us just like the rest of the untouchables.

The way things are going there will be only a handfull of large trainers and then hobby trainers who just have one or 2 and have a job to rely on for income.Just my opinion.

AC

9 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

Yes exactly Lad and now he is a "Director" and in being so is now not aligned with LPs and becomes a member of the "untouchables" and does not have to answer to any of us just like the rest of the untouchables.

The way things are going there will be only a handfull of large trainers and then hobby trainers who just have one or 2 and have a job to rely on for income.Just my opinion.

AC

Could not agree more...it is not easy at the moment......as I said before with every new person employed by grnz we the LPs seem to be drifting further apart...the communication is getting worst......they have employed a marketing person that as far as I can see has done nothing and this is something that was my career...when I got into a new venture you would give it everything and then it would slow down,we'll if the marketing person has Givin it everything we are in trouble...just look at the magazine....I know it won't suit everyone but in the north we are struggling for dogs for decent races so why couldn't the board fast track all the imports in the north that are sitting on the sidelines to help this?...it seems easier for nothing to be done........what is this board doing at there meetings the only thing I see is taking away things from the grass roots.....do we ever hear off future plans ? Is there any future plans? What's happened to the money owed to us from the galloping code?....sorry as LPS we deserve better.

40 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Even managed to win two days before voting closed and a few lps in the North island hadnt even received the ballets. What happened to the inquiry?

Agree most people I spoke to didnt get a form and the rest didn't vote for him so how the hell did he get in again

5 hours ago, bus stop said:

Just a thought could the RB be loading the gun and getting the new chums on the board to pull the trigger 

The way the dog code is being run its only at matter of time (nearby) and its stuffed...horse racing would be stuffed by now but given they would be the biggest private employer in the country (government departments first) it just wont happen no matter how much they "flog their dead horse" to survive...their stakes are deadset awful and yet it costs $80 PER DAY to have a horse trained for you...wake up doggie people...price rise for the new year in order!!

Ive listened to people commenting on this site year after year about shit quality fields, rubbish squib races, sprint fields dominating meetings etc etc. ...wake up people, its nothing to do with misjudged breeding or aussie imports its simply all to do with the majority of race dog owners wanting to be in the high rollers club but not being prepared to pay to be there! (Or quite frankly not having enough money to even be there!!). Heres my fix for longevity of the sport (1) no more 50/50 deals, if someone wants to own a race dog they must be prepared to pay for its up keep, well being and future after racing..(2) across the board monthly fee to own and race a greyhound, say $200 per month plus fleaing..worming..council rego fees, vet bills,etc etc.  (3) $100 up front payment payable to gap upon registering a new race dog ( trainers end up lumped with this fee otherwise). This in my opinion (of which im entitled too) will see the end of shit fields, low grade meetings and the over stock of average to below average race dogs...hey if it wasnt for 50/50 deals do you guys honestly think these owners would be PAYING to watch their dogs run last week in week out??? I think not, the root of our problems in this sport actually start at the ROOTS! imagine how many dogs one person could own if they all cost $200 per month each????? fair suck of the sav guys...greyhound training is no easy job. ..its 24hrs per day 365 days per year, unfortunately the dogs dont no its xmas day or ya birthday, they still want a feed and a run!....and on time please!

...I decided to tell owners they would have to pay $100 per month to have a dog trained by me, this meant that the dogs food was paid for by the owner and I could actually get paid to TRAIN the dog....hence I dont train anymore...none of them wanted to pay. I decided it was more worth while for me to do f"'k all if I so chose to rather than spend my OWN money caring for someone elses dogs. I've got a few left here and they have been "dumped" on me cause they have finished racing now and the owners arent prepared to pay given their not getting a return anymore...shame aye given 1 cost us $2000 and won $30000 in stakes...imagine the phone calls I would of got if I didnt pay those stakes out on time!!!