RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Most frivolous protest ever ?

Check this out.

Hope it works ok, if it doesn't can someone upload that footage from the NZTR site, in particular the piece between the 250 and 150m mark.

I've seen other camera angles too but whatever way you look at this it's a farce, and it took a half hour to resolve.

IMG_6916.MOV

Those in the room tell me Sam Wynne claimed that brush at the 200m mark cost her three quarters of a length !! Spare me, has she had a head knock ? If not they should drug test her because that's 54kg of A grade dope right there.

13 minutes ago, uneasy said:

The RIU protested the JCA dismissed but gave A COLLETT 4 days 

And a bloke trading under the name Michael Pitman ( I understand you know him well ) declined to be involved and stated that the protest was unwarranted and wouldn't or shouldn't succeed ( or similar words ).

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

3rd against 1st.

Winner ran in around the 800m and 3rd horse lost a length, Was four lengths behind the winner at the post. 

And that's exactly when they should lower the boom on these lunatics making all these frivolous protests.

It's bizarre behaviour and a waste of industry time and money.

Anyway Ted they should have your mate NGH ( or DMW) sitting in, could be remotely in a bunker somewhere, doing a quick review, and making a decision as to whether a protest should even go to a formal hearing ( before they get back to the birdcage ) because at the moment it seems as though we've got a plague of time wasters infesting the industry,

3 hours ago, rdytdy said:

3rd against 1st.

Winner ran in around the 800m and 3rd horse lost a length, Was four lengths behind the winner at the post. 

Trainer claimed it was 3 lengths  while his jockey claimed a length.  Incredible and complete  waste of time, this could be start of new trend when any horse getting a bump during the running fires in a protest.

MR LUIGI (S Spratt) – Checked passing the 1000 when ROYAL SUCCESS ducked inwards abruptly with MAE WEST then also having to be checked to avoid the heels of MR LUIGI. After questioning riders and reviewing films the Stewards were satisfied that the movement from ROYAL SUCCESS had been sudden and beyond the control of its rider who had taken immediate corrective action to relieve the pressure.

Following the race connections of the 3rd placed MR LUIGI lodged a protest against the winner ROYAL SUCCESS alleging interference near the 1000 metres. After viewing films and hearing evidence the Judicial Committee dismissed the protest.

With regard to the Riding Shotgun protest, I have only just watched the footage now and after they jumped I knew why it didn't succeed. :rolleyes:

There has been no precedent set. ;)

You see, Riding Shotgun was Santa's pick. No horse with the rider wearing Santa's hat has ever been relegated  from what I can recall. :) 

On 12/3/2016 at 9:49 AM, Newmarket said:

Nonsense and one might even say the 4 days A Collett got for the brush was fairly harsh as well given the RIU correctly dismissed the protest.

what a joke and you wonder why the riders get pissed off

5 minutes ago, Muritai said:

RIU is developing a record of inconsistencies,denigrating a once proud industry....please bring back the Integrity urgently

Bit harsh.

All they need is better training of those officiating and passing judgement, a video library of historical cases as a resource, faster decision making once the inquiry commences, and lastly, a couple of experts like D M Walsh who can quickly peruse footage before the jockeys have weighed in and make a decision as to whether it's even worth proceeding to the formal phase.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:26 AM, Midget said:

Bit harsh.

All they need is better training of those officiating and passing judgement, a video library of historical cases as a resource, faster decision making once the inquiry commences, and lastly, a couple of experts like D M Walsh who can quickly peruse footage before the jockeys have weighed in and make a decision as to whether it's even worth proceeding to the formal phase.

actualy imo the Riccarton incident involving riding shotpus goes: 

Bumped horse 

presured out continuously 6-7 widths whole strait

beaten what a neck 

worthy of a look actually.

48 minutes ago, Dopey said:

actualy imo the Riccarton incident involving riding shotpus goes: 

Bumped horse 

presured out continuously 6-7 widths whole strait

beaten what a neck 

worthy of a look actually.

You're not called Dopey for nothing.

Frivilous, if you can put your colouring book down and go do the math it's easily shown that he cost Kinagat about 9cm, but he beat him home by ten times that.

Besides the rider of Kinagat came from behind and inside Shotty, changed ground to attack on his right hand side, and was always heading further to his right,with clear air between them.

As for the bump, FFS, you'd see more bumping on a dance floor, it was only a brush anyway, a little gentle brush.

5 hours ago, Midget said:

You're not called Dopey for nothing.

Frivilous, if you can put your colouring book down and go do the math it's easily shown that he cost Kinagat about 9cm, but he beat him home by ten times that.

Besides the rider of Kinagat came from behind and inside Shotty, changed ground to attack on his right hand side, and was always heading further to his right,with clear air between them.

As for the bump, FFS, you'd see more bumping on a dance floor, it was only a brush anyway, a little gentle brush.

I said imo which by definition is ... in my opinion.

Show me you triangulation calculation and diagram that gets you to 9cm, I did pure and applied mathematics. Let's agree, for the calculation they went out 7m and take the distance from where the stewards said the bump occurred. Phone a friend if you need to. 

what about the rules, and taking another horses line. what about the fact the jock got 4 days - are you saying you could argue that was not correct.

Overall I agree it was minor not major - but all I said was imo it was worth a look!!!!

So did I, but only at schol and 100 level.

Anyway A2+B2=C2

Right angle from winning post across track is B.

A=200m

B=6m ( lateral movement from the 200 mark )

C= sq root of the above, difference is 9cm

but even that's not relevant as there was no sheperding, Kinagat wanted that outside line he took when he came from inside Shotty and looped around him.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you're wrong IMO and I'll go further and say NZ is backward because the stipes and the JCA seem to have no understanding of maths or herd type behaviour ( when horses join up as distinct from sheperding ).

Now you go ......and by the way, the protest wasn't about the lateral movement ( I was misinformed about that ) it was about the brush at the 200 that Sam ( English is my second language ) Wynne said cost her three quarters of a length.

41 minutes ago, Midget said:

So did I, but only at schol and 100 level.

Anyway A2+B2=C2

Right angle from winning post across track is B.

A=200m

B=6m ( lateral movement from the 200 mark )

C= sq root of the above, difference is 9cm

but even that's not relevant as there was no sheperding, Kinagat wanted that outside line he took when he came from inside Shotty and looped around him.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you're wrong IMO and I'll go further and say NZ is backward because the stipes and the JCA seem to have no understanding of maths or herd type behaviour ( when horses join up as distinct from sheperding ).

Now you go ......and by the way, the protest wasn't about the lateral movement ( I was misinformed about that ) it was about the brush at the 200 that Sam ( English is my second language ) Wynne said cost her three quarters of a length.

Sláinte!

RIDING SHOTGUN (A Collett) Shifted out passing the 250 metres making contact with KINAGAT passing the 200 metres before being straightened. RIDING SHOTGUN continued to lay out throughout the concluding stages.  

Interference contact from 250m is 0.1m

margin was 0.2 lengths = say 0.3m at least

Case dismissed = outcome, which is what was decided.

IMG_2679.JPG