RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Te rapa Abandoned

Understand a rail is paramount but is the design faulty if it can't withstand wind ?  If it's not one thing it's something else .Those that  can least afford it are burnt again .

Cambridge JC | UpdateNZTR are currently working through options to reschedule the meeting. The meeting will not be rescheduled in the next 48 hours but is likely to be run later in the week if practical. A decision will be made asap tomorrow morning (Monday)

Unless the winds have damaged the rails and they couldn't be fixed quickly I would have thought the logical day to transfer to would have been tomorrow leaving the fields intact.

Tuesday sees trials at Te Teko, Te Aroha race Wednesday and Waipa race on Thursday. That only leaves next Friday or Sunday.  

Whatever happened to the so called inside track at Te Rapa? Not saying it was constructed for tote racing but weren't trials supposed to have been held on it over a year ago.

I haven't been to Te Rapa lately so perhaps someone could fill me in on the status of it.

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

Tuesday sees trials at Te Teko, Te Aroha race Wednesday and Waipa race on Thursday. That only leaves next Friday or Sunday.  

So Whats wrong with thinking outside the square?

Te Rapa could be staged Wednesday starting 10.00 am and late twilight start for Te Aroha. Not that far to transport the gates and all other personel. Keep everybody on their toes,

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Whatever happened to the so called inside track at Te Rapa? Not saying it was constructed for tote racing but weren't trials supposed to have been held on it over a year ago.

I haven't been to Te Rapa lately so perhaps someone could fill me in on the status of it.

Inside track is having its first trials early in new year.

58 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Te Rapa could be staged Wednesday starting 10.00 am and late twilight start for Te Aroha. Not that far to transport the gates and all other personel. Keep everybody on their toes,

Next Sunday is the best solution as the meeting had plenty of xmas party bookings. which would only survive if it stayed a weekend.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Really,? and those that have travelled up from the central districts and further do what. 

Maybe a subsidy for those affected ,covering accommodation for horses and personal ?. Or transport costs back and forth?.  Owners fork out again, trainers get pissed off, and the industry takes another bow.

6 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Really,? and those that have travelled up from the central districts and further do what. 

Maybe a subsidy for those affected ,covering accommodation for horses and personal ?. Or transport costs back and forth?.  Owners fork out again, trainers get pissed off, and the industry takes another bow.

hey come on now Globe - look on the positive side..... those on massive 6 figure salaries still get the same take home pay ;)

2 hours ago, barryb said:

Inside track is having its first trials early in new year.

Are you sure Barry?

Nothing on the NZTR website calendar and in the Northern Region Racing Programme book, trials are scheduled for Cambridge on the 10th January, Te Aroha 17th and in February, Matamata 7th, Cambridge 14th and Avondale 28th.  

Levin racing at Otaki fri and it's quite a big day with two stakes races and presuming some  northern horses and jockeys be there.

So probably Sunday would be the only day next week to reschedule today's lost meeting

Two topics on the same subject and this was my reply on the other page....

Yes I also went to Dargaville where we still don't know if it was "human error"  or what that caused the abandonment on a fine sunny day,   Te Rapa today is also a major issue. Were the rails installed correctly initially and surely they should have been "wind" tested to be approved as suitable for the task? I did hear on track side that the rails have blown over before on non race days at Te Rapa so surely the problem should have looked at then and a remedy discussed with the manufacturers? A lot of " safety first" lately and to hell with the expense for owners that are struggling here anyway?  I agree that "safety is paramount" as they trot out, but does that say that ran 3 races on a "dangerous" track at Dargaville then had to cancel the rest of the programme? The track hard hardly got worse after 3 races and probably getting better with the top being chipped off and horses running over it?

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

Are you sure Barry?

Nothing on the NZTR website calendar and in the Northern Region Racing Programme book, trials are scheduled for Cambridge on the 10th January, Te Aroha 17th and in February, Matamata 7th, Cambridge 14th and Avondale 28th.  

This is from Ken Rutherfords statement in the annual report august 2016

The inside track development was completed during the 2015/16
season, and the Club is confident that the track will be an important
resource for Waikato-trained horses. Jump-outs are expected to
start soon, with a trials meeting planned pre-Christmas 2016.

It's almost comical you travel 800kms  to finally get a decent surface knowing your racing for minimum stakes and then  this happens and it's on one of our supposedly top tracks. When will the circus end? S L

20 minutes ago, barryb said:

This is from Ken Rutherfords statement in the annual report august 2016

The inside track development was completed during the 2015/16
season, and the Club is confident that the track will be an important
resource for Waikato-trained horses. Jump-outs are expected to
start soon, with a trials meeting planned pre-Christmas 2016.

Not happening anytime in the near future if at all, track is far to tight and especially after what happened to Bailey Rogerson on the inside track a month or two ago.

5 minutes ago, BruceL said:

Not happening anytime in the near future if at all, track is far to tight and especially after what happened to Bailey Rogerson on the inside track a month or two ago.

Well if that is the case Bruce then the whole board should resign for gross negligence. There are plenty on the board who would have known the track would be to tight to trial on, David Greene for one.

1 minute ago, puha said:

It's almost comical you travel 800kms  to finally get a decent surface knowing your racing for minimum stakes and then  this happens and it's on one of our supposedly top tracks. When will the circus end? S L

Was hoping to catch up with you at Te Rapa too Steve as I had one in today as well. Bit of a bugger alright. 

I didn't get over to the track as it was abandoned before I left home. I must admit I am quite surprised what happened as, yes it was quite breezy today but hardly anything out of the ordinary and certainly not gale force over my way. I did hear George Simon saying it was pretty windy at Te Rapa though.  

43 minutes ago, barryb said:

Well if that is the case Bruce then the whole board should resign for gross negligence. There are plenty on the board who would have known the track would be to tight to trial on, David Greene for one.

Only one that should be held responsible are the ones in charge so that's the Chairman, who's to know who makes the decisions and what people vote, but to single one person out is unfair especially when they haven't been on the board for long at all (he may not have even been on the board  when this decision was made,  it was a long time ago)

The trial track may end up a success but from what I have heard it's definitely not going to be ready pre-Christmas or in the new year