RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Insider

Who was the better PM, Clark or Key?

I don't know how to set up a proper pole, so simply name one or the other, Clark or Key. (Alphabetical order)

It won't be very scientific I know, but from it, I might be able to work out a few things. 

I will start off with:

CLARK

Agree with Crusty probably a tie.Clark was outstanding early on where as Key is leaving with  a lot of things that were semi promised unfinished and some not started.Although I believe that stems from a bit of misinformation from some of his ministers.

Just hope English doesn't become PM,but it looks like he pretty much odds on,he struggled as leader of the opposition in his stint of a couple of years.I just don't see him as being a strong enough leader and he talks too much about things he shouldn't be commenting on.His comments on Barack Obama put a bit of strain on Keys relationship with both Obama and members of the E.U..And some of his off the cuff flippant comments aren't well thought through.Saying that I don't rank Coleman and think it an election to early for Bennett.Even though I know the public don't like Judith Collins I actually admire her frankness and sharp shooting and believe she is actually the logical one but unlikely to get it due to her public perception.

History will decide this one. Key will be viewed as more popular. A good kiwi bloke. But in reality, merely a steady hand on the tiller of a ship that could have sailed it self.

At least with him gone we can raise that Pension age to 67 years. That's clearly been needed for some time and he was holding it up.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:03 AM, Uriah Heap said:

Pension age to 67 years.

Feck off Uriah, that's alright for you office jerks who look for some exercise at the end of the day,to lose the fat build up from doing nothing. Us tradies have battered our bodys for the best part of 50 yrs. To add more years on is criminal and discriminatory.

On 09/12/2016 at 8:17 PM, globederby12 said:

Feck off Uriah, that's alright for you office jerks who look for some exercise at the end of the day,to lose the fat build up from doing nothing. Us tradies have battered our bodys for the best part of 50 yrs. To add more years on is criminal and discriminatory.

Two more years on the building site will keep you fit and healthy Globederby, pus content in the knowledge that you're assisting NZ's economy.

none of the above... both should be held for treason.. what they have done  to the working class people of new Zealand, low income earners those on pensions and benefits.. housing and health gone out the door... the Mr average nz der can not get a state house. These are given to those from parts of Africa , and the middle east countries.. if you don't believe this to be true.. get off your arse and try to get a state house... yes both have a lot of explaining to do but neither will show any remorse... they make Robert Muldoon look good..

Edited by final luca
spelling mistake :)

1 hour ago, final luca said:

none of the above... both should be held for treason.. what they have done  to the working class people of new Zealand, low income earners those on pensions and benefits.. housing and health gone out the door... the Mr average nz der can not get a state house. These are given to those from parts of Africa , and the middle east countries.. if you don't believe this to be true.. get off your arse and try to get a state house... yes both have a lot of explaining to do but neither will show any remorse... they make Robert Muldoon look good..

Final Luca.

The average New Zealander does not want a state house and doesn't need one.

State housing should be done away with and be open to the free market.

sorry but I totally disagree... while most nz  people do not want a state house and some don't need one as they would rather buy... as for renting a house in Auckland.. is near impassable..  the low in come and some on benefits have little options but to apply for state housing... if it is not available then we risk more and more people with you families living in cars, under bridges in parks or unaffordable garages like we see on TV.... state housing started open  market rents some years ago... it does not work, it does not help those already in state housing... an example: I was paying $80 per week for a state house.. market rents came in ,the rent went up to $250 per week, with the government giving an accommodation supplement  of $125, I had to find the rest... that was  a decade ago. Maybe longer.. rents have increased  to double that(most likely more)  yes they take it on my income but at that time I was unemployed and wasn't getting much more than $200. there are hundreds if not thousands struggling with housing...  I guess your just lucky Brodie to be average... most of the average people I hear from are screaming out for housing and they would welcome a state house.