RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Thoughts post 2016

OK experts, lets dissect the season.

I haven't seen today's match yet - I can only afford Prime - but I just wonder if very early on the team management began to believe the press and this got them to believe they were bullet proof, regardless of what team they put on the field.      We have all discussed "rotation" before and just because management have dropped that word, they certainly did not drop the tactic.    Sorry I may be old fashion but to me a test is between the best we can field at that particular time and similarly what the opposition can also put against us.      No good for the game if we beat "their second team" or they are beaten by "our second stringers".      For an individual player to be selected should mean he is the best in his position and the honour of being an All Black would mean just that.    Haven't got the stats in front of me but look at Perenaira where around three quarters of his caps are ten to fifteen minute stints at the whim of the management or the odd injury.     If by playing all these seconds is because of the demanding schedule, then the answer is simple, isn't it.      And funny isn't it, simce all this rotation nonsense started there has been one common denominator - Wayne Smith.      Does this man have too much say in the tactics and the running of the ship?    Damned if I know but you can't but wonder! 

Footnote - after seeing today's replay on Prime.      Why move the best 5/8 in the world back to fullback when Izzy went off when regardless of the closeness of the game, Beaudy always looked to have things under control when he entered play, whether attack, or defence,   Sure Cruden is a good player but did the match demand Beaudy be the one to vacate his spot.      They had plenty of options to cover full back - Cruden himself, Savea has played there, Naholo wouldn't let you down, and if they had shifted one of the wingers back Cruden could easily have played 2nd centre on even wing, and the 2 youngsters could easily play 2nd, centre or wing.    Much better options here wouldn't you think than putting Barrett back.          And then oh hell, they take off PJ and introduce a guy who once was streets ahead of anyone but lately has not only lost his playing form but his ability to read the game.     And also talking of thinking (lol) wouldn't Read have looked an A-hole if the frogs had scored in the last 5 after turning down an easy penalty.     I really don't think Kieran has progressed as a captain as we would have liked and I do consider his overall general play skills have suffered too since becoming Captain.     

39 minutes ago, eljay said:

Footnote - after seeing today's replay on Prime.      Why move the best 5/8 in the world back to fullback when Izzy went off when regardless of the closeness of the game, Beaudy always looked to have things under control when he entered play, whether attack, or defence,   Sure Cruden is a good player but did the match demand Beaudy be the one to vacate his spot.      They had plenty of options to cover full back - Cruden himself, Savea has played there, Naholo wouldn't let you down, and if they had shifted one of the wingers back Cruden could easily have played 2nd centre on even wing, and the 2 youngsters could easily play 2nd, centre or wing.    Much better options here wouldn't you think than putting Barrett back.          And then oh hell, they take off PJ and introduce a guy who once was streets ahead of anyone but lately has not only lost his playing form but his ability to read the game.     And also talking of thinking (lol) wouldn't Read have looked an A-hole if the frogs had scored in the last 5 after turning down an easy penalty.     I really don't think Kieran has progressed as a captain as we would have liked and I do consider his overall general play skills have suffered too since becoming Captain.     

I think your assessment is proof that you should find another sport to follow 

Thoughts

Barrett was outstanding and fully deserved that "World Player of the Year" title. He's the sort of player who makes you sit up every time he's on the ball - Similar to Christian Cullen and Jonah Lomu. I quite like him back at fullback. Allows him to roam a bit wider late in the match. I also like Cruden when he playing 1st five. A very good General.

All Blacks are world leaders but other teams now Coached by Aussies and Kiwi's who are not set in their ways. They are looking at the AB's style and going "We need to play like that". Unfortunately for NZ the other teams are looking quite useful when they do play that style.

Aussie - Lack depth, but not heart, esp when vs AB's. Nothings changed there.

South Africa - No heart, no purpose no unity. A 'cot case' and this is not good for world rugby.

Ireland - Played some great rugby and then let themselves down with all that carry on after the match in Dublin. "Cry babies" is what we used to refer to them as.

6 nations should be a cracker and very tough, this northern season. A nice lead in to the Lions tour. This will not be easy for the AB's in 2017.

Steve Tew - The most put upon man in the world this year. Fair go. I'm surprised he hasn't been fingered for the Bain murders.

Filipo - Never heard his school, his family or Rugby League (his favourite sport he was playing at the time), apologise for his drunken assault, late on a Saturday night. But Rugby Union had to get down, and bend over, and take it. Fair go, that was a real beat up and a great chance for all rugby haters to come out of the woodwork.

Now it's time for a break. No oval ball for the next three months. Rest and recuperation - ready for 2017

Just got up to watch Eng v Aus to discover its only on the Rugby channel, its bad enough that sky is so friggin expensive but to then insult Rugby supporters but putting an international match that has strong interest for kiwis only on the chronically overpriced Rugby channel is an insult.

Sky would have to be the worst customer focused organisation in NZ.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:49 AM, barryb said:

Just got up to watch Eng v Aus to discover its only on the Rugby channel, its bad enough that sky is so friggin expensive but to then insult Rugby supporters but putting an international match that has strong interest for kiwis only on the chronically overpriced Rugby channel is an insult.

Sky would have to be the worst customer focused organisation in NZ.

Agree, from memory Australia Ireland was the same wasn't it?