RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Track Inspection Awapuni - It ain't fixed! K W Morton Vindicated - AGAIN!

22 minutes ago, Leggy said:

...and what did they spend building a new temporary turn so they could fix this? Half a mil maybe? I can longer be bothered looking upnthe details related to their incompetence and stupidity.

We get back to that dirty dirty subject, =accountability.......it just doesn't exist here.

2 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Well they cant race there now without substantial work being done.  Maybe transfer to Foxton?

As I pointed out above, they said that a year ago. Foxton should be ready in a few months but not yet. It will cost plenty to transfer meetings there though I suspect.

95 horses went round there Tuesday and none fell over. As far as I'm aware the jockey's didn't complain although their showers etc aren't that flash. At least the track is safe and fair.

http://www.nzracing.co.nz/RaceInfo/45876/Meeting-Overview.aspx

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=foxton racing club

11 minutes ago, Insider said:

Where will they run the Boxing Day Meeting?

Surely the risk is too great to schedule it for Awapuni. 

I was in Palmerston North on Thursday and there was plenty of rain around that should have helped the track not hindered it.

what about the Marton Meeting too?

There has to be something very wrong with the way Track Managers are asked to manage their tracks these day!

Foskett?

Transfer Awapuni to Opaki....great course proper and a track manager that gives a toss.  

have had a quick talk to kylie they checked her 3 times one just before 2 looks like she come through it ok  will have the massager on when she gets home they checked her shoes but she had been reshod this week so wasn't that but boy oh boy that put a spanner in the works for our go head plans

19 minutes ago, Insider said:
6 minutes ago, sharne said:

have had a quick talk to kylie they checked her 3 times one just before 2 looks like she come through it ok  will have the massager on when she gets home they checked her shoes but she had been reshod this week so wasn't that but boy oh boy that put a spanner in the works for our go head plans

She looked a picture at the track this week, what a bloody shame, at least she's ok.

2 minutes ago, Focus said:

My filly was having her first start at Te Rapa when the meeting was abandoned due to the running rail falling over .....

Off to Awapuni yesterday for todays meeting................

I'm sure there are many others in the same boat - what a joke NZ racing has become.

You're lucky, the owners of Riding Shotgun sent him to the South Island when he was a spring 3yo, and after travelling the length of the country and basing him in CHCH he went to three different meetings, as far south as Otago, and got sent home three times because the meetings were abandoned.

3 minutes ago, Midget said:

You're lucky, the owners of Riding Shotgun sent him to the South Island when he was a spring 3yo, and after travelling the length of the country and basing him in CHCH he went to three different meetings, as far south as Otago, and got sent home three times because the meetings were abandoned.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg. There are also all the occasions where you travel to a meeting with the track advertised as a suitable condition for your runner and it then turns out to be nothing like that and you are faced with the choice of late scratching or going around 3/4 pace for the exercise.

50 minutes ago, Insider said:

I was in Palmerston North on Thursday and there was plenty of rain around that should have helped the track not hindered it.

There has to be something very wrong with the way Track Managers are asked to manage their tracks these day!

Foskett?

Yes, I agree. It would be totally incompetent, unsafe and inappropriate to schedule any further meetings at Awapuni until the track is fixed or preferably completely relaid. If they do I'll be requesting Worksafe to investigate.

Once again, jockeys have been sent out as crash test dummies on a track that was clearly unsafe. Enough is enough.

52 minutes ago, Insider said:

Foskett?

I've just heard from a little birdie they are considering tomorrow........ha, can you just imagine the RACE team with miners hats on working all night to remedy this?

18 minutes ago, Midget said:

Oh Jesus, is that right? that then would make the record books surely, that is unbelievable, grounds for an extra gratia payment, pain and suffering et al.

Guest 2Admin2
12 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

On tomorrow.

Are they slicing irrigating heaps and shifting the rail or have they got Brian Tamaki from the Destiny Church praying?

15 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Are they slicing irrigating heaps and shifting the rail or have they got Brian Tamaki from the Destiny Church praying?

Get a priest in from the one true apostolic church, bless the track, sprinkle the top bend with about 500 mls of holy water, then we'll get a good safe heavy 11.

Why did they spend $280,000 on the inside bend (the old steeple course) that's shaped like an egg which means goes out to a point when they could have surely fixed the 800m bend with its anti camber, which by the way should have been done back when the track was last closed to do from the corner from 600m to winning post. Again its going to create more problems than fix them if after all this time from the reconstruction of the inside corner its not fit for use.